• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Goldenrod City Game Corner - Voltorb game

Years
  • Did you guys like this feature? This is the first time you cant buy the coins, but also the first time you cant lose the coins.

I personally love the game. It is actually the first game I will continuously play, cos it's really fun. It's like a mix of sudoku and that mine game you have on the windows lol

And it is not that hard.

My currently highest reached level is Level 5.

What do you guys think of it?

Years
  • I really like it actually, I find it WAY easier than the slot machines and it's actually more rewarding cause you have to logically figure it out as opposed to it just being pot luck :) I don't mind as much that you couldn't buy the coins this time around cause imo the way to get them is easier, whereas in the original games I ALWAYS resorted to buying them lol, the slot machines were just not for me, as fun as they were lol xD

Years
  • I hate Voltorb Flip. It's pretty much a Pokemon version of Minesweeper, which is a game I suck terribly at. The game is so hard for me I even recall that I couldn't get any higher than Level 1. It's the only downside I really see with HG/SS in my opinion.

Years
  • I restarted my HG a few days ago. Oh boy... that game...ugh I HATE that game. I just cant get more than 3 coins before the voltorbs use explosion on me. I really like the slot machines, I had to get 5k coins(i bought the other 5k) on Diamond to be able to have thunderbolt in HG. So yeah, I hate it.

Years
  • Guys look what I found :D

https://www.voltorbflip.com/

Lmao, you can play all you want now with this :D

I just got to level 5 with this easily. It is not 100% reliable since every puzzle can have results which vary, so there is not one ultimate solution.

Takes the fun away from the game, but if you need coins fast. this will definitely do :)

Years
  • I loved it. I got to Goldenrod in my first play through of SS and I was playing Voltorb flip for days on end. I had almost 9000 coins after buying everything I could!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hated Voltorb Flip, just because I could never get it or win anything. I thought it was a waste of my time and after I tried a couple times I never went back there again!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Even though they did away with the Gaming Corner, I was pretty happy with the Voltorb Flip. Once you get going it's actually quite fun, but dangerously addictive!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've tried Voltorb Flip a couple of times. The first one was out of curiosity, the second time was because it confused me and I tried to figure it out, the third time I was determined to at least win once, the fourth time I tried out a strategy of random spamming and the last time, I gave up and left. I had a ton of fun with Voltorb Flip and being confused out of my mind but it's awesome knowing that some people actually got what to do XD

Years
  • I find Voltorb Flip to be extremely fun. It's actually an easy game if you think about it. I personally like marking the places that I know are Voltorbs, and then I don't even bother touching the cards I know are 1s, and after all that is done, it's really simple to find the cards that will get you points.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • It was quite fun actually, despite how frustrating it was to do. I think I've spent a good few hours collectively trying to win a big haul of cash; unfortunately to no success. :(

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I find Voltorb Flip to be extremely fun. It's actually an easy game if you think about it. I personally like marking the places that I know are Voltorbs, and then I don't even bother touching the cards I know are 1s, and after all that is done, it's really simple to find the cards that will get you points.

Yeah, but once you get to about round 4 or higher it's luck from there on, the higher rounds are what get you the points. If you can't get past 4 then you're going to be there for an awful long time which is why I hate the game. The highest I've ever gotten to was I think 7 and the first card I flipped was a Voltorb. For every time I made it to that high of a round the same thing happened, the games beyond rigged.
    Round 4 -5 it's 10% skill, 40% luck, and 60% bs rig and anything higher the skill is damn near 0% with your luck being 100%.

Hate Voltorb Flip. They made it damn near impossible to get Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower unless you play the minesweeper for 2 weeks straight without stopping. Only in America will parents complain about features in a Pokemon game ruining it for everyone else. Yeah, I've never had the patience to get the TM's, I traded instead. For those that purchased the AR to get the TM's, I don't blame you lol.
    If someone wants me to play this game then they better hope I have on o on deck cause I'm gonna need it to calm me down.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I played the Japanese version of SoulSilver way before getting the US release of HeartGold. The slots are just... the slots. They are fun though, and the incredibly cheesy music adds to that excitement.

I shunned Voltorb Flip at first because I kept losing and I was like, "F**K this man!"
    I was hoping Celadon would retain the slots, but NO. Still that table! WHAT. REALLY.

After defeating Red so many times, I decided to try my luck at the game again. It turns out that this game is actually 60% luck 40% strategy (though the same music doesn't help here). Played a few more rounds, and it wasn't so bad after all.

Stuck at Level 2 though. Wait wh-what there's a calculator really....

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I thought Voltorb Flip was really fun, although it was kind of a weird concept. Some dude just chillin in a room by himself, and he sees some kid walk by, screeching "PLAAAAAY MY GAAAAAAAAME".

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    I looooove Voltorb Flip, it's so addicting and fun. Tho losing after playing for forever is not fun. But anyway, it's very entertaining mini game for me. I always hated the slots in Pokemon games because... To be honest, I suck at slots, in real life and in video games.

I've never won anything from the slots in Pokemon games, I think I've been cursed or something... :v I'd rather play the spin-off Pokemon Pinball (which I gladly own) than the freaking slots. And I hate pinball too haha.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I really liked Voltorb Flip. I managed to get to the top level, level 8, and complete that. Oh boy do you get a LOT of coins when you complete that. It doesn't quite beat the 4th gen slots, though.

Back