• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread

I know the sig is saved as a JPEG, it's just the PNG had a to big file size.
    i felt like a change of sig anyway, do you preffer this sig / ava or my old one?

My Old One.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @BreD - well i didnt see your other them. well this one looks good anyway although a little blurry

please rate my current sig.

BreD

Where's ButteR?
    Years
    I have the opposite to say about your sig, well, i think the backgrounds in yours are to sharp, taking your eye away from the Render. The text looks like it was just placed on top of the sig rather quickly like you rushed it...
    A boarder would have been good.
    Other than that, it's nice ^^

I edited my old sig into my post.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @BreD - The flow in your L tag is all out of wack. You have the white swirls that go / while stuff in the background that goes \. The stock flows / so you should keep it that way.
    @Relyt - The wolf blends in a bit too much, IMO. I'd incorporate more yellows to even out that blue.
    @evilcheese - Eeeeeeeek. Turn down those scanlines and throw in some other colors besides orange and red. ;_;

Now for meee~

Graphic Rating Thread

Tis a birthday present for a friend on another forum, so don't anybody take it. >.>

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @color me evil - yeah i shouldve lowered the opacity on the lines. and the colors becuase of the gradient maps.

anywho yours is awsome. again it needs a border. and its kind of empty

ok since i always blend it too much is this better?

Graphic Rating Thread

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    WHAT IS THIS NOOBNESS WITH BORDERS
    THINGS LOOK BETTER WITHOUT BORDERS
    >:

There are no gradient maps in that tag. And what lines are you talking about? >: >: >:

@evilcheese - You're still having the same problem; your stocks match too much with your background. Use different colors than what's in the stock.

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    I'd like a nice rate on my signature from somebody, noting the fact that I chose not to have text, please.

GIMP, ftw.

EDIT: Erm, Cheese. 7.1/10

-Blue is not adding to the flow here.
    -The motion blur/overlay on teh sponge is a no-no.

Both of these are major contradictions here, so...

AND ADD A BORDER, plz. ;3
    Which means it doesnt have to be a 1px black border, CME. D<

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    CME; Depends. Some things look better without borders and some look better with. Just depends on how well the border itself was executed. In the case of your banner, I can see a border of some sort, so I don't know what everyone else is going on about. It's not a particularly obvious one, it's just a tad bit darker than the rest of the banner's background. It's a tad bit empty at the top, and you seem to prefer adding most of the brushing at the very bottom of the render. You could try somewhere else for a change of pace, like maybe behind his neck as well. (That would bring more focus up to the renders face, but not only that, but the text as well.) Speaking of text, that's very nicely placed text. You're really good at text. xD

The render and brightlights around it seem a tad over-sharpened for the blurry gray stuff on the left though. It's kind of like ow + blurry = wut. xDD Overall though, it's a great piece. ^^

I need to find a good nickname for you. :< Everyone else uses CME. xD Well, I'll think on it, I hope you don't mind my weird obsession with nicknames~

Some things look better without text too, by the way. xD

[Inside]; But that's not the case in this banner. Regardless, since you told me to ignore the fact that there's no text, I'll ignore it. Well, no border works well in this banner. But it's a tad bit empty, especially on the right. And it would've been better to get rid of the white on Gir's face and just have left the foreground to his lower half, since the focus is supposed to be on his face. *apparently.*

Ignoring the major things that I dislike, (emptiness) I rather like this banner. ^^ I also agree with what CME said about the background vs. the foreground.

evilcheese; Nice attempt. Though, I think you need a little hint that I use a lot myself. When it comes to drawings with huge thick lines, like Spongebob, you don't want a whole bunch of little details in the back. For a Spongebob banner, it'd probably be best to go for a vector-ish style, but that's just me. In the end, it's a good attempt, and at the very least, we've fleshed out the focus. This one looks kind of odd without a border, but I don't think it would look much better with a border either... Well. Whatever. In the end, I think what you need to pay attention to most is;

1. Text. It shouldn't look as though you've painfully tried to make it readable against a background that was originally impossible to read the text against.
    2. Backgrounds. Busy isn't always better. Sometimes you want to go simplistic, otherwise it's like jumping ship.

Relyt; Ouch. Stroke on text. Major ouch. D: If you add a stroke to text, you don't want the stroke to be like, twice the size of the font itself. That makes it look like the text is sandwiched in it's own effects, and that's never a good thing.

That said, I agree with whoever said that you need a focus/your wolf is too blended in. The scanlines in the back are a nice touch, but because of the difference in color, the... thing on the wolf takes more focus than anything else. (Also due to the fact that it's in the very middle of the banner.)

The border isn't very well executed either, but eh. It fits with the CSS.

BreD; Ahhh, the render is... rather... blah. It's not very good quality. Your background is smooth, but the render is choppy, and that's not good. xD;

Regardless, I prefer your old one over this one, because the old one was just... better. xD Graphics wise, flow, text, and colors were just better, in my opinion. Your renders all seem to be a bit over sharpened though. <_<;;

There, I think I rated one from everyone who posted on this page... If I missed someone on this page, do inform me~

----------

I took into account what you guys said about my Tsuna banner, so how's this look;

Graphic Rating Thread

All I did was 1. Erased most of the texture on his face, 2. Erased some of the scanlines on his face, 3. Erased some of the texture over the text, 4. Fixed the border to make it transist from dark brown to red.

Better than before? :D

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    I'm jealous. Much better.

9.7/10
    -PWN texture.
    -Text matches perfectly.
    -BG is simple and co-existent.
    -A minor problem is that I'm not a fan of renders covering up half of a banner. But in this case, it matches so well.
    -Another small fault is directly from my taste; that 'X' next to the text should have a lower opacity.

Do you use PS? If you use GIMP, you must tell me how you got those textures. >O

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Wow, Xeno! That looks amazingly better! I think the text looks better now and the erased texture looks nice, render is pretty big but still..9.5/10

can i get my current sig rated.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @xeno - i love it! the texture makes the fire look good. and the render its just awsome altogether.

@Rena - hmm on the side it looks pixelish and no text makes the banner look empty. since the render is skinny you might wanna resize it

now for mine:
    Graphic Rating Thread

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Rena: The picture is good, it has very good quality. But the background is a little plain (><) and it would look a lot better with a border.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    @Xeno - Looks much better. (:
    @Rena - Ick, fan art. >.< The effects you have going on behind her are nice, but there's really no depth.
    @mizt - Flow is going in every which way, the stock flows / so make it go that way. Use some yellows, too. >.>

Meee time~

Graphic Rating Thread

BH&R is an incredible album. :D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    @mizt - looks a little empty. either resize it or put something else. otherwise it looks good.

@CME - that is so awsome! i just love the effect on that one. i personaly have nothing against it. nice job!

i made this yesterday

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back