• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girlfriend & Boyfriend

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I know I'll sound Cliché/Ridiculous/Possibly Naïve/Cheesy when I say-

I am certain that if I went without loving someone and being loved back, I would be extremely unhappy with my life and feel incomplete. No matter if all my goals and dreams were lived out, I would still be miserable.

Quite frankly, being in a stable, loving relationship (and eventually having a family together) is really my number one goal.
    I don't know why, it just is.

Whether you believe love is non-existant, impossible to reach, etc.
    I could really not give any less caring then I'm doing so right now.

So good luck with that. :D

This was my point in my first post. All humans can love. We know that because of a little thing called "art". Music, art, prose etc. all create feelings within us regardless of how phlegmatic we pretend to be. The same applies to our feelings towards other human beings. It sounds corny, but love is one of the few things that endure. We can all, and always will be be able to, love. Weatherman, Kiyoshi is probably, IMO, the wisest person here in his approach to relationships and love.

This has become a very interesting thread.

Years
    I know I'll sound Cliché/Ridiculous/Possibly Naïve/Cheesy when I say-

I am certain that if I went without loving someone and being loved back, I would be extremely unhappy with my life and feel incomplete. No matter if all my goals and dreams were lived out, I would still be miserable.

Quite frankly, being in a stable, loving relationship (and eventually having a family together) is really my number one goal.
    I don't know why, it just is.

Whether you believe love is non-existant, impossible to reach, etc.
    I could really not give any less caring then I'm doing so right now.

So good luck with that. :D

I'm in sorta the same mind set to be honest. Back when I was in school and such I wasn't really all that bothered, I was in no way ready for such things for a magnitude of reasons but now I'm older and wiser I know what I want from life.

And to all you naysayers, relationships aren't just about being bought stuff or sex or whatever, seems stereotypes exist for a reason. |:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I suppose people want to be around someone who understands them and cares for them. Or they just wanna make out all the time or date for the popularity/drama. Take your pick. I personally choose not to involve myself in any of the BS either way. At least, not for a while.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    I am a lazy SOB. And their for, because of my lazyness, I have decided I will not actively search out any kind of "love" relationship. I figure my life will be a H E double Hockeystikcs lot easier without a significant other. Not to say that if a situation does arise in which I find myself one, I will ignore it. If I truly do find someone I truly...love, I will do my best to make hing work out. That is of corse if I can summon up the guts to even talk to them. Other then that, I'm going to stick with the easy route in life. Or at least as easy as I can get. :)

And from what I get from your posts Jolene, you sound like a really shallow person. I'm not saying you are shallow, I'm just saying that's what it's sounds like, and that kind of shallowness will never bring you happieness. :(

rickyisgreat

Water pokemon rule!!!
    Years
    I like and dislike relationships... When your with that special person you feel like you have it all but the couple of days after its over are the worst days of your life... :("sigh"

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Nothing's special about relationships, really. Although if 2 person really love each other, then they should go be wed or something.

Early relationships, like when you're still going through adolescence, it's what we call "puppy love" and not really serious. But when approaching "manhood" you treat "love" different. I don't like relationships, as they will only make me sad. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Question; 8 boyfriends at once, or over your lifetime? Cause I think that's what the other poster was getting at.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Whatever you say........ Everyone has their own opinion

Apparently you don't have a lot of people persuing you. lol. 8 isn't that much. Why in the world would that be wrong? Most people are lucky to find their husbands/wives by about the 13th.

rickyisgreat

Water pokemon rule!!!
    Years

Apparently you don't have a lot of people persuing you. lol. 8 isn't that much. Why in the world would that be wrong? Most people are lucky to find their husbands/wives by about the 13th.
    I thought that person meant 8 at one time. lol

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    lol. im sorry. i thought you meant at once.

LOL naw never that, I been a 1 man man 4 a while now. It happens 2 almost everybody after they mature enough, I started feelin this way round 23ish.

Now if u wanna add all the side dudes I dun had in addition 2 my official relationships the number round 30 lol

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I am a lazy SOB. And their for, because of my lazyness, I have decided I will not actively search out any kind of "love" relationship.

You shouldn't be "looking" anyway. The right person should come to you naturally. If you go out "looking", you'll get blindsided a lot and you'll get into a lot of dumb relationships. Love comes naturally. It may even come naturally with a co-worker, or one night studying with a friend. You shouldn't be going out talking to women / men in an attempt to get to know them enough to see a few similarities, call on dating, and then realize you made an error.

Although, sometimes this method works << but it's always complicated, even then.

I just think people shouldn't be so preoccupied with it. It'll come. Give it time. That's all.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!

Indeed. Everyone wants to have love relationship. But what's so special about it? : /

Discuss! : D
    Not everyone wants a relationship, you know. I really couldn't be fussed right now. I'm happy with who I am at the moment, and I don't need a girlfriend.

You shouldn't be "looking" anyway. The right person should come to you naturally. If you go out "looking", you'll get blindsided a lot and you'll get into a lot of dumb relationships. Love comes naturally. It may even come naturally with a co-worker, or one night studying with a friend. You shouldn't be going out talking to women / men in an attempt to get to know them enough to see a few similarities, call on dating, and then realize you made an error.

Although, sometimes this method works << but it's always complicated, even then.

I just think people shouldn't be so preoccupied with it. It'll come. Give it time. That's all.
    Sorry, did you just imply people shouldn't attempt to go out and find someone? That makes no sense to me. People might not want to wait. If everyone thought like that, there would be no such thing as relationships.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think she means seeking someone just because they want to feel loved. :(

Like going out to find a prostitute if you want sex.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I think she means seeking someone just because they want to feel loved. :(
    I don't see the difference. You're going out to find a relationship, regardless of if it's for sex, love, or anything else. You have your intentions when you leave the front door.

Why else would people look for relationships other than wanting to be loved? ._.

Back