• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grown man hunts down and attacks child who kills him in Call of Duty game.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Wow.. just wow. It's a good thing that kid's mother was there. Let me ask a question. Was this man on any sort of medication that he may or may not have taken on that day? If not, he needs to be. Immediately, if possible.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This man means serious business, bro.

Seriously though, this is just ridiculous. He's just ridiculous.

But on the other hand, I feel the boy brought this on himself seeing as how the man said the 13-year old was constantly badgering him through the microphone. Hopefully the young teen learned a lesson. Disgusting.
    I agree with this to a certain degree. Badgering someone over a game is plain immature, but for a grown man to actually fall into a thirteen-year-old's own foolish slander and go after him like that isn't any better on his part. In my opinion, it's far worse than how he described the kid's behavior while playing a game nonetheless.

Years
    Wasn't there a similar case in France (?) a while back where a guy was beaten by another guy in a video game - and tracked him, came to his home (and I'm pretty sure the victim lived in an entirely different corner of the country) and attempted to stab him?
    The solution to problems like this? If the slightest possibility exists that you might not be able to handle anger about a video game properly, play Singleplayer games, it saves you the work of trying to find out who and where your tormentor is and the only things that will be hurt will be your computer and maybe your fist. The former only costs money and for the latter every at least halfway functioning country has a healthcare program :p

Years
    Damn, man., This is the prime example of one guy ruining everything for all of us COD players who just enjoying getting killed. Here's what I would do if I got killed: See myself get killed, curse a bit and then go back into the fray and get killed again. Not become a detective and find out where that kid lives.

I'm sorry, but I do not feel bad for this kid. He deserved it. And the guy, he should know better. And where is the mother in all of this? She's the reason this happened! She let her son play that game when it is clearly made for older gamers and she should have taught him more manners than that.

Blame the mother!

Years
    An adult should know what to expect from a boy barely a teenager. Did he play with a 13 year-old boy expecting the wisdom and reservation that comes with age? The boy was childish to act like he did, but the man was still more foolish to be provoked by him. Being annoyed by a teenager is no excuse to physically assault the boy, only a demonstration of immaturity that only the teenager should've shown, not the parent.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
    o.e WTF that guy needs some serious help. When I get killed in CoD by some punk kid who won't shut up I just block them, simple as that. My main question is how the hell did he get the kids address? Also I beleive parents should not let a game console or tv be a babysitter, if a game or a show is seen as inappropriate for your childs age do not let them play/watch it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Well I suppose we can look forward to a revival of the "SRS BSNS" spam and endless joker references being thrown at anyone who gets angry in a video game on our favorite competitive video games in some sort of poorly thought out scheme to prevent this from happening in the future. -_-;

(Just like last time, and the time before that! Yay progress!)

I can feel the parts of my brain dictating logic and humor screaming in agony already.

Taking a step back, I should explain myself. This sort of thing happens... well, not very often. In fact, it's an extremely rare crime in the grand scheme of things. Being someone who accepts that we cannot 100% kill crime, I don't really feel obligated to care past sympathy for the victim and justice being done to the offender... which have both been done. That being said, it amazes me how people freak out at this as if attacks over the internet are a large problem or at any risk of becoming one. Not only does it get harder and harder to defeat crime the closer we get to actually getting rid of it altogether, but we've got hundreds upon hundreds of bigger problems on our priority list that we can use the same manpower to make a much bigger difference!

That and the methods with which people fight it in video games are /always/ horribly ineffective. It's amazing how trolls and people genuinely trying to help can act the same way in video games. It baffles me, quite frankly.

You'd think it would occur to people trying to help that telling people to get over it with lame, often spammed humor is a terrible way to get anything done. Rational people who are not prone to hunting people down over the internet will just get angrier and at the end of the day, nothing will get done except taking a dozen minutes out of their lifespan via stress. Irrational people who are, will be provoked into doing exactly that, hunting people down!

These people need serious professional help, not a kick in the pants. >>; Quite frankly, considering from the sound of it, the boy who was attacked is going to be okay, the world is probably a better place because of this incident. (Mainly because logic dictates that offender needs to be put in jail and kept in jail until he gets enough therapy to qualify as /sane/ again.)

...On the bright side, perhaps this can be used as an example of why /not killing internet anonymity/ and instead protecting it is important. I glare at Mark Zuckerberg when I say that.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    That is just wrong.
    I can understand having a go at them online. But it's sick when they track them down and attempt to kill them. The guy should grow some balls, just because he can't play, doesn't mean he has to hurt them who can play. And it's a good thing I don't play CoD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Oh good god, that fellow has some anger issues he needs to take care of if he's taking video games or any hobby that seriously now.

Years
    Kids in general can be retards over Xbox Live/PSN, some are seriously skilled in game terms without being seriously mature (because they either lack self control and don't put effort into school and/or they steal their older brother's account and play off that one).

I can understand someone being tempted to hunt down one of those kids and strangle them in real life, but personally I'd never act on those temptations. Instead I go to work and earn money that I can spend for myself, feeling grateful that I'm not the parent of one of those kids just yet.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Somebody needs to get their life sorted don't they? In all fairness.. that's a step too far, it's not like he killed somebody in real life, it's a game.. get over it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Oh, jeez, that dude is pathetic. Black Ops isn't that great anyway. I hope the kid's alright... and I love how a lot of those people are commenting on how he was playing a rated M game, NO ONE listens to those things.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    ...Wow.
    ...Just wow.

That is sad, that man should have some control, I mean, really? A child? Pathetic.
    Have you ever played an online shooter with a 12 year old on a mic? I'm not defending this guy's actions, but they're horrible little sociopathic buggers. I really can't believe people are surprised over this. It's one of those "I wish I could punch people through the internet" moments, except he actually did it.

And to be bluntly honest, I hope the little rat learned something from the experience. There's a reason you don't talk crap to someone bigger than you. That's a valuable life lesson for anyone to learn.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I see no point in fussing over the incident, the man's probably a psychopath or has some issues with his brain. In that case, I don't think he'd be fully aware of what he was doing or if it was good or bad.

.. or he's just complex and then we should burry him alive? /sarcasm

There are many complex people, okay not to that extent, but there are, (and so I repeat) I don't see any point in talking about what he did. It's not surprising at all, like the one above me said, since it involves the internet. Also the mother should teach some manners to her kid.

I gotta ask though, what was a jobless guy doing playing Black Ops...?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Isn't CoD rated M? Kid shouldn't have been playing CoD anyway.

Perhaps this will teach him to follow the ratings on the box?

Anyway, when I think of a person getting attacked over a game I always think about the one kid who got stabbed for using cheats in... Counter-Strike I think. Can't remember where he got stabbed, but I think it was in the head. He lived.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Oh my, this is bad. :'x .. I mean it's only a game, why take it so seriously? ...

Years
    Kid shouldn't even be playing COD to begin with. I hate little kids on COD who act like this, but I just mute them.

Back