• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genshin Impact

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Since the old thread is over a year old at this point, I thought I'd make a new one.

Does anyone play this game? I honestly play almost every day and got too in deep and now have a creative objective with this series. The world of Teyvat inspire me to get back into writing, so I kind of owe it, you know?

Who are your favorite characters? And what adventure rank are you?

I won't be giving out my player id btw please don't ask.

Anyway, my favorite characters are Kazuha, Scaramouche, and my mains (Benett, Razor, Xinqiu) but, I also enjoy Albedo, and various other characters. I'm Adventure Rank 50 and refuse to do the last ascension quest until they give me a reason to.

Also, kinda, sorta? Oops. Spend money on this game. I'm pay to win and want every playable character. But, I'm responsible and don't spend $1,000s on single banners.

I'd say, apart from Pokemon, this is the only other game (besides idol games) that has actually grabbed me from the beginning without feeling burned out by it.

However, I despise the Genshin fandom and will not interact with them. I mostly stick with talking about it in private, or talking about 54 Genshin ocs. But I walk around eggshells, even then. Going to full lengths to try and avoid the fandom from seeing me by using accents on vowels so I do not appear in searches and etcetera. (And going out of my way to not refer to canons by name in my fanfiction).

By the way, good luck if anyone's rolling on the current banners.

Years
  • If a year ago I had been told that Genshin would be one of my all time favourite games, I would not have believed it. But here we are. I am captivated by the deep worldbuilding and lore of Teyvat and very much invested in the game's character's and storylines (of which there are just so damn many). Not to mention the gameplay itself is also good and that there's so much diverse content in the game that there is never not something to do. Aside from the occasional week or two where I'm focused on other things, I pretty much play daily or at least every couple of days.

Collei is my favourite character over all - partly owing to the webcomic. She's a really well-written character with a surprising amount of depth and is even pretty fun mechanically - which is saying something since she's an archer lmao. Some other favourites include Zhongli, Kazuha, Albedo, Barbara, Xiangling and Ayaka but there's not many characters in Genshin that I don't like (pretty much just Lisa and Diona actually). I'm currently playing with a main team of Electro Traveller, Collei, Jean and Xiangling with a B-team of Ayaka, Keqing, Barbara and Kazuha. Working on building teams 3 and 4 too, because why not? I think right now I'm sitting at AR 56 or 57 but honestly it stops really mattering once you get into the mid-fifties.

As for spending money... yeah. Not a lot, but I've done Welkin or Battle Pass every now and then. Honestly though, I'm rapidly getting over any guilt I've felt about that. Genshin is a freaking huge and high quality game that you can very easily play and enjoy completely free and most of the time I do. Even the gacha mechanic, while still being stingy, is not nearly as bad as some people would like you to believe if you know how to show even the tiniest bit of restraint. So yeah, given how good it is on top of all that, I'm not going to feel bad about spending some money on it sometimes. Especially when the amount I spend on Genshin in a year is less than I'd be spending on a big-name Switch or PC game that I'd probably only play once or twice anyway.

It's funny you say the fanbase is terrible though. Because while on a level I agree... I think the majority of the fandom is actually pretty chill. The problem is that the outliers are loud, obnoxious and monumentally terrible. Even if you're not actively engaging with the fanbase - which is fair, I don't really either outside of friends - it's worth seeing the insanely good art the community produces though.

I'm resisting the temptation to pull on Kokomi's banner right now. She's cool and all, but I'm saving my primos for Nilou who should be out in 3.1.

Think that's every question/comment answered lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I have honestly never heard of this game. It doesn't look like my kind of game though.

You're lucky you've never heard of it, honestly. I envy you.

I'll be honest in that open world games were not something I ever touched until Pokemon started trying it, so I totally get you.

Years
  • I play Genshin, but a bit less often because of university stuff irl. I love the characters, lore and worldbuilding in the game. My favorite characters are Ayato, Albedo, Alhaitham, Heizou, Xiao and Eula. Albedo is the character that made me want to play this game and he is one of the most interesting characters in the game, but my current favorite is Ayato because of his personality, design, English and Japanese VAs and the fact that he is a fun DPS.

The fandom on Twitter sucks, but the Genshin Discord servers I am in aren't actually bad places and are chill.

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I got pretty major burnout with Genshin after playing every day for like a year or so. I also started playing with my now ex-gf, we split after 5 years together which was pretty devastating, which I guess could be a contributing factor as to why I'm not as motivated to play anymore.

I've been waiting for the switch port of this game forever so hopefully if we eventually get that it will reignite my love for it and I'll start playing again.

Hopefully at some point I will get to hop on to explore the new area and check that out, did I miss that limited time archipelago place? My burnout came at a pretty bad time if I did end up missing that limited time area. Wish they'd just add it in non time gated.

Years
  • I got pretty major burnout with Genshin after playing every day for like a year or so. I also started playing with my now ex-gf, we split after 5 years together which was pretty devastating, which I guess could be a contributing factor as to why I'm not as motivated to play anymore.

I've been waiting for the switch port of this game forever so hopefully if we eventually get that it will reignite my love for it and I'll start playing again.

Hopefully at some point I will get to hop on to explore the new area and check that out, did I miss that limited time archipelago place? My burnout came at a pretty bad time if I did end up missing that limited time area. Wish they'd just add it in non time gated.

You did miss it yeah. It's a northern summer exclusive thing and will probably be back next year.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I think that Genshin is pretty exceptional for a gacha game, as I normally don't give them the time of day. I was drawn in by the beautiful world most of all. I hadn't experienced open-world apart from BotW so it all felt very awe-inspiring and vast! My first week of playing was easily the most fun, just exploring with Amber, shooting down hilichurls, veeery slowly defeating camps that were way above my level at the time. Next best memory was discovering Liyue! I love Liyue. The harbour has to be one of the best video game cities ever. And the music!! And the teapot!! I adore all that stuff.

My top characters are Xiao and Venti, who I'm very lucky to have! From my own team, my other favourites are Beidou (a staple, for her shield attack), Jean, Xingqiu, Bennett, Xiangling/Guoba, Sayu, and Itto. For characters I don't have, it's Albedo, Zhongli, Tartaglia, Diluc, Razor, Ayaka, Kazuha, Thoma, Ayato, Heizou, Tighnari, Collei, Baizhu, Dainsleif...

Basically I'm on a mission to collect all the husbandos, if you couldn't tell.

I used to log in every day, but now it's often 30 days or more between check-ins. I've missed a lot (including Tighnari *sobs*). My biggest issue with Genshin is that I get fear of missing out, and I can't do anything about it because I'm stuck behind hours and hours and hours of main story quests... I wish you could jump ahead without having to beat those quests first. :( It's too much for me to catch up with now. I find myself mashing through the dialogue, so I'm not even sure what the plot is at this point lol

Actually, maybe I'm blaming the story when in truth, my issue is how painfully long it takes me to progress between cutscenes. If I could breeze through, I could enjoy the story. But my world level is too high for my character level, and my artefacts/weapons aren't helping, because I'm a F2P player with 999 ping ahdsjfhshf. I'm not kidding, 900-999 ping is my norm even when playing solo, so I can't ride on the backs of high-level online players to help me grow stronger. I see them bulldozing enemies and I just wish I could do the same. I'd still enjoy playing if I didn't have that insurmountable wall of chores to grind.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Diluc was one I wanted but never got just yet, same with Fischl. Other than those two I was lucky enough to pull mostly everyone I wanted!

There seems to be a lot of new characters since I stopped playing, do people like the new characters?

I like the look of Heizou and Tighnari but I don't know if Tighnari should've been 5 star, maybe another 4 star imo, Cyno looks pretty cool too!

Years
  • Diluc was one I wanted but never got just yet, same with Fischl. Other than those two I was lucky enough to pull mostly everyone I wanted!

There seems to be a lot of new characters since I stopped playing, do people like the new characters?

I like the look of Heizou and Tighnari but I don't know if Tighnari should've been 5 star, maybe another 4 star imo, Cyno looks pretty cool too!

I like all the new characters yeah. Heizou, Tignari, Dori and Candace are all cool. Deyha, Nahita and Nilou are a step up from that and Collei very quickly became my favourite character in the game.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • hopefully when I jump back in Heizou is one of the 4stars on the current banner! And hopefully I can finally get Fischl too!

Years
  • hopefully when I jump back in Heizou is one of the 4stars on the current banner! And hopefully I can finally get Fischl too!

You just missed chances at both but I'm sure they'll be back soon enough. The summer archipelago story stuff was heavily focused around Fischl.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I didn't get Dori on her banner, in time. I feel like I've had pretty bad luck with new 4*s lately, and I'm...we'll just say, a character completionist, and I want everyone, so I have an excuse to write all the canon characters in my fanfiction uh, I mean what? I saw Kuki has returned on Cyno's banner, and I really am hoping I get her this time around. Last time, I did almost over 100 rolls and got two Ittos but not a single Kuki to my shock and horror.

At any rate, they released the Desert map
    and let's just say I have plans so I can write my oc having to go there for work.

I hear people mention Genshin burnout and fear of missing out a lot, but I've never really experienced either of these things because I'm kinda on the creative side of the spectrum nowadays.

Last edited:

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I like Genshin Impact, although it's been ages since I last played it. I'm keen to get back and check out what I've missed since they added that big ice/mountain area.

Years
  • I like Genshin Impact, although it's been ages since I last played it. I'm keen to get back and check out what I've missed since they added that big ice/mountain area.

Oh man, that was a while ago - before I even started playing the game. We're up to the fourth nation now and the story has gotten really good. Highly recommend getting back into it if you're considering it.

Back