• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold, Silver, or Crystal?

Gold, Silver, or Crystal: Which is best?

• Gold

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Crystal

Votes: 78 62.4%

• Total voters

Luap25

yeah.
Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    I just wanted to find out because I have gold and wanted to know what people thought of the gen II games. Please include a reason why you chose the game, too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Crystal. Its gold with better graphics. I had Gold first but Crystal was the better experience.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Crystal. The graphics and animations were better, and there seemed to be more of a plot.

Years
  • I liked Crystal best, until it deleted the game file on itself x.x That was a bummer. After that, I liked Gold (I don't have Silver, but I wish I did..Lugia is one of the few legendaries that I like).

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I have, no wait, used to have gold, but i heard Crystal is much better.

But since all have Kanto&Johto, there all preetty good.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I like Crystal version better than the other 2 because I like the graphics in the game, they added a battle tower, better looking pokemon, Jhoto is awesome, and its my fav. gen. 2 game! ^_^

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • For sentimental reasons, I like Silver the best. But Crystal had the more in-depth and interesting story.

But it doesn't matter, I would play all three again, anyways. :P

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Crystal is my favorite, mainly because it added to an already great region. The choice between a boy or a girl character was amazing to me, and the Battle Tower is a neat challenge.

Silver is my second favorite, but that's probably a biased opinion since it was my first second gen game. Gold is awesome too, but if you're choosing between Gold and Silver, you might as well just pick based on version exclusive Pokemon.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I kind of prefer Crystal the most, but only because of the animated sprites *looks at avatar*
    It also has a more interesting plot as well as a better selection of in-game pokemons.

Years
  • Crystal actually has a little bit of story to it. Add in the Battle Tower and I pick Crystal.

Although Gold is awesome because you can get Ho-Oh before you fight the elite 4.

EnteiFirecracker

maybe i'm in love
    Years
  • Crystal.
    It has more of a plot to it as others have said and most of the sprites that had mistakes were corrected, such as Raikou for example.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I like all of them. But if I had to choose I would pick Gold. I dont really have to many reasons.. Maybe because its the first pokemon game I played?

Jarin

In ur DS, stealin ur pogymons!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Crystal. If not, get Silver because from what I heard, Lugia only gets Aeroblast in Silver. >.>

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'd never played Crystal so that one was out of the equasion.
    I can only say Silver really because I only had small goes on Gold.
    Silver was good though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Crystal by far. It introduced animations, a female trainer, the battle tower, both legendary birds, the odd shiny egg, and Buena's radio show (which I really miss as I got my vitamins/candies from her).

It's the first game where I completed the pokedex (excluding Celebi). ^^

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • Crystal :) due to better graphics, and it being the first pokemon game with the female character to play with :cool:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Crystal. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't catch Mareeps in it and getting Ho-oh requires the capture of the three legendary beasts. :(

Back