• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • @мızυκı: You take request? xDDDDD
    I like the colour scheme, the moisac style really suits the image, I'll say it's perfect! :3

@girifarig: You banner very well needed some more style, and a border...that would look good too.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Girafarig;; Mmm, yes the splatter. xD I should've gotten rid of that bit on his shirt... oh well. :/ I might get rid of it if Hazuki doesn't like it. No, I didn't use a mask. I just used the smudge tool. *shrugggg*

I can't say I like the background. xD; It's not very 'pokemon-ish' to me, it just doesn't exude that feeling. The POKEMON logo is cool, but it overpowers the renders a lot, so it'd probably be a good idea to make it smaller. The dialga and palkia are 3D, while Pearl and Diamond aren't..... but oh well. The placement is arranged nicely, but if this is a banner, then I can't say I like the dimensions very much. xD; Looks more like a picture to me. Pearl and Diamond are also somewhat small, that bugs me a tad too.

Ryouki;
    ; Well... yeah I do. xD; Over PM, and I just leave those PM's in my box, and when I feel like it, I'll do them. And I'm Hazuki's helper in her shop as of today. ^^;;

I'm probably going to set up a PM request shop if I'm not swamped with everything else I've got going on...

I'm glad you like the mosaic, I had some serious doubts about it. xD; I haven't used Mosaic in a long time, and when I did use it, it always looked incredibly ugly. xDD The color scheme was all Hazuki, since I was originally starting with an orange and black color scheme and looked at her request form and was like, "...Red, white, and black?! ONOZ!!"

So yeah. xD;

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
  • Girafarig;; Mmm, yes the splatter. xD I should've gotten rid of that bit on his shirt... oh well. :/ I might get rid of it if Hazuki doesn't like it. No, I didn't use a mask. I just used the smudge tool. *shrugggg*

I can't say I like the background. xD; It's not very 'pokemon-ish' to me, it just doesn't exude that feeling. The POKEMON logo is cool, but it overpowers the renders a lot, so it'd probably be a good idea to make it smaller. The dialga and palkia are 3D, while Pearl and Diamond aren't..... but oh well. The placement is arranged nicely, but if this is a banner, then I can't say I like the dimensions very much. xD; Looks more like a picture to me. Pearl and Diamond are also somewhat small, that bugs me a tad too.

Ryouki;; Well... yeah I do. xD; Over PM, and I just leave those PM's in my box, and when I feel like it, I'll do them. And I'm Hazuki's helper in her shop as of today. ^^;;

I'm probably going to set up a PM request shop if I'm not swamped with everything else I've got going on...

I'm glad you like the mosaic, I had some serious doubts about it. xD; I haven't used Mosaic in a long time, and when I did use it, it always looked incredibly ugly. xDD The color scheme was all Hazuki, since I was originally starting with an orange and black color scheme and looked at her request form and was like, "...Red, white, and black?! ONOZ!!"

So yeah. xD;

I am going to be the first to ask you over PM so please Pm me when you are ready?

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Lawls, Shira's in a rating mood today~

I'm starting with...

Shika-kun --

Luigi banner: The colours are pretty and match the render. The sumdged effect (sort of) on the background looks cool, and almost adds a sense of motion. Although I think you could have gone with the flow of the render, instead of making the colours seem to just spread out from the render.

I think that the image looks like it's just been pasted on the background :x You should blend the image in, not too much so that it looks like it's a part of the background, but just enough so it doesn't look like it's been put on there without adding anything. The same goes for the text. Actually, I think the colours of the text stand out too much from the background. And it's too big. But I just plainly have a problem with large text, soo... Yesh.

Ryouki --

Train banner 1: Lawls, Train's skin and gun are glowing like, er, glow-in-the-dark stickers in that image o.o But other than that, I guess it's a good banner. The repeat image's brightness takes focus away from the main image. Maybe reduce the opacity of the reflection/repeat image/whatever? The text stands out too much, too. And I think the quotation marks are not really needed xP And... OMG, you're not using 400x120!! -shot'd- Sooo, yesh, it's a fairly good banner ^^ However...

