• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girlfriend & Boyfriend

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Having a boyfriend is good if he lots of buys things for you. Sometimes they don't. You have to be careful.
    Gold digger alert, haha

I've never been the romantic kind, but I want to have a family someday.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    ^i agree with Throat's post, lol.

One thing that I know about relationships is this: Middle School relationships never last 99% of the time.
    I'm sick of seeing these brainless teenagers saying "I love you" and "We're going to last forever" and rubbing their "love for each other" in other peoples faces, and yet, they break up a week or two later. If your going to be in a relationship, at least stay committed to it for a while... What makes me even more mad is when people just date for popularity. Now what really angers me the most is when someone asks you out, and then pretends to like you and then purposely just dumps you in front of everyone because it was a joke to humiliate you or they were just "playing with you".

I'm staying single until high school, and I have a great reason to do so. I'm tired of being BS'd all the time -.-
    ....Or maybe its just me?

That's my input on teenage relationships ^^. This is really just regarding middle school dating, haha.

Last edited:

MuRd3riNGQu33nX

Leader of World 3-X
    Years
    It's just a way to express the love that we all have inside of us to other people. I don't think dating is the best way to do that all the time but if it's someone you can see yourself with forever then...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Huh... :cer_no: People here seem to be in the mindset that a relationship has to be special and has to last forever and has to be about finding the "one". As I have already mentioned, can't a relationship just be about having fun? It's just friendship bumped up a notch. When you meet new people for the first time in a friendly encounter do you think to yourselves "will our friendship last forever?"? Why can't you just enjoy a relationship as a social experience and not a lifelong commitment? If it becomes something more, well that's great you've found that someone "special". But don't hold off a relationship because you've worked out that there's a high probability it won't last or they don't seem like they're everything you've ever wanted in another human being.

Sorry, this is just my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Huh... :cer_no: People here seem to be in the mindset that a relationship has to be special and has to last forever and has to be about finding the "one". As I have already mentioned, can't a relationship just be about having fun? It's just friendship bumped up a notch. When you meet new people for the first time in a friendly encounter do you think to yourselves "will our friendship last forever?"? Why can't you just enjoy a relationship as a social experience and not a lifelong commitment? If it becomes something more, well that's great you've found that someone "special". But don't hold off a relationship because you've worked out that there's a high probability it won't last or they don't seem like they're everything you've ever wanted in another human being.

Sorry, this is just my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

Finally someone on here who agrees that not every relationship has to be about finding true love or The One.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    My girlfriend, Krista W., is my current girlfriend of 2 years. She was an old college classmate that asked me out. I have to keep her away from my Grandmother, because she is against interracial relationships/marriages (my girlfriend is Arab-American and I am White). I do believe when you find your soulmate you will know it. My first girlfriend, Sarah, that I had in middle school (seventh grade), had dated me for only 4 month and broke up with me.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I've been lonely before but not for a relationship. All I really wanted was another person who understands me (like a best friend) because I'm into programming, games and fantasy, I just wanted somebody else to talk to about this stuff. I've always found it hard meeting people who don't have an issue with me being the way that I am. Some guys don't like girls who are on their gaming terf, and a lot of the girls give me a bit of a berth because I'm not into stereotypical girl things.

Being single isn't the end of the world, in fact it can be kind of fun. Annoys me when people act all desperate because they think being single makes them look bad. Being single gives you more free time to dedicate to your hobbies/studies and you can be as flirty as you like (which is kind of fun as long as the people your flirting with know your not being serious.)

Once you're in a loving relationship you've got the whole pressure of commitment and things. Saying that however, I am very happy in my current relationship and wouldn't give it up because it feels nice to have someone think so much about you, who you can talk to about anything you want. It's best not to think about it, or try to get it, just be happy and if you find it then good, if not don't get down about it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Having a boyfriend is good if he lots of buys things for you. Sometimes they don't. You have to be careful.

I've never gone out with someone who has similar interests to me. That would be kind of strange, I think. Although there was a guy who kept trying to make me interested in the things he likes. Like, he kept getting me to come watch his band rehearsing, and he kept asking me to go to concerts with him. He was not fun.

You don't just date people because they buy you stuff do you?
    Cause that seems a bit... umm... I can't think of the word, but stingy I want to say?
    Similarities are usually great in relationships because you have a lot to talk about.

example:

Not Similar -
    Boy: Have you heard the new Bring Me the Horizon remixes on their deluxe album?!
    Girl: Ummmm no? I like rap.
    -awkward silence-

Similar -
    Boy: Have you heard the new Bring Me the Horizon remixes on their deluxe album?!
    Girl: Yeah! They're amazing!
    -Long conversation about the remixes-

I always like similarities in relationships, but that's just me.

Also, Umbreon_, you can be my girlfriend any day ;D

Years
    There should be a balance between similarities and differences imo, you need to have a few things in common but you should be able to introduce each other to new things too. If you are both exactly the same then that could be just as bad as being completely different.

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
    Years
    Ive been going out with one girl for a long time but I'm starting to dislike her.
    Any advice on how to break up that won't hurt her cause shes obssesed with me

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    In regards to Jolene thinking someone trying to get her interested in their band is annoying ... well ... I'd say he'll make someone very happy someday. He was trying to include you in his life and interests. That's what relationships are about. My husband plays Magic the Gathering. I hate it, but I go up to the shop with him every Friday and watch him play. He does things I like to do and I involve myself as much as I can tolerate with things he likes to do. Love/Relationships are very "Give & Take".

The comment about them buying you stuff. Ha ha. It needs no response, but that's the most shallow train of thought I have ever heard. Back in high school I had a job and my on-and-off beau of 2-3 years didn't. I bought him oodles of stuff and all I ever got from him was flack. But I didn't judge our relationship based on how much he bought for me. He introduced me to things I still love today and that was enough.

I agree with having a nice balance between similarities and differences. You don't want to be with your clone, but you don't want to have nothing interesting to say to each other either. My husband and I seemed to be complete opposites when we married and we are like that in some ways, but we have a lot in common as well. Concerning the things we are different in, it is fun to have friendly debates about them and he taught me a lot about professional football last year because I never watched it before.

Years

Christ, you selfish person.
    Men don't exist to buy you things. If you want to get into that whole side of things, I am pretty sure I can beat you in what one sex should do.

Why aren't you in the kitchen anyway?

LOL JK

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Relationships lead to heart break. Nowadays in my age group, you just go out with someone just to say you are.

But my motto is: "No boyfriend, no problem!"

Years
    *headdesk*
    For teenagers I hate that people feel they must date someone. I very rarely found people that had a first boyfriend/girlfriend and when it was over their first reaction was not "I've got to get another lover!"
    Now that I'm out of high school I don't know if it'll be the same as that, but from what I have collected relationships suck.

Yet I want to be loved, so bad. ;A; I find everything about relationships to be so silly and troublesome but...grr...

Back