• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked pokemon.

Esmas

General
Years
  • I use hacked Pokémon not in battles, but simply for the fun of having a totally customizable Pokémon on your team. By that I mean that I simply think of a character from the anime or game (such as Ash), choose one of his Pokémon (such as Pikachu), and customize it the way it is displayed in the anime or game; it's nickname, its OT, its attacks, its nature, etc. Kind of like Ash's Pikachu or Goon's Scizor events.

I never overpower Pokémon that I hacked, that kind of just steps over the border. I never trade or battle with these Pokémon. Otherwise, my main use of an Action Replay is simply for cloning, or getting all of the items that are almost impossible to get once I've completed the game (such as event items).

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • I have had no problems with hacked pokemon at all. But I do know some people don't like them and I wanna know why.

Like what is the most problems you have had with a hacked pokemon,
    What had it done to your game?

The slogan is Gotta Catch Em All - not - Gotta Hack Em All. :)

mrkman55

The Pokemon Masters Tourney!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Hacking pokemon rather cheapens the game and when you get one off a trade, you feel cheated and it's just not fun.

Although I can understand how someone would want to hack pokes. Because it does save a lot of time from the arduous EV training and IV breeding.

phoenix7890

Cereal Killer
    Years
  • I hacked once back when i had a emerald version and it screwed my game up so much that the game would not even start up after a while and was useless.

yeah, although mine just said the internal battery had run dry...so clock based events wouldnt work.. lol, why do you think i got the action replay? so i didnt need clock based events xD

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    The only hacks i use are all pokes are shiny,eggs hatch in 10 steps,pokemon have 100% of mating,999Xall items and infinte money also i catch other poeple's pokemon for breeding and collecting purposes

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I'm fine with hacking to an extent because not everyone is wiling to spend several hours a day breeding, EV training, and leveling. What I am against is giving them illegal stats or movesets because doing that makes a mockery out of the battle system and it is NOT fun dueling some idiot with a wondertomb. I am also against trading hacks because I know people feel very strongly about them, so I make sure to give my hacked pokemon that special ribbon that prevents them from being put on the GTS as a form of identification.

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • I have had only 1 Hacked Pokemon (Celebi) when i played my Crystal Emulator...And it didn't mess me up...

But when i got MissingNo,Oh boy.

However,I had a hacked Alakazam on my Pokemon Blue and just screwed it up something awful.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Someone traded me a hacked Charizard and I didn't know until it messed up my game :/

The Shiny Psyduck

<- Guess what game I'm playing
    Years
  • I have a rule where I only hack the games before whatever game is out now. Ex: When HG/SS came out, I played through the game normally untill I beat the Pokemon League. Then, I traded over my good (legit) pokemon from Platinum and then proceeded to do all the extra stuff that happens after you beat the game. When I eventually grew tired of all