• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
How about a new hack rating thread? instead of choosing one winner and giving an award, you could post your hacks summery, or there could be links to the newest ones like on HOTW, and then in the comments instead of voting, they rate your hack and explain why. That way it takes out the competetive figure. Also, the reason I wanted HOTW to continue in the first place was not to get attention to my hack, I can get that easily if i try (I'm CEO of two popular entertainment channels on youtube) I wanted it so that I get a better idea of how im doing compared to the other newer hacks.
Can't one just go to the hack thread and rate/review it then? There wouldn't be a point for a Hack Rating thread.

I don't get the point of HotW that much anymore. Awards aren't even given to hack winners anymore. Probably because a hack winning weekly is too much to make an award for each.

MKSSB

OKですか?
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Maybe is too late, but I haven't received my award of:
Week No. 138(Tie)- Legendary Ashes by MKSSB - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Alright people. Just because you're discussing the future (or lack thereof) of the HotW doesn't mean that you can go off-topic. I will allow you to use this thread for discussion and collaboration but let's keep those posts constructive, now.

DragonsCanBite

Ancient Member
Years
Advertising new hacks doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Plus hack owners could bother the people and say stuff like: "Put my hack up there!" and other annoying stuff, just to get hacks to be on the New Hacks thread. I know you said hacks that have potential, but they can still bother them with visitor messages. Plus how hard is it to just go to the Progressing Hacks forum and look at some hacks?

Actually, when things like HOTW and those one-a-month interviews with creators of popular Hacks [long time ago] first started, they also kept getting "Put my hack up there!" people. That's inevitable with any idea. Of course, with newbs this might be more prevalent, but still...

You do have a point with the Progressing Hacks forum though, however one thread would make it a lot easier than clicking through all the threads there.

Back