• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I reaaallly hope they each have one mega evolution. Perhaps not the early gym leaders but the later ones (around 5-8, maybe 6-8). The Elite Four and Champion I think definitely should have a Mega Evo. They're pretty much the strongest trainers in the region.

Years
    I reaaallly hope they each have one mega evolution. Perhaps not the early gym leaders but the later ones (around 5-8, maybe 6-8). The Elite Four and Champion I think definitely should have a Mega Evo. They're pretty much the strongest trainers in the region.

Knowing Gamefreak, they would give Mega Metagross to Steven. The rest is not going to have Mega Evos like the E4 in X/Y, besides Diantha.
    The final battle: Your shiny Mega Metagross vs Stevens normal Mega Metagross, I think that's enough for spoilers :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Well, I think it's pretty much confirmed that Steven will have Mega Metagross, given the fact they've revealed Steven as a Mega-Evo user and that there's an official art of the two together. :P I would really like the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders to be given Mega Evolutions, and it makes sense for them to have it, but Glacia and Sidney don't have a Pokemon yet, and the E4 in XY didn't have any, so there's always the chance the won't. =/

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    If you look closely at Sidney's bracelet though you can see what appears to be a mega stone.

Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Sneering is dirty fighting 101. Its hilarious how they flanderize the characters to meet their types.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Instead of using a grainy coro-coro scan which was speculated to hell and back, why not use the official art, which was released way over a month ago:
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Sidney.png
    Which specifically does not have a mega stone.

That is correct, but whether Sidney/other E4 members will use megas later on in rematches? Nobody knows... Yet.

So far, every E4 member except Glacia has potential pokemon that can mega evolve.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I wonder if some of the gym leaders will introduce you to Mega Evolution again like Korrina did in X/Y.

I hope not. Gym leaders are never that close to you to begin with. Korrina was outright awkward and weird. It was a terrible way to introduce mega evolution.

From the looks of it, it looks like Steven will be the one introducing mega evolution.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope not. Gym leaders are never that close to you to begin with. Korrina was outright awkward and weird. It was a terrible way to introduce mega evolution.

From the looks of it, it looks like Steven will be the one introducing mega evolution.

It would've been less odd if she had popped up after she gave us Lucario. Then she would seem more involved with it. I hope they fix that the next Kalos game(s).

I agree, Steven will most likely introduce it to us going from the screenshots.

If the E4 get Megas post game then Glacia can get Mega Abomasnow.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    It would've been less odd if she had popped up after she gave us Lucario. Then she would seem more involved with it. I hope they fix that the next Kalos game(s).

I agree, Steven will most likely introduce it to us going from the screenshots.

If the E4 get Megas post game then Glacia can get Mega Abomasnow.

Korrina could also be better if she appeared earlier in the game. Heck, it'll be cool if she were the one giving you the rollerblades. She should also use her lucario in the gym battle as her ace, but without mega evolution, or just combine the battle together.

Steven's the most likely candidate for me as he mentioned something along these lines: what is mega evolution? Blah blah... in the trailer gameplay.

Years
    Korrina could also be better if she appeared earlier in the game. Heck, it'll be cool if she were the one giving you the rollerblades. She should also use her lucario in the gym battle as her ace, but without mega evolution, or just combine the battle together.

Steven's the most likely candidate for me as he mentioned something along these lines: what is mega evolution? Blah blah... in the trailer gameplay.

I gotta agree with that. It's going to be tedious to read those repetitive texts from Steven and certain other Gym Leaders/E4 about abnormal things happening in the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, that's good to know! I'm a huge fan of the guy, so seeing him regain that spot is definitely good news to me. As for Phoebe having Dusknoir, that's quite interesting! In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I found her sort of easy to get through, and hopefully, this should help changing that up. Dusknoir is a tank, so if done right, I could imagine it to sort of be the savior of her team, so to speak.

Years
    Steven is confirmed as Champion and Phoebe has a Dusknoir.

We already knew that for a while now, but you know after seeing what Endless wrote just above I think Dusknoir will make Phoebe a bit more of a challenge, especially given how bulky it is with that very high base 135 Defense and Sp. Defense.

Steven also has Mega Metagross with Tough Claws which makes a lot of its attacks hit for massive damage. I'm pretty sure he'll get very rough for many players. But also, with Steven being the Champion I have a feeling Wallace will likely be the 8th Gym Leader instead of Juan and some people were kinda disappointed at that, because I recall most people here liked Juan better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    The only one I could see introducing to Megas would be Norman.

Forget about giving him Megas, I just want them to have him use some Pokémon other than Slaking and Vigoroth. The ideal candidates (for me) would be: Pyroar, Bouffalant, Tauros, or Diggersby. On a Mega related note, however, I could definitely see them giving him a Lopunny, which he would then Mega evolve during battle.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Forget about giving him Megas, I just want them to have him use some Pokémon other than Slaking and Vigoroth. The ideal candidates (for me) would be: Pyroar, Bouffalant, Tauros, or Diggersby. On a Mega related note, however, I could definitely see them giving him a Lopunny, which he would then Mega evolve during battle.

The most I see him getting pre-post game is his Emerald team. Same for Wattson and the others.

Post-game I hope his team will be Slaking, Blissey, Staraptor (Flying (wind)), Pyroar (Fire), Diggersby (Ground (Earth)), and Bibarel (Water) for the first rematch :3

Back