• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • My vote this week will go to Pokemon Eclipz. Not just because the tiles look pretty, but because it is a Portuguese hacks, which seems pretty new to me. And it also will come in different languages.

The hack overall seems pretty nice and decent, so I vote for Eclipz.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I vote for Wood because Sawakita has put lots of effort on it. Besides, making new scripts in R/B/Y truly requires skills (much harder than G/S/C) so if you think his video of getting the starter pokemon isn't much, you've no idea what you're talking about ;)

And I'm not voting for it because I'd prefer 1st and 2nd gen to 3rd or anything, it just is the best hack in the list and deserves to win.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wood and Pink Jelly (weird name) aren't centered...

Anyway, The Hack of the Week seems to have lost its luster a long time ago... :(
    Is it because the best hacks were already voted before?
    Is it because the new hacks doesn't shine as much as before?
    Or is it because the people aren't much interested with this thread?

Maybe a set of new rules would be neat, or maybe restarting every hack eligibility to be voted by next year? I don't know...

I hope the next year's HotW will be more exciting, though...

Anyway, I think this week, only Golden/Silver Legend, Wood and Pink Jelly caught my attention.
    Golden/Silver Legend has the player seeks to find his/her home, but that's about it... I don't get why the players needs to cross lots of towns and other places just to get back home, wherein he/she was found unconscious in a forest NEAR his/her home...
    Wood is a dark side of the PKMN World, I am assuming. The hacker implemented reality to the game, which kinda makes me wanna play it.
    Pink Jelly is for the lolz... xD Hey, I guess I could use a good laugh at times.

I guess I'll go with Wood for this week.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Wood and Pink Jelly (weird name) aren't centered...

Anyway, The Hack of the Week seems to have lost its luster a long time ago... :(
    Is it because the best hacks were already voted before?
    Is it because the new hacks doesn't shine as much as before?
    Or is it because the people aren't much interested with this thread?

Maybe a set of new rules would be neat, or maybe restarting every hack eligibility to be voted by next year? I don't know...

I hope the next year's HotW will be more exciting, though...

Anyway, I think this week, only Golden/Silver Legend, Wood and Pink Jelly caught my attention.
    Golden/Silver Legend has the player seeks to find his/her home, but that's about it... I don't get why the players needs to cross lots of towns and other places just to get back home, wherein he/she was found unconscious in a forest NEAR his/her home...
    Wood is a dark side of the PKMN World, I am assuming. The hacker implemented reality to the game, which kinda makes me wanna play it.
    Pink Jelly is for the lolz... xD Hey, I guess I could use a good laugh at times.

I guess I'll go with Wood for this week.

I think the issue with the HotW is that it's not as prestegious as HotM or HotY since it happens weekly. Not to mention they amount of weeks will undoubtedly surpass the amount of new hacks out. So at some point every hack will have won HotW making it as common as Pidgey on Route 1. HotM only happens 12 times a year and is IMO harder to win than HotW where it's only a matter of time before you win.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • Hehe, I haven't read this thread in a while. Anyway, I think you guys are right. This event is starting to run dry and is no longer diverse enough to yield real honor. If there are no objections, then the Hack of the Week system is officially closed. Thank you all for your participation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    Hehe, I haven't read this thread in a while. Anyway, I think you guys are right. This event is starting to run dry and is no longer diverse enough to yield real honor. If there are no objections, then the Hack of the Week system is officially closed. Thank you all for your participation.
    Can we keep HOTW, but just maybe change the rules a little to make it more interesting. And a little harder to win.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    Maybe assigning a prize only if the total voters of that week are at least <insert number here>; if not, reset that week's votes and repeat the HOTW (maybe updating nominees) in the following week.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Maybe assigning a prize only if the total voters of that week are at least <insert number here>; if not, reset that week's votes and repeat the HOTW (maybe updating nominees) in the following week.

This is a good idea. I noticed that some hacks win becuase they have 2 votes while the others have 1. That's not really prize winning. It's almost as bad as winning by default.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • And if no hacks get that much votes in a week then nobody wins. If it happens again the next week, nobody wins, and so forth. Making it pretty pointless.
    How about this. Every two weeks, three hacks from the progressing hacks showcase are chosen, and are put in a poll. Yeah, it makes it more like a two-week version of HOTM, but there's nothing wrong with that, right? Actually, even if you just put it as a poll now I think more people will vote, because some people may be too lazy/in a rush to post anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    And if no hacks get that much votes in a week then nobody wins. If it happens again the next week, nobody wins, and so forth. Making it pretty pointless.
    How about this. Every two weeks, three hacks from the progressing hacks showcase are chosen, and are put in a poll. Yeah, it makes it more like a two-week version of HOTM, but there's nothing wrong with that, right? Actually, even if you just put it as a poll now I think more people will vote, because some people may be too lazy/in a rush to post anything.
    agreed, but maybe choose more hacks to compete like 5 of them?
    if they are new hacks then they usually change A LOT at the beginning so it wouldn't be fare if a hack wasn't chosen because they just started and haven't released much yet. It could turn out becoming something really good.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Can some one make me the award for:

Week No. 126
    - Morganite by Bolens - Hack of
    badge-firered.png

I never got one, just thought maybe someone could make an award picture, thank you.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • A poll, eh? I guess that sounds interesting, but it might be annoying to PM staffers to change the poll every 2 weeks, don't you think? And I don't think the owner wants to make a new thread each time. =/

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • There could be a few more people helping with it, then new threads would be quicker and easier to make, because it wouldn't just be one person doing all the work :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • The problem about poll is that nobodies get the chance to vote which can lead to "wrong" results. Then again, Sawakita's idea sounds okay to me (if people really began voting a little bit more). And if neither of these worked, I'd go with the original idea and close HotW.
    I mean, what do we need it for ?

There is always HotM and HotY.
    Besides, great hacks don't rise weekly.

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • nah I think Altaria is great we should change it to two months instead since some (including myself) don't vote

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • The problem about poll is that nobodies get the chance to vote which can lead to "wrong" results. Then again, Sawakita's idea sounds okay to me (if people really began voting a little bit more). And if neither of these worked, I'd go with the original idea and close HotW.
    I mean, what do we need it for ?

There is always HotM and HotY.
    Besides, great hacks don't rise weekly.

Define "nobodies". Because honestly that sounds to me like your saying only certain people have the rights to vote for the hack that they like.

Back