Battle ready banner: ... Wow. This one looks really good. The mosaic effect in the background with the repeat image works amazingly well. And it doesn't look like an image slapped onto a background o.o It even looks like it has some sort of depth in it (or it's just me, and my eyes are trying to fool me) Although it's a bit dark in the bottom left corner, and the text doesn't really look like it belongs there. But I must say that that is a great banner, Ry, and it's definitely not crappy D:

Train banner 2: Great render, Ry~! It's definitely better than the first one xD But other than that... There's nothing much to say about it. It's fairly similar to the first Train banner. Although, I like the fact that the background isn't as dark, so Train doesn't look like lamp xD But, again, the repeat image stands out too much. The text positioning is much better, although the font size is a bit big. Or it's just me (and my little problem with large text)

Mizuki --

The one for Musashi-kun:
    (lul, I forgot what that anime is called o.o)

... I want your banner making skills, and fuse it with my dying banner making skills -shot'd-

But, really, I think it looks great. Although, as you have said, the left side does look empty. Try smudging a duplicate of the render (under an untouched one) with a pastel-type brush, and play with the settings, and smudge it to the left or something. Of course, I could just be saying the first thing that comes to mind, and it could end up looking horrible, but whatever. Or you could have smudged a duplicate the C4D o.o

Aaanyway, I'm really liking the light source. It actually blends with the rest of the banner; it doesn't look like it's been put there for the sake of having a light source ;D The image is nicely positioned as well (I think it looks best to the right o.o). I can't tell what's on the background on the right side of the banner, though... (smudged render with a square brush?) It looks a bit strange. So, I think the whole banner looks pretty cool. And it's fine without any text ^^

Ichigo banner: Ah, yes, the mosaic style... Personally, I don't think it works too well on this one o.o It stands out more than the render does D: But other than that, I think it's a good banner. The spatters look okay (besides the smaller-ish ones on his shirt) and the C4D in the background looks good as well. The text on the top right corner looks really great, however, the text on the bottom left looks... Erm, strange o.o The stroke 'glows' a bit too much. And it looks a tiny bit pixelated.

-insert 5 second pause here-

Oh! I just realised that there's sparkles/starry stuff in the background o.o Erm, yeah... It looks cool o.o

I am sooooo tempted to request from you right now D:

girafarig --

Pokemon banner: It's... Bright pink o.o The background isn't exactly the most appealing thing ever. The renders are very small compared to the Pokemon logo, so it takes away most of the focus. And since the renders have different art styles, I don't think it goes together very well. And I can see blue inside the hole in the 'e' -shot'd- The placement is very well done, though.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I am going to be the first to ask you over PM so please Pm me when you are ready?

Ah. ^^;; I'm sorry I sparked this up, but, please, if you're going to inform me in advance that I'm going to get a request from you, please don't do it in an off-topic Spamming post. xD;

Edit-Update;; K, thinking about the requests in the old shop, I've decided that I'll only accept requests from people I know or like. :< Sorryyy~ But if you stalk my posts and can somehow deduct that I'm in a good mood or have a lot of free time with your incredible ESP/foresight, PM me and we'll see whether I'll do it for you or not. beware, the rules for this PM shop are 10x stricter then my thread shops. DON'T PM ME UNLESS YOU'VE GOT A PRE-RENDERED IMAGE! mmkay? <3

Shira-chan;;

Gahh, the splatter. =A= I might've over-sharpened the mosaic... Yeah I probably did, because I added one more then was called for. xD;; and I don't like the text at the bottom either. :B I really need to look at the request form BEFORE I start. *wasn't aware that I had to put text on until I was half-done. xD*

Sparkly stuff. xD;; Yeah, I think I might've over-done it just a bit... *fish'd*

Yeah, I think I could've added another effect c4d on the left side. That probably would've worked just fine, would've have stuck out too much or anything.

There, I've fixed the Ichigo banner up a bit, since I still had the .psd file~

derk-4.png

What'cha think? All I did was get rid of the splatter on his shirt and lower the opacity of the right mosaic to 55%, since I realized that the mosaic on the left was at 55% but the one on the right was at 100%. <_<;; Oh yeah, and I changed the text effect to a smoother glow, but I'm not sure I like it. xD; I have an idea I might try with a later banner like this one, but at the current moment, I'm too lazy to go through the process of uploading and stuff. (My computer is lagging like no other. Dx)

you can only request from me if I can request from you, Shira-chan!
    xDD Just kidding~

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • @Mizuki: Better though I do like the other glow around the text in the bottom left corner

Lawls, Shira's in a rating mood today~
    girafarig --

Pokemon banner: It's... Bright pink o.o The background isn't exactly the most appealing thing ever. The renders are very small compared to the Pokemon logo, so it takes away most of the focus. And since the renders have different art styles, I don't think it goes together very well. And I can see blue inside the hole in the 'e' -shot'd- The placement is very well done, though.

I've taken your advice in my new creation by adding clipping masks and diff colors, though I admit I forgot to add a drop shadow, which I think now would've made it better. as for the blue in the e that wasa supposed to be there its the extension of the background as it changed from the pearl color to the diamond color. anyway lemme know what you think of this new pic.

Sonic-Escape.gif

Marauding Master

Interdimensional.
    Years
  • Sorry. No rates this time. Too tired. 4:34 am etc.

