• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goodbye ____ Pokemon forever!

Ayselipera

If you had to permanently discontinue one Pokemon type out of the whole Pokemon franchise which one would it be and why?

Here is a reminder of all the types of Pokemon.
    - Bug
    - Dark
    - Dragon
    - Electric
    - Fighting
    - Fire
    - Flying
    - Ghost
    - Grass
    - Ground
    - Ice
    - Normal
    - Poison
    - Psychic
    - Rock
    - Steel
    - Water

If I had to I would discontinue any new water types. I feel like there are enough water pokemon to keep me satisfied for the rest of my years.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Water. Eliminate all the tentacools.

Finnel

Years
  • I dunno. Either Ground or Rock, I guess. Just feels kind of silly having both of those, despite the in-game differences.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Hmm...Ground- and Bug-types are absolutely useless imo.
    What's the difference between Rock and Ground? Why is Bug effective on Psychic? Who knows :3

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Bug. Almost every bug is pathetically weak, and every good bug type would be better without bug as a type.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Psychic.

I'm not a fan of pursuit bait, and Cressila is annoying.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    No more Water types. Please no more. We can only have so many freaking fish and seals and squids and... no more!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Porygon2 was hit by Dragon Claw!

Porygon2 used Conversion 2!

I ERROR

AN DBH WI??I(?!)(11111111ASQPOKéPPPPFTTTGGG
    !!!HROCKEFHSNAS Wha doMALSDWAHGS RUNFJSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, thanks for breaking the game guys.

Anyways, I'd cut bug out. Why? Because of a little known red insect called Scizor. Sciz used to be among my favorites before he became super annoying and started murdering everyone with Bullet Punch+Pursuit. That, and all the other Bug types (barring Herracross, and maybe Scizor's "pre evolution" Scyther ) just fail, with some of the three stage evos having less base stats then Porygon (which is a stage 1 pokémon in a three stage line, though there's constant debate whether Porygon-Z is closer to an actual counterpart to Porygon2 rather then an evolution in a traditional sense .)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • thats a tough one. It would either be between rock and ice. Probably because they tick me off with that stupid ancient power, rockslide, ice beam, and ice shard.

Back