• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gorillaz releasing a free album

Gunn

horror resident
Years
  • ...on Christmas Day.

But wait! It gets more interesting.

It was produced all on an iPad.

Discuss, flip out, go to the bathroom, do whatever.

edit: feijowa;fjwqafa[ OF COURSE. A link would be helpful.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • So you can download this off iTunes, right? I'll definitely be getting this, if that's the case. This is really, really cool.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It was produced all on an iPad.

So?

Yeah, I'm gonna make for that bathroom now.
    But, honest question, bearing in mind my lack of familiarity with any Apple products, what's the significance of it being done on an iPad?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

So?

Yeah, I'm gonna make for that bathroom now.
    But, honest question, bearing in mind my lack of familiarity with any Apple products, what's the significance of it being done on an iPad?

I believe the big deal is that one of the main criticisms of the iPad was that most critics thought it couldn't be used to get any productive work done. This is supposed to be proof that you can get work done on it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Gorillaz are one of my fave bands! Can't wait for their album to come out. I'm also pretty intrigued that they did all of their work on an iPad. That's amazing!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

There's usually quite a lot of professional equipment involved in album production. It's kind of like a statement saying that it's possible to create an album only using the equipment that an average person can buy at the store in this day and age.

I'm going to have to see what the album is actually like before I pass any judgement on it though.
    I have heard rumours that it will be (at least partially) a live album, which I'm hoping for. I saw Gorillaz live recently, and Plastic Beach live is so much better than the studio version.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'mq assuming the album is gonna be on their website? Lol, the article didnt say where to look for it! XD Oh well, I'll figure it out. They are amazing. Been a fan since Demon Days but I own everything before and after.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wonder if it is the supposed "P-Sides"...

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I don't listen to Gorillaz much, but since this album's free I'll probs give it a listen.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I read the article. This was my initial reply, as well, but only because my first thought was that it was going to sound mediocre. I guess I'll have to wait until I can listen to the album before I make judgmental assumptions on it. If it's anything on par with what I'm hoping it'd sound like, then it will truly be remarkable.

Ayselipera

I'm very excited for it even though I wasn't thrilled with their last album, Plastic Beach. I did hear some sneak peak of a song, but I'm not sure if it was for the album or just something random they did. Either way I didn't care for it at all and I pray it's not the direction they're going in.

I guess I should be somewhat impressed that it's all been done on an iPad, but I just figure technology is changing and just about anything is possible. If it sounds great on it then great, but that won't change my opinion on it very much.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If it is mediocre, who gives a? It's free lol. And You had to understand Plastic Beach to appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    And You had to understand Plastic Beach to appreciate it.
    Understand it...? It really wasn't that deep.
    I enjoyed the album quite a bit, but I don't think it's as good as the previous two Gorillaz albums. Albarn went far too commercial, too many guests, and too many mediocre songs. There were quite a few decent tracks on there (Stylo, Empire Ants, On Melancholy Hill) but as an album it was all over the place and wasn't that strong at all.

Years
    • Seen today
    Track listing and album title announced.

The Fall

01. Revolving Doors
    02. HillBilly Man
    03. Detroit
    04. Shy-town
    05. Little Pink Plastic Bags
    06. The Joplin Spider
    07. The Parish of Space Dust
    08. The Snake In Dallas
    09. Amarillo
    10. The Speak It Mountains
    11. Aspen Forest
    12. Bobby In Phoenix
    13. California And The Slipping Of The Sun
    14. Seattle Yodel

Curious to see how the quality is seeing as in all 14 tracks were recorded on the iPad.

Back