• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings!

Years
  • Hello people of the pokecommunity! I am a new member here, but quite the veteran of the pokemon games. Started back on Yellow and had Crystal and Ruby, then retired for a few years, and I am now back again with X. One thing I am shocked with is that I can now trade with anyone, without having to meet up in real life. As the shy kid, I am overjoyed with this feature. Even though I am now an adult, I am grateful that I can still enjoy playing these whimsical games. (Even if my excuse is that it takes an adult with a creative mind to make these games, so I hope it will still boost my own creativity.)

Bit more about myself, I am currently living as an artist, doing caricatures and drawings at festivals and at cafes that I normally haunt at.
    By joining this community, I am hoping to make a few friends, trade my Pokemon, and possibly complete my Pokedex and get a shiny charm!
    Currently, I am trying to hatch a shiny Meowth, and thus will be flooding the Wonder Trade with them!
    I favor Psychic, Ice, and Dark Pokemon, unintentionally.
    I also like having pokemon who use attacks you normally wont think of having. (for instance, a Persian with Thunderbolt and Icy Wind.)
    I look forward to hanging about these forums!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! I actually have a shiny Meowth that I got recently, but it's on Leaf Green and I have no way of trading it to the newer games. :< I like Dark pokémon a lot as well, but it's not my favourite, that would have to go to the Steel type. Anyways, I hope you have a great time! You can just message me if you want someone to talk to. =3

Years
  • Thank you, Striderviper! And hah... I remember getting a shiny Magikarp in Ruby. At first, I thought it was just a little secret that referenced getting the Red Gyrados from Crystal. I just recently found out that was a legitimate find, and not just a hat-off to the past gen. xD

Years
  • Welcome aboard fellow veteran Pokemon fan! Always nice to have more of them around.

So, it appears you've played all generations except 4th and 5th Gen. Was there anything about them that didn't excite you in particular? I know many took a hiatus from Pokemon around 3rd Gen because they thought they were getting too old to play the games, but 6th Gen has been rekindling the interest of even the old players given how revolutionary this generation got with its new mechanic changes and 3D graphics making you want to go wow.

So, you're an artist as well? Maybe our Art & Design section is worth checking out, and maybe look around Trade Corner as well since you seem to be interested in trading. Loads of the regulars around there would be glad to assist with your Pokedex completion plus I heard the breeding services there are great. Psychic, Dark and Ice-types are nice picks for faves since those Pokemon tend to have really nice designs as far as I'm aware.

Anyways, good luck for now and I hope to catch you soon! Feel free to visit my profile anytime if you want to talk to me.

Years
  • Thank you, Hikamaru. I skipped a few gens because I was distracted working with school, and still balancing my other games. However, I got pulled back in while working at another job, who's employees were more than happy to brag about their pokemon during slow times.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hello clancycats and welcome to pc! it seems a lot of people join because they love the older pokemon games rather than the newer games. it's weird how pokemon has come such a long way that we can now trade pokemon via wi fi. if you love art, you should definitely check out the art and design section of the forums! i post quite often there so i would love to see your artwork ^_^. let me know if you need any help or a friend! just drop a vm.

Years
  • xxkaylabby, I will certainly post in the Art section, soon. That is, once I actually get some of my work scanned in. I guess I will be seeing you around!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hi there! I've been playing ever since RBY myself; nice to meet you! And yeah, the functionality of the newer games is really amazing! Glad you're enjoying them! But yeah in this forum, you're more than welcome to trade and battle with anyone in this forum, and I hope that you will stick around for any events and such that goes on around here! If you have any questions, you can ask me anytime! Enjoy your time here, and remember that you'll always have a new friend within me~ <33

Years
  • Thank you all for the wonderful messages! Again, I look forward to being an active member in this community!

Years
  • I also like having pokemon who use attacks you normally wont think of having. (for instance, a Persian with Thunderbolt and Icy Wind.)

Sounds like me. ;P That's pretty cool, I love using unique Pokemon with unique movesets that most people won't think of using. Even remember modeling my Delcatty in R/S/E after the Delcatty in one of the Hoenn episodes that knew Thunderbolt, Solarbeam, and Blizzard. So fun.

Welcome welcome to PC, Cats! So you live on your own off of the money you make from art? That seems pretty difficult, as an artist myself I can sometimes so clearly understand the popular "starving artist" phrase so well. That aside, enjoy PC and see you around!

Back