So I just followed Mizuki's tutorial and made my version of it. (Did it before but I forgot to save ;-;)

mmsig14if5.jpg

EDIT: Made another one.

mmsig15zi2.jpg

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Mizuki -- Yay, it looks better~ Except the text. The text sort of got worse xD;; It just looks too bright compared to the rest of the banner, now. Although it's sort of better when it's smoother like that. And I still think that the mosaic stuff is too strong, but meh, I'm just too picky... Ehem O_o So, err... Yep.

Gerri Shin -- Wait, the Pokemon banner you did was animated, right? Cause when I looked at it before, it wasn't moving, so... O_o About that Sonic one, the border on your new one is really pixelated, and it just looks like it was made in Paint D: And I'm not really into animations in banners (possibly because I can't do them, lul), so I think that the animation here is sort of distracting. And the fact that it changes every now and then doesn't really help (like, it slows down and stuff). Although, the generally fluid animation is okay-ish, I guess. Besides the fact that it stops at the end for a while, then loops back to the beginning...

The image is good, ish, but doesn't match the spin-y thing, or rather, the spin-y thing doesn't match the image. Maybe it would be better if the spinning stuff was blue, or if the image was of Super Sonic instead... Oh, and Sonic's hand and foot are cut off at the bottom of the banner -shot'd for picky-ness- Also, I can still see some white around Sonic :x

Marauding Master -- The Infernape one looks nice... Although I have to say that it looks really empty down the sides D: And the smudging (I think it's smudging) just around the render looks like it abruptly ends in a circle-like formation O_o I think it'd look cooler if it fades out a bit more when going away from the render. Other than that, it looks really nice. And I love the text placement, for some reason.

As for the other one, I can't say that it's better than the other one xP It looks messier by comparison, and a lot emptier as well. The focal point isn't really clearly defined on this one (the orb-like thing to the right takes some of the focus away from the render). Although I like the effects on the text, like how the darkness bit fades into the darkness.

Gah, I really need to stop being so lazy and make a banner D:

EDIT: I finally decided to make something xD

roxasbanner4.png

Although I was just smudging random things and messing about, I actually like this outcome. I decided to keep this one blue instead of purple like the last two Roxas banners I made, just because blue looks pretty O_o It looks like it's missing something, though. I just don't know what... So, erm, comments or whatever, please :3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shiranui: I would say something about your banner, but I don't think I have very good taste when it comes to things like that. I'm not too up on graphic arts...

I know it's in my sig right now, but in case I change it later, ppl can know what I am referring to:

banner-1.gif

I drew the skitty and the cupcake myself messing around using curved lines and circles, and of course the paintbrush. I was using paint.net, not photoshop or anything fancy like that, I'm cheap and wary of pirating programs.

This was my old banner:

augustanekochan.jpg

I hand drew the picture and scanned it in, and then colored it in actual Photoshop that is on my boyfriends computer. Comparing the two, I definitely don't like it very much at all. But hey, it was my first time doing something like that! (plus I don't usually draw Pokemon... I really don't like my Skitty, but the person is okay)

Again, I'm not too up on the graphic art thing, I'm used to drawing things by hand. <_<

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Oh, it's okay then... I'll just comment on your banners ^^ Although, I don't know the capabilities of paint.net, so, erm, yeah.

The Skitty looks soooooo cute~ x3 And slightly creepy at the same time, but nevertheless, it's cute. The cupcake is cute too. And I think the style of colouring really helped on that.

As for the banner itself, I think it looks good-ish. The background colours are nice, and match the whole theme. And the alternating lines of brown and pink looks like the layers on a cake, which is really nice and creative. The repeat image of Skitty in the background looks strange, and removes some of the cartoon-y, doodle-like aspects of the banner. The text is okay, but maybe a handwriting-like font would have been better? I don't know. But it is good ^^

Hmm... I actually like the first banner more, as well xP The outer glow on the image looks odd-ish (lul, Oddish -shot'd). I mean, it would have looked better in green, or pink, to match the background. And, erm... Well, I think the text is a bit big O_o The background is simple, but I guess it looks okay like that...

I like the drawing, though xP

-----

Aaaaaaand I made some changes on my banner:

roxasbanner4-1.png

I can't believe that adding stars to a banner makes it look so much better xD So, erm, I just shifted everything more to the center of the banner, and added starry stuff. Comments, I guess.

EDIT: Gah, I can't stop playing with that banner now D:

roxasbanner4-v2.png

Played around with Liquify~

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Skitty looks soooooo cute~ x3 And slightly creepy at the same time, but nevertheless, it's cute.

GREAT that was exactly the effect I was going for. Creepy AND cute. ^.^ She's supposed to be hopped up on Carbos (speed, lolz), and sugar. I'll give it another go without the repeat image, and a different font.

