• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ugh that sucks...............the lack of a phys spec split really hurts...

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I have some updated Screenshots to show:

UoLbFBR.png
pFtXFLS.png
AlAbsmQ.png
jnBHdDD.png
4AKAPid.png
5Mn7dy3.png

And a sneak peak at Golden Island, an island where a strange Meowth cult lives...

pokemon_orange___golden_island_statues_by_piacarrot-dbbvwwj.png

I'd like to thank Rangi for their help with cleaning up code in Orange, I now have much much much more space to work with! (around 20ish percent free space to over 50).

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
There's another pull request on GitHub, and I have a few graphical suggestions; curious if you like any of them.

IAllevE.png

• Replace the useless "menu account" with a visible clock, since there's no Pok?gear
  • Make the Pok?dex white, more like a notebook than a digital screen, to match the "Gen 1.5" feel
  • Vary the Town Map island shapes with different corner tiles
  • Show the tops of the heads on the Trainer Card, and get rid of the space left over from having only four (didn't you have some plans for more info to display there?)

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey Rangi, have not been able to get on since I came back to school, but I will merge as soon as I can! All those sound fine to me, I have no real preference over the graphical changes above, but for sure Trainer Card is in need of an overhaul more so than the rest. I'm not sure if Pokedex would look good like that, especially with the orange sprite masking the dex currently has.

As for additional info on the Trainer Card, I believe we were discussing having customizable Trainer Classes? There's also no current use for the back of the trainer card.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Hey Rangi, have not been able to get on since I came back to school, but I will merge as soon as I can! All those sound fine to me, I have no real preference over the graphical changes above, but for sure Trainer Card is in need of an overhaul more so than the rest. I'm not sure if Pokedex would look good like that, especially with the orange sprite masking the dex currently has.

As for additional info on the Trainer Card, I believe we were discussing having customizable Trainer Classes? There's also no current use for the back of the trainer card.

Hey, Pia! Yeah, I thought a post here would be easier to notice whenever you are back than an old Discord @mention.

IIRC I suggested a B/W-style trainer class and you didn't think there'd be any purpose to it. And someone had the idea of a counter for some thing other than Pok?mon that you'd be collecting, but that was pretty vague.

How about just having one page? Like these:

30dfqA7.png
94FrkwU.png

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey, Pia! Yeah, I thought a post here would be easier to notice whenever you are back than an old Discord @mention.

IIRC I suggested a B/W-style trainer class and you didn't think there'd be any purpose to it. And someone had the idea of a counter for some thing other than Pok?mon that you'd be collecting, but that was pretty vague.

How about just having one page? Like these:

30dfqA7.png
94FrkwU.png

One page works, how about stars for the free space on the first page then (one for becoming champion, one for beating Red, and one for completing the dex)?

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Will have to do that later today, I have no access to my ROM or any file sharing site at the moment (I'm honestly amazed PokeCommunity isn't blocked here).

Sure! In the meantime, I've added the clock and map edits:

iFxbebF.png

Edit: Here's the new Trainer Card.

l2vW1jp.png

Edit: And the new Pok?dex.

NrKvs6u.png

If you don't like the orange overlay on the sprite, gray might also work; like a charcoal/pencil sketch of the Pok?mon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
MOOORE POKEMON ORAAANNGE glorious game so far Alpha tested it. It seems like it would be a good challenge too but I grind too much XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
And I'm sure with Rangi's help you get this easily done by at most the end of this year.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
Working on my own fan game rn thanks to Pia who got me the things to make it on RPG Maker hoping mine be as popular as this one seems to be.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Very Good work... You make it very great. FIrst good Orange Islands Game from time of Pokemon O.I.A which is Pokemon Red Hack. I have one question. Did you make Surfboard?

There is no surfboard, you get a Lapras with Surf very early on, like the anime. There is a Skateboard that replaces Bicycle.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Kinnow Island is finished, very close to second gym, now. Running into some bugs with Pinkan from removing code but hopefully will be resolved soon.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks to Rangi most of the reported bugs have been fixed, and Kinnow Island has been finalized (aside from the Café, but not sure if I'm going to do anything special with it).

Once I have the remaining small bugs fixed, I will continue with Route 57, the first Unnamed Island, Route 58, Navel Island and the Seven Grapefruit Islands. After that's all been mapped and scripted, I will finalize the titlescreen, TMs and Learnsets and release Beta 1.

Oh, also, Charmander now learns Metal Claw at the proper level, and it replaces Smokescreen.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks to Rangi most of the reported bugs have been fixed, and Kinnow Island has been finalized (aside from the Café, but not sure if I'm going to do anything special with it).

Once I have the remaining small bugs fixed, I will continue with Route 57, the first Unnamed Island, Route 58, Navel Island and the Seven Grapefruit Islands. After that's all been mapped and scripted, I will finalize the titlescreen, TMs and Learnsets and release Beta 1.

Oh, also, Charmander now learns Metal Claw at the proper level, and it replaces Smokescreen.

I was wondering why it didn't learn that move. Thanks for that! I will play Beta 1 when it comes out and do the same thing as before, rip the music and explore the new areas.

Back