• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grass/Ground rowlet final evolution rumors: A possibility for a "prehistoric" starter ?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    So i have heard about these rumours saying that Rowlet might evolve into a Grass/Ground type, and i would like to know how much this theory does hold up.

All i could come up with the idea of a ground type raptor is, well, a dromaeosaur. I think a Troodontid would be the most logical type to pick due to their popularity and mostly nocturnal nature, similar to an owl. Here is my take on a potential design for a Grass/Ground final Rowlet evolution (i almost never draw pokemon so my design might be very bad, but i wanted to try making a "decent" example):
    Grass/Ground rowlet final evolution rumors: A possibility for a "prehistoric" starter ?

Years
  • I do like your supposed theory, but I think the one people seem to be more on-board with is the Ornimegalonyx which is said to be a prehistoric flightless owl species known for having strong legs, which seems to tie into the blurb's mentioning of Rowlet attacking with powerful kicks.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    I see, i did not know about this specie of owl, a very cool animal. And they, indeed, seem more suited for becoming Rowlet's final evolution as a Grass/Ground type.
    Still, a feathered maniraptor could have been a cool addition to the franchise and the popular media in general, who knows, maybe one of the fossils of this region will be a feathered theropod.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Your take on Rowlet's final evolution is very cool, but I just see Rowlet as being a native Hawaiian burrowing owl. But, we may have a prehistoric owl as one of the fossil pokemon

Years
  • Your take on Rowlet's final evolution is very cool, but I just see Rowlet as being a native Hawaiian burrowing owl. But, we may have a prehistoric owl as one of the fossil pokemon

Like how there's a supposed Chinese Zodiac pattern with the Fire starters, there is also a connection to prehistoric creatures theme with the Grass starters, and some of their origins are more interesting than you think.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Like how there's a supposed Chinese Zodiac pattern with the Fire starters, there is also a connection to prehistoric creatures theme with the Grass starters, and some of their origins are more interesting than you think.
    Oh well then that's actually pretty cool, well can't wait and see how they turn out :3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2016
    I'll be disappointed if Rowlet goes from a Grass/Flying to a Grass/Ground. Grass/Flying is just such an awesome type combo.

frecklet

cool girl
    Years
  • Yeah I agree that grass/ground isn't as good as grass/flying, but that being said I'd just love more dinosaur pokémon in general tbh they're so fab

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Like how there's a supposed Chinese Zodiac pattern with the Fire starters, there is also a connection to prehistoric creatures theme with the Grass starters, and some of their origins are more interesting than you think.

There's also a pattern on how the Water starters are based on weapons. Blastoise with cannons, Empoleon with tridents, and Greninja with shurikens, just to name a few. So I wonder which weapon Popplio will be using upon its final evolution.

Years
  • There's also a pattern on how the Water starters are based on weapons. Blastoise with cannons, Empoleon with tridents, and Greninja with shurikens, just to name a few. So I wonder which weapon Popplio will be using upon its final evolution.

I find that theme harder to pick up on compared to the Grass starters' prehistoric connection and the Fire starters' Chinese Zodiac pattern. But you know, it does make me think Popplio could have its bubbles become the supposed weapon.

Years
  • One thing I found that was pretty interesting is that when looking at the type images on the Japanese website, Solgaleo is listed before Lunala, but the image for Steel type comes after the image for Ghost type. So the Ground type might actually be for Litten rather than Rowlet. This is just speculation right now, but I hope that Rowlet stays a Grass/Flying type.

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • I do like your supposed theory, but I think the one people seem to be more on-board with is the Ornimegalonyx which is said to be a prehistoric flightless owl species known for having strong legs, which seems to tie into the blurb's mentioning of Rowlet attacking with powerful kicks.

I really like this idea after researching it.

It's like a huge, prehistoric owl-ostriche. I think this is what's going to happen based off a few things -Keeps with theme of having prehistoric Grass starters
    -Makes sense with the strong kicking legs
    -Would make the Grass/Ground typing actually understandable, as the actual prehistoric animal had small wings and could only fly in short bursts.

My only problem with all of this is that if this theory is correct, that means Litten never gains a second typing and Popplio will be Water/Fighting, which are both very disapointing imo. Litten needs to be Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison, Popplio needs to be Water/Fairy

deathpool

Hopeless Cole Stan
    Years
  • I see, i did not know about this specie of owl, a very cool animal. And they, indeed, seem more suited for becoming Rowlet's final evolution as a Grass/Ground type.
    Still, a feathered maniraptor could have been a cool addition to the franchise and the popular media in general, who knows, maybe one of the fossils of this region will be a feathered theropod.

Didn't we already have Archeops, which is close enough?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • So you know how everyone is so on board with Grass/Ground suddenly because of the oh so sacred typing order?

Well, Solgaleo's type icon things aren't adjacent numbers on the Japanese site. Doesn't discredit the theory, but weakens it.

Back