• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really hope they don't make any changes to the current leaders or elite four members, the fact that they're holding back on revealing the full set could slightly incidents there could be se sort of shake up. Then again these are remakes which would have no reason to change any of the main characters, the league line-up is great as it is tbh.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    CoroCoro can't come sooner...

I just want to know about the Sootopolis gym leader. That's all I need.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Naaaaaah. Those trees are definitely for a gym where Ludicolo murders the competition. Don Juan time baby!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a feeling it's likely going to be Wallace, since they are following the format of R/S and not Emerald.

I hope so, too, but it'd also be nice to see Juan make appearance somewhere down the line and perhaps have a battle or two.

Either that, or maybe they could have them both as Gym Leaders, and allow us to decide which person we want to face off against? They could also have it depend on your starter choice, similarly to how they did in Black and White with Cilan, Cress, and Chili. Personally, I'd be fine with any of these two options!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope that the one who isn't chosen shows up as a high-level Contest opponent, which seems to fit both of their personalities and I can't see a reason not to. I honestly don't have that much of a preference over the choice, but if I had to choose I'd go with Wallace for the sake of staying closer to the originals.

Years
    Maybe contests will be like in the PWT where persons from various regions announce their story. Like other version moms, Daisy Oak, Erika, what's his face from Heart home. DLC for other opponents. Lady Astrid? Yourself?

Wonder, if Amie not in ORAS, going into contests with an eevee is how we Sylveon.

Years
    Maybe contests will be like in the PWT where persons from various regions announce their story. Like other version moms, Daisy Oak, Erika, what's his face from Heart home. DLC for other opponents. Lady Astrid? Yourself?

Wonder, if Amie not in ORAS, going into contests with an eevee is how we Sylveon.

Pokemon Amie was already revealed to be retained, so they'll likely keep the same evolution method for Sylveon. They have however confirmed Feebas to revolve back to its original evolution method (maxed Beauty) while the Prism Scale is only used in games where Contests don't exist.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I'd say, Wallace as Gym leader pre-game, and Juan will be the leader post-game and you'll be able to challenge all the Gyms again, maybe? :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That does sound like a good plan, yes!

However, what would be even better, I believe, is if they were both challenge-able at any time, similarly to the idea I've stated before. None of this is too important, though; I'm not sure about others, but as long as they're both included in-game in one form or another, personally, I would be pretty happy. Usually, I don't exactly feel that taking things away from older games in remakes is a good idea.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'd say, Wallace as Gym leader pre-game, and Juan will be the leader post-game and you'll be able to challenge all the Gyms again, maybe? :P
    If they do that then perhaps Wallace will be the champion. Or perhaps Juan could be the eighth gym leader, and after we defeat Steven we discover that Steven is actually no longer the true champion (similar to how in RGBYFrLg when you defeat Lance (the last of the E4) he says congrats in becoming champion, only to add that we would be if someone (Green/Blue) hadn't beated us to it), but Wallace...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    If Juan is gym leader...

Gym Leaders and Elite Four

NO, just NO.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I hope not. I hate him. Screw you, Double Team Kingdra.

I wish Emerald remains a non-canon dystopia and Juan is written out of existence.

Besides, him sharing his ace with Clair isn't cool at all. Clair came first.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think the whole Juan/Wallace situation is one of the reasons why they're holding off from revealing the remaining leaders. I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of situation which involves both of them being in the games, both Juan and Wallace appeared in the PWT for B2W2 iirc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well Giovanni also appeared at the PWT despite not being a gym leader anymore, plus in Emerald (irc) they said Juan was the former Gym leader who came back from retirement to fill Wallace's spot, or that may have been Pokémon Special xD.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well Giovanni also appeared at the PWT despite not being a gym leader anymore, plus in Emerald (irc) they said Juan was the former Gym leader who came back from retirement to fill Wallace's spot, or that may have been Pokémon Special xD.

Well we did have Giovanni return in an event in HGSS, so anything could happen. Either way I do think that we will see Juan in some sort of role, whether that be as a Gym Leader or as something different. ;p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wally as Champion would be pretty cool, but I don't believe it's actually going to happen. Had ORAS taken place at some point in future (five or so years after original RSE events), then it might have been a possibility, but unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. =(

Back