• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess the next totally new thing

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    So we didn't see Alola forms coming, or Z moves. Or the removal of Gyms. In generation 7 there are already a bunch of totally new features instead of just updates of some past ones--so what else do you think they're going to throw at us?

I'm totally predicting a Pokemon fusion appearance, which isn't completely new given it's been in the anime for a while with Ash-Greninja, but new in the sense that we personally haven't seen it before in games. Also some more man-made Pokemon. Magearna can't be the only one.

You'll get a cookie if you're right when the games are released :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    This is kind of hard...

After the no gyms thing and the Alolan pokedex reveal, I can't say I can predict what gamefreak will do after this.

Maybe we'll have no villian team? After all, if we're able to get rid of gyms I expect some sort of change to the story and it's structure. I mean by this point of Black and White's release and the release of X and Y we knew what teams we had. It's kinda weird it hasn't been introduced to us yet so I'll suspect we aren't getting one in the traditional sense.

Also, if we can have an alolan ninetales, I think it's fair that I can shoot for an alolan Arcanine too xP

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    I'll throw my hat in the ring as the next reveal being either middle evolutions for starters OR some insight about X special event mechanic on the second island.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2018
    Maybe we'll have no villian team? After all, if we're able to get rid of gyms I expect some sort of change to the story and it's structure. I mean by this point of Black and White's release and the release of X and Y we knew what teams we had. It's kinda weird it hasn't been introduced to us yet so I'll suspect we aren't getting one in the traditional sense.

I really like this idea.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I know these are some pretty big elements, but...I would love to be able to carry more than 6 Pokemon with me, or have more than 4 moves on a Pokemon. I think I read somewhere that those two ideas were discussed at some point to put into the games, so maybe they're finally bringing it to Sun & Moon.

Also, it would be cool to travel to another region after finishing up with Alola. I know it's an island region, and Kalos is quite the journey from it, but...maybe there will be a way to go back to Kalos and see what's happened over the last few years? Sort of like what happened in G/S/C with Kanto (which I'm only bringing up because those games are so close to my heart.)

blue

gucci
    Years
    You'll get a cookie if you're right when the games are released :3

I'll hold you to this!

Pokemon talking. It's definitely a long shot but I wouldn't put it past them after some of the changes they have made for Sun & Moon. It may not be fully fleshed out but I think we will be able to understand what Pokemon are saying, or at least something along those lines.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I'll hold you to this!

Pokemon talking. It's definitely a long shot but I wouldn't put it past them after some of the changes they have made for Sun & Moon. It may not be fully fleshed out but I think we will be able to understand what Pokemon are saying, or at least something along those lines.

Didn't they say Rotom Pokedex would help you talk to Pokemon? or maybe it's my strange mind making things up, they haven't mentioned RotomDex in a while.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Considering Alola forms are just form changes and the island challenges are just glorified Gyms, I'd say the only real "completely new thing" we've gotten is Z-Moves (and I guess those free-for-all battles). And I honestly can't imagine anything else being hugely new like that--which is a good thing. Especially when it comes to battle mechanics, the more they add, the faster the power creep creeps up.

The only thing I can imagine is maybe we won't have an evil team, which is more regarding the narrative than mechanics, but at the same time there really ought to be some villains, even if they don't present themselves the way a traditional "team" would.

Years
    I think Rivvon has likely guessed which of the new features is completely original, in that it's Z-Moves. In the past, moves never had a specific item used to activate them, and while some used berries (like Natural Gift and Belch) I don't count it since berries were consumed after that move was used whereas Z-Moves involve an item that isn't consumable.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    fusing with your Pokemon sounds so awesome!

...okay, maybe a little bit.

imagine fusing with your ditto

yeah, again, I hope fusion with your Pokémon doesn't happen. Grenija with Ash's hair isn't a good look. + it's just something typical & bland.

I say some underwater ruins, like the Abyssal Ruins, are going to make a return (even though it's not a new thing). Maybe we scuba dive for a good portion of the game from the huge ocean and down there & instead of those berry plants on routes, we have coral "plants", so just berries but coral.

Years
    Poke Golf - Based on pokemon moves certain attacks have will impact your stroke power, provide abilities to overcome special conditions and obstacles, give your pokemon boosts, and impact other players on the course -- throw in a few actions commands and we have ourselves a game.

Pokemon customization - Give your pokemon a bow, hanker-chief, shades, or some other way to stand out as uniquely your own pokemon. You may also give teammates matching designs.

Design Clothes- Like animal crossing, you may paint your own designs on your trainer; you just have to purchase the base clothing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    what if pokemon go is a hint at the sm games and we have to level up the trainer? This could also change up competitions and availability of pokemon in the game.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Didn't they say Rotom Pokedex would help you talk to Pokemon? or maybe it's my strange mind making things up, they haven't mentioned RotomDex in a while.

That's true. I'm not entirely sure to what extent the RotomDex will assist you, but I really would like some sort of feature that allows you to understand what Pokemon are saying.

Years
    In the very first games you chose a starter and unless you had a circle of friends who also played you couldn't easily trade to get access to the others. The same was true for the fossils, and to a lesser extent the version exclusive Pokemon. Now it's really easy to get all the starters, fossils, etc. pretty quickly. If they want to bring back some kind of exclusivity they might give everyone an option in the game that sets them apart from other players and gives them access to an item or ability or something that most other people playing Pokemon wouldn't have.

Perhaps you'll choose one of the 18 types to be your character's favorite (or it could be assigned randomly like the friend safari) and it will make your Pokemon of that type slightly stronger, or give them access to different abilities or moves or something. You know, because those Pokemon are more attuned to you than others. That way everyone will potentially have Pokemon that others will want to trade for and you can have some special Pokemon of your own.

Pokemon customization - Give your pokemon a bow, hanker-chief, shades, or some other way to stand out as uniquely your own pokemon. You may also give teammates matching designs.

Design Clothes- Like animal crossing, you may paint your own designs on your trainer; you just have to purchase the base clothing.

I would take either of these in a heartbeat. Customization of any kind is always welcome in these games.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I would like the "travel to a previous region" feature to come back. Then we don't need to worry about Alola not having gyms, because the other region would have gyms >.< The other region would probably be Kanto, since it's Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, though it might not actually be Kanto, since its rumoured that the Alola Region is full of Kanto Pokémon... If it isn't Kanto, I can only see Kalos taking its place. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure this feature will not return.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I would like the "travel to a previous region" feature to come back. Then we don't need to worry about Alola not having gyms, because the other region would have gyms >.< The other region would probably be Kanto, since it's Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, though it might not actually be Kanto, since its rumoured that the Alola Region is full of Kanto Pokémon... If it isn't Kanto, I can only see Kalos taking its place. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure this feature will not return.

If we go back to Kalos, I hope that they change it up a bit, like how Unova was slightly changed in BW2. Shift around some gym leaders, add and remove a few, maybe a new Champion. Who knows.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    If we go back to Kalos, I hope that they change it up a bit, like how Unova was slightly changed in BW2. Shift around some gym leaders, add and remove a few, maybe a new Champion. Who knows.

Yes, I hope that as well. Maybe we could even have a post-game story, kinda like Looker had on X and Y, probably regarding Zygarde, since it was an unexplored legend...

Back