I'm surprised that you like my first banner... I liked it at the time, but am definitely more pleased with my second. I am pretty pleased with the drawing though, but the Skitty still bothers me. -_-

As far as your banner goes, I really like seeing the evolution of it. The stars really do add a lot, and the liquify effect makes it seem like galactic dust or a nebula (or something like that...). A very cool effect. Before you added that, it sorta of seemed like he was in a fog, a cool enough effect, but the stars just really add a lot to it. I don't know what else to say really, because I'm not sure what sort of effect you're looking for.....

EDIT:

Shiranui: I took your comments into consideration, and I changed the banner accordingly. This is what I came up with:
    carboskittyban.gif

I definitely think your suggestions made a difference. I ended up changing the background slightly, because I forgot to save my original file with layers and all that... -_- I kinda prefer how the brown looks on the old banner. But not a biggy. Thanks for your suggestions! I like this version even more!

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Late ratings, but better late then never~

Marauding Master;; Well, first, it's not my tutorial. xD It's Adrenaline's. <3

And second of all, I really don't see where you used the tutorial at all in the first banner. xDD I really think it would've been nice if you'd darkened the text to match the outer darkening spots of the banner.

I love the lighting effect on the border though, that's REALLY cool. ;3

The second one, let's see... I see the selection stroke. xD And it stands out wayyy too much. The orb should've been darkened somewhat like the text too, though it does look burned, it doesn't really work out. xD It's hard to see the render a bit with the lighting, which is actually pretty over-powering. The blending is great, but a bit too sharpened.

Shiranui;; Yeah, I didn't like the text either. xD But oh well. xD

I'm going to rate your most recent variation.

Oh my gawd. The liquify is AMAZING. The starry stuff REALLY makes it look a lot better, and it's just amazingggg! I like the color scheme as blue, and I love that text. O_O The text is just oh-my-god-BANG-so-hawt. But, it's a bit too bright around his chin and stuff, cause it looks like he doesn't have a neck. o_o; *Fish'd*

I know, crappy, short comments, but. ;A; *tired*

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Now, I'm here!
    Shira-chan game me a tutorial -yay for having a private tutorial- and it didn't turn out well, so I make a banner which from supposedly the banner of Shira-chna o.o;;
    It needs boreders, I know DD:

franticbanner.png

Another one, I made it today. I think I'm inlove with it, xDDDD

ginbankaleidoscope.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys, I just wanna run buy something I made this evening. It's my first time doing several layers and different paintbrushes and all that. I know it's simple compared to what most of you guys make, but it's more complex than anything I've made so far. So tell me what you think...

I got the Skitty pic from a pokemon card in case you guys were wondering...

skittyjumpbanner.png

I used photoshop elements this time. I bought a graphics tablet yesterday and it came with it. ^_^

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Rating time~

AgustaNekochan: The Banner is great, I think it certainly beats mine. <3

The Blending blends in the backround and that brush...? It certainly adds to the design, you know the two brushes...?

The Light Focus behind the Skitty, I dunno. It really blends the Skitty, I didn't know that Yellow and Pink Suits, xD

The Text is a bit off...? The text I think doesn't blend, I think you can get the font much lighter than that, though your banner certainly beats mine <3

Years
  • Ryouki, I like your banners quite a bit. They're better than some of the things I first created. You can look a few posts up, I have my first banner posted there. I really like the green one, but the text is a little hard to see. The one you say you <3 the most, is the one I <3 the most too!

Anyways, I was playing around with some new brushes that I downloaded, and this is something I came up with.

playbanner.png

I'm not so sure the skitty fit the banner...
    And I have no idea what font I would use, or even what to put on the banner...

Feedback/opinions?

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Shika got the latest work of him! [/third person]

I used the same tutorial I used for my Mario one(Last page) but I find the outcome nice in halfway so I stopped and did some final touches to it.

Result:
    f_Shanam_f1c0929.png

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • @AgustaNekochan: Thanks for the compliment, but the banner you just posted...I don't like for some reason. :(

The Image isn't blended well, It seems that the backround is more focues than the two Skitty. :/

Also, I didn't notice the text 'AN2007'? I think you should put a tect in kinda ligh-pink-ish colour.

Lastly, I think you should shorten the width of that banner to fit the image.

Other than that, You should make a light focus on the Skitties, especially in the second one and the banner will be more greater than mine, xD

Years
  • Yeah, the background is WAY more focused than the skitties. The quality of the picture of the skitties was pretty bad, so I decided the blur tool might help, cause I was going for a nice, smooth look. I guess not.

that text is just there in case anyone actually wanted to take it (but I suppose it would be pretty easy to edit out...) and claim it belonged to them. That definitely isn't the text that I wanted for banner. In fact, I need some tips on that.

Coolz beanz. Thankz for the tips!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back