• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hacked Bad Egg

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    So unfortunatly I wonder traded twice Yesterday. I got a BAD EGG from someone and my game automatically saved. The egg multiplied every time i went into my PC into a different spot. frustrated i didn't; save and let it charge for the night.
    I went to go on this morning and my SAVE FILE is corrupted. There was nothing I could do as it wouldn't let me on my Saved File. I even contacted Nintendo Support and they told me to Undownload the game and redownload it, they have reports about this as a possible Virus going around.

SO RIP the Following Pokemon

Hercules (Lvl 45) Chesnaught
    Achilles (Lv 46) ~ Venusaur
    Bellerophon (Lv46) ~ Jumpluff
    Oddysseus (Lv 45) ~ Ludicolo
    Perseus (42) ~ Rotom
    Wilber (34) ~ Swoobat

The person was named (0 v 0) and was from Japan.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can get Bad Eggs over Wonder Trade? I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible....

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    You can get Bad Eggs over Wonder Trade? I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible....

I don't really see why it wouldn't be. After all a Bad Egg is simply a Pokemon with incorrect checksum data. Simply corrupting the Pokemon in transit or hacking one incorrectly can turn it into a Bad Egg.

As for the OP, I'm sorry your save file was lost. Did you look at its moveset or summary any? I know Bad Eggs exist, but I never heard of them eating a person's save file. It might just be how Gen VI works, as I know some Gev VI glitch Pokemon can erase save files and even brick your game. That might have been what you got.

Reactions: Nah

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    I dont really remember I was just confused at it and was like SERIOUSLY HOW did you send me an Egg?!?!
    It was confusing and I just wanted to warn others in case they get it as well.

Reactions: Sun

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Wow that is very unfortunate. Even more unfortunate is that is hard to recover from, even if you were prepared. Hopefully Nintendo does something about it.

Until then, I'm keeping an rsavin and rsavout on my SD card just in case.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I dont really remember I was just confused at it and was like SERIOUSLY HOW did you send me an Egg?!?!
    It was confusing and I just wanted to warn others in case they get it as well.

He likely sent you a hacked Pokemon that got turned into a Bad Egg in transit, or maybe something went wrong and the Pokemon got damaged, for lack of a better word. I'm going with the former because you'd have to seriously change some things for a Pokemon to get turned into a Bad Egg, and those things are only possible with cheating.

The reason I asked if you looked at the summary or moveset is because bringing those things up in memory can potentially mess up your save file or at the very least cause your game to freeze. In Gen III you could get Bad Eggs with glitch moves that scrambled up some things, making the game load data from places it's not supposed to. I don't know if that's possible in Gen VI, but it's still worth mentioning.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm sorry that such a thing had to happen to you; I understand how frustrating it could be.

Wonder Trade could be fun, but unfortunately, it's not always reliable.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I feel bad for losing your progress, if you use a homebrew for 3DS and Save data manager you could make a backup (before the incident) on your SD card and you can load the backup so you never lose progress it's best to backup often in case of glitch or any bad eggs. Wonder trading is fun, but who knows the danger.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I feel bad for losing your progress, if you use a homebrew for 3DS and Save data manager you could make a backup (before the incident) on your SD card and you can load the backup so you never lose progress it's best to backup often in case of glitch or any bad eggs. Wonder trading is fun, but who knows the danger.

That or delete the Bad Eggs from your boxes with PKHeX.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've heard of this around 2 years ago, I thought it was a hoax tbrh! I feel sorry for you, but yeah just simply put of your Pokémon for a Bunnelby or somethibg in GTS, if you wanna trade with random people. It's not the best substitute but yeah.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

This is way better than my rsavin/rsavout idea. Im going to do this in case I ever decide to go on a WonderTrade spree.

Reactions: Sun

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    It was only a matter of time before people found a way around the Wonder Trade security :/ At least it sounds like Nintendo's aware of it, so hopefully they'll patch it soon. I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you :(

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've heard of this before, what will happen if you hatch the egg? or can you?

Normally these 'eggs' can't be hatched as they aren't really eggs to begin with. If the eggs are forced hatch through cheating and hacking means, your save file has the potential to be erased permanently or it might freeze/crash your game.

Yeah if you put it in a real life logic, hatching a bad egg is like attempting to hatch a rotten egg. :P

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Yeah if you put it in a real life logic, hatching a bad egg is like attempting to hatch a rotten egg. :P

Trying to hatch a rotten egg doesn't have the side effect of erasing reality though...

Years
    I'm sorry for your loss. But I appreciate that you posted this here since I've never had a clue that you could get a bad egg through wonder trade, I barely even knew it existed.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Because rotten eggs don't have black holes or anything similar inside them. They just have rotten yolk and stuff.

Yeah but you never actually managed to hatch one :p

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I believe that bad eggs from wondertrade was a glitch in the game and not a hack. And that you could just release it and your game would be fine if u did it right away. And haven't seen reports of this since early 2014.

Back