• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • Ok, I've been practicing. A lot. I made a couple banners for practice(like 40 maybe), and decided on one that I really really kinda liked. I'm not the BEST at rendering yet, so her pig tail is kinda ew, but I'm working non-stop on that to get better. Well, here it is. The color quality sucks, but I didn't wanna change it too much.

Chikara1.png

It's Yukari Hirai from Shakugan no Shana. She's so pretty x.x

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Hokay, I have a new sig to be rated....

DJSIG.jpg

I would greatly apreciate feedback.

Its good in a simplistic way. I like it, it has a certain calmness about it that sets it apart from a majority of the sig pics around this site. I liked the clipping mask on the left that was a nice touch, perhaps a little more opacity could be okay. liking the butterflys in the other color mode (hard mix or color burn i think)I also really think the font is just right for this picture,not to fancy not too plain, and the yellow color just adds to the warmth and calmess. I'll give it a 9.5/10 great job!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Banner rating mode, activate!

-shot'd-

Actually, it should be called 'banner commenting mode', but whatever.

I'll start off with Shika's Shakugan no Shana banner from the previous page (cause I said I'd rate it).

Shika --

[Shakugan] Hehe, I still can't believe that you used the Mario tutorial to make that. Anyway, I like how the C4D to the left looks like fire, so it matches the render. Although, it looks a bit strange when you compare it to the actual fire on the render, and maybe it need to be toned down just a tiiiny bit, since it looks a bit too strong right now. Regardless, I think it's a very nice effect. The background looks a bit odd, though. Maybe purple simply doesn't look good or something, but it definitely looks off for me. Also, the render doesn't really blend together with the background, and it slightly looks like it's just been pasted on (maybe that's why I think the background looks strange?). The text also looks like it's been put there for the sake of having text. Remember, sometimes textless banners are good, too ^^ Oh, and I think that the border does not really match the rest of the banner; a simple, 2-3 pixel black border would suffice. And, er, the colours are nice and firey (ignoring the background for now), although a more definite/obvious light source would have looked good.

Zet Netroc --

[Prince of Persia] It doesn't look too bad... The grungy sort of look definitely suits the render. So does the background, with the brown colour and the white-ish stripe things, which look like blades coming out of the bottom of the banner. However, the render itself looks really rough around the edges, especially around the hair. And those white dots don't look too appealing, but I guess it stops the render from looking like it's a part of the background. The fog effects look cool, too, and add to the whole 'mysterious' feeling of the banner.

[Cloud Strife] Somewhat better than your previous banner, eheh. But, as you have said, the text sort of killed it; you put a bit too much effects on it. The font itself is okay. The fractal on top of everything seems to be a bit too strong, and it makes it harder to appreciate the render, the silver-gray background and harder to read the text. And, erm, a border would be nice, as well. I think you should put more focus on the render (Cloud), and lower down the opacity of the orange-y fractal.

Chikara --

[Yukari Hirai] A very simple banner. But it is nice to look at. The background blends nicely with the render, and the colours are good. Although focusing all the brushing on the right side made the left side slightly empty-looking. The font used for the text is nice, and matches the theme. Also, I think a simple border would look nice. Other than that, it's a nice, simple banner ^^ Oh, and I think the rendering looks fine. There's no obvious hiccups that I can see.

El Capitano --

[Naruto] The colours of the second one matches Naruto more, but for some reason, I think that the first one looks more appealing. Anyway, they're both cool banners, but as Zet Netroc said, the font needs to be fixed for the second one. The lighting looks a bit too bright, and looks like a giant floating orb in front of Naruto's face O_o And there's something on his chin which makes it look like he has a beard... Anyway, the clipping mask spatters are okay, but the ones to the left of the banner stands out too much. The spatters to the right look fine, though. They're spaced out just enough so that the right side of the banner doesn't look too empty from the black.

[That other one O____o;;] Hooray for simplicity~ But, yeah, this is a nice banner as well. The light source looks much more natural, and the little butterfly clipping masks look really nice , but maybe tone down the opacity just a bit, so they don't stand out as much, or maybe blur them. The line clipping masks to the right is okay, I guess, but it makes that area look a bit too cluttered. The text takes away focus from the person's glasses (which is where the focus is, I think), so maybe that should be blurred as well. The warm, yellow colours are nice, not too bright, and not too dull so I don't have complaints about that. And, erm, yeah. It's a very lovely, yet simple banner.

==========

So, erm, I recently got into Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and I decided to make this:
    itoshikinozomu-1.png

Comments, please~

I think I'm addicted to the space-y look D:

lul, Shira is randomly making banners for herself when she should be making one for someone else...

EDIT: Smudging is just too much fun.
    abstract2-1.png

I don't know whether it classifies as abstract or not, but I don't know what else to call it...

Soo... What do you guys think? :D

Last edited:

Utami

Heart Of Terror
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    @Shiranui
    Wow, that looks great. I would have made the contrast a little bit higher so the light can be intensified. Love the colors used. I agree, smudging is fun!

@Baka Tenshi
    Get rid of the dots in the second graphic because it looks sort of distracting. I like the harsher colors of the second one better than the soft ones from the first because I think it transfers the text much better.

Last edited:
    @ Shirauni: Thanks for the feedback on my sigs. Well anyways, your two sigs are great. The first one I feel like the thing (is that a c4d) on the left side of the lady is out of place..... but that tis just my noobish opinion.

@ Baka Tenshi: Unless you want it to just be a picture with text, I think you should do a little bit more then patterns to modify the pic. For example you could smudge a little or something like that. Well anyways, I like the second sig
    more because of the stronger colors, and orange tint. I also think that the dots fit the pic more. However I do like the text in the first on slightly more. I dont know why but the amount of text changes in your second is slightly annoying.

Great work keep it up.

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    @ Shira-chan: Thankies~ Even though it's negative... xD

And yeah... I got the newest theme.. Totally forgot to post it here xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------

f_Narutom_ef3bee5.png

Edit: Someone skipped me so I think that's because he thinks that only you can rate it D:

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well I started on this yesterday, and finished it earlier today. Honestly, it's my favorite out of anything I've done. Ok, here we go :'D

pv2.png

So many confusing layers went into that x.x
    It's a little more uhhhh... gothic than I wanted it to be, but it looked good in my opinion so I kept it like that :'D

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I like It Chikara³. It has simplicity to it. I also like the use of layers (though I'm not sure what your using {elements or CS+} so i can't tell if you just used the layers and cut out with Marquee.) either way it looks good. all i could say is maybe make the colors a little more bold on the character. since you used bold colors in the back ground. also on the left side of the character there seems to be light source for just the render and not for the back ground, you might try a Poly-Lasso triangle and a gradient to imitate that effect to make it look more like the light source is actually against the whole pic and not just the render.

I just wanted to see what ppl think of my iPod touch graphic (not photograph)
    iPodTouchtest2.jpg

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Gahhh, I hate falling behind in rating. D|

I'll only be doing the ones I can see on this page, unfortunately. Don't want to spend my entire night typing out comments. xD

El Capitano; Ohhh, I do like this banner of yours. 8O The clipping masks are excellent, though I'm not too sure about the butterfly on the sunglasses. It just looks like part of the sunglasses are missing or something. The lighting is cool, text placement is nice, and the color scheme is fabulous~ ;D

Shiranui; You always make banners that force me to be biased simply because of what's in it. xD But, huzzah! Another Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei fan! We can celebrate with Ausadriel~

Anyway... WOW THAT'S A PIXELLATED RENDER. |D It's a tad empty on the left, and since the render is kind of pixelly, it's sort of strange that the background is all smooth and stuff. xD;; The text is awesome, placement is hawt, and calligraphy rocks. So yeah.

Ohh, the second banner is awesome though. Even though it's empty on the right, you can't really tell since the focal point totally takes you eyes away from it. And the lighting is totally believable, the text is amazing, (I'm the one who be wanting the text skills xD) especially the fade effect from the lighting. The cloudy yet sharp look is great as well. Dimensions fit nicely, and it looks better without a border, interestingly enough.

Baka Tenshi;Well I like the text better on the second one. The contrast is a tad overboard on the second one as well, but it's much nicer then the grayish look of the first. The broken heart I'm not sure of. <_<;; While the dots all over it just hurt. Lowering the opacity of the dots entirely, or changing it to a color and screening the layer the dots are on would probably be better... But in the end I really don't like either. xD; If elements from each were combined, then it'd definitely look 100x better. ^^

Shika-kun; I like everything about this. The blending. The lines. The render. The colors. The burn look in the middle of the right.

The text and glow however... The font just doesn't seem to match, and the glow is actually pretty unesseccary. The c4d lookin' thing also takes a bit of the focus off of the render. Maybe if you'd put the render in the middle or something...?

Chikara; YEAH, THAT'S WHAT I CALL A MAJOR IMPROVEMENT!!

Or maybe I'm just biased because of the splatter. |D I love it. I love the black, the render, the streak of black and red spatter on white, and the other end in red. It's a great combination, and I think it's absolutely awesome.

The lighting is unbelievable though. xD;; And the render doesn't seem to blend into the banner very well. That's the next step! >:D Adding a border somehow would probably be good as well.

Gerri Shin; Before I comment, I have a question:

Is everything in that picture from scratch? Or is it just the fire in the middle?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Ok I admit the fire in the middle I got from a stock photography site, but everything else was made from scratch. I'f you want me to Replace the Fire with a creation of my own to make it completely from scratch I can do that easily. (hehe Smart Objects are Awesome)

Last edited:

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    Shika-kun; I like everything about this. The blending. The lines. The render. The colors. The burn look in the middle of the right.

The text and glow however... The font just doesn't seem to match, and the glow is actually pretty unesseccary. The c4d lookin' thing also takes a bit of the focus off of the render. Maybe if you'd put the render in the middle or something...?

Gah.. Luckily I found this. You forgot to bold it ;--;

But it's not supposed to be the burn D: I made it to look like the flash that kunai made...

As I thought, people don't like the text. I first wished to use the bold fat font type, but I can't find the font I like so I made a thin one like this. Yes-zor! The rating is over so I can say that my mother forced me to finish the work and do homework at the text part. xD For C4D part, the right side of the banner is too plain so... and naruto's hand and head is cut off so I can only put the render on the left D:

Thanks for comments~

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Could someone rate my new theme set?

WishmakerAvatar.png

Wishmakertheme.png

That's it!

Well, let's see what do you think... =]