• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Gigantamaxing revealed alongside new trainers and Pokemon

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • I can't really take Gigantamaxing seriously. Like, the Pokémon get so big they will have to stand behind their trainer to fit in the stadium. And yes, that means they let kids stand between two gargantuan monstrosities in rampaging fury without getting trampled somehow?

Spoiler: RIP trainers
    6jz7TlO.png

gVTfhLy.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • If gigantamaxing changes form, why can't they just make it Mega Evolution rather than scrap it all together?
    smh, i blame all of this to the new Godzilla movie.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • everybody stop

alcremie is all i'm gonna talk about for the next ten years

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I seriously like how the look changed; Albeit I wish they'll just considered it as Mega Evolution and just bring the whole concept back.

I really detest how they decide to scrap everything altogether and introduce a new way to use Pokemon especially after all the hypes that accompanied it.

P.S-- I really love the giant cake thingy.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I really love the character designs, and the new Pokemon are cool, too!

Mostly I'm impressed with the environment and world graphics for these games!

Not sure how I feel about the changing of the size, seems kinda random, but I'm sure they'll make it cool stats-wise somehow.

Years
  • I mostly disliked the idea of Mega Evolution because only certain Pokemon got to use it. I was fine with Dynamaxing since all the Pokemon (to my knowledge), could use it. Gigantamaxing was a big step backwards for me since lots of Pokemon are going to be excluded from it. At this point I'm more excited about Masters than this game. Was kind of hard for me to get past this concept that I didn't really see much else in the article (and appeared to be positive news from what I get from you guys).

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Designs are cute but i wish Duraludon wasn't so refined. I love dragons with a rougher/unique look.

Was planning of getting Shield but I'm quite fond of Bea who looks more like a Muay Thai/Mixed gighter whereas Maylene was centered around Karate.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Negativity alert 😔

The more I think about it, the less fond I am of having version-exclusive Gym Leaders. :/ (I know Black & White did it, but that was a while ago and I thought they'd moved on.) I'm not fond of version-exclusive anything besides Mons or other tradeable things (again, R/S did this prominently, but an alternative was later introduced in Emerald, and while OR/AS was good I wouldn't have minded Emerald being remade instead) - trading for version-exclusives is a pain, but it's doable, whereas exclusive Gym Leaders, etc. means you will not be able to have all the content without buying both games, period. I thought the official position was that the two-version system isn't meant to make you buy two games, but to encourage trading and socialization?

Yes, I know I could just pick solely based on the Gym Leader I like and trade for my preferred box legendary - but I don't just want to have Zacian, I want to see it as a figure in the story and have an epic battle at the climax to catch it. The entire concept of box legendaries is meant to get you hyped up for this! (Imagine if for some reason you bought Sun over Moon despite preferring Lunala, figuring you could trade for one, and then you found out what the deal really was with that particular box legendary...) And what if, for example, there ends up being two pairs of version-exclusive Gym Leaders, and you prefer the one from Sword out of the first pair and the one from Shield out of the second? Or the Gym Leaders and another untradeable version-exclusive feature to choose between? I just don't like this.

Last edited:
    Back