• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gonna Start Fresh?

Johto Contender

In my heart, and in my soul...
Years
  • Are you the type of person that will not trade in any Pokemon from other games until way later on in the game?

That's what I plan to do in HG/SS. I want to start fresh and level up all of my Pokemon, I don't want to end up trading in my level 100 Torterra to help me beat up everybody. XD I will only trade the event Pokemon right away, but the rest will come probably close to when I'm done with the main game.

Exact same. Except I might even wait on the events! I want to enjoy the game before I dominate it! XD

Syrp

...And here comes the mystery.
    Years
  • I'm gonna start fresh, but only for like, a bit.

I'm just going to trade over my Mew from Platinum that no one believes isn't hacked.

And then, all of my other pokemon companions can travel to the distant continent of GameStop.

Kiri Berry

Berry Master
    Years
  • I usually don't trade any Pokemon from other games until I've beatin' the main game. It just doesn't seem fair in a way to me. Besides my favorite Pokemon from other games wouldn't have listened to me in the new game anyway...so why not start fresh?

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm planning on buying both versions of the game so I'll probably play legit on one and import a level 1 dreamteam party on the second.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Im going to breed pokemon like dratini, onix and scyther and trade them over

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • Like I did for Platinum, I'm going to plan my team around now by breeding the Pokémon I want. I think I'll have two Pokémon from Gen. 1, two from Gen. 2, and then 1 from Gen. 3, and 1 from Gen. 4. :P

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • Talking of starting fresh, once i've successfully defeated Red and have the choice of a Kanto and Hoenn starter, I plan on boxing my Hall of Fame team that will have helped me collect 16 badges and defeat the Elite 4. From then, i'm going to start from Pallet Town with my choice of Kanto starter (probably Charmander) and build a new team. My goal will be to defeat all 16 Gym Leaders again with the new team in the Fighting Dojo, enter them into the Hall of Fame, and defeat Red as I did with my first team. :)

If i'm patient, i'll consider building a third team with the Hoenn starter, but that's unlikely. :p

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Yup.

Are you the type of person that will not trade in any Pokemon from other games until way later on in the game?

That's what I plan to do in HG/SS. I want to start fresh and level up all of my Pokemon, I don't want to end up trading in my level 100 Torterra to help me beat up everybody. XD I will only trade the event Pokemon right away, but the rest will come probably close to when I'm done with the main game.
    That's what I do every game, I always have what I call, "The get through the game team." I make sure they have good natures, ok IV, and I EV train a bit, after I beat the game I make my crazy team and battle my friends. *Yes I Have Friends*

-Okami

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • Of course! And I'm using the same team as I did on Gold--
    Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Granbull, Espeon, Gengar, Suicune, Red Gyrados, Kingler, Dodrio, Marowak, Clefable, Jumpluff, Fearow..? No, Noctowl!

I CAN'T DECIDE!!! TT_TT I've played through my pokemon G/C that I can't decide what team to use....

I like ALL of them... Dx

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I've already selected the four Pokemon I'm going to use, they are...

Typhlosion
    Bellossom
    Espeon
    Octillery

So, no... I'm not going to trade over any Pokemon until after I've beaten the game. :D

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Hahahahahahaha...
    No.

I'm doing a variation of that. I'm breeding a team of competitive Pokémon at Lv. 1 and sending them over to HG when I get it. That way, I can technically start fresh while not starting fresh. I love loopholes like that :D
    Yeah! Loopholes are the way for me.....because I will trade over some eggs, then hatch 'em, then train them........

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Heck yeah, I find it out of touch for me to trade so early into the game. I only did that once in my emerald version, I had 2 of the starters on my team. But no I plan to start off fresh, my chikorita and pidgey. And probably a magikarp as well lol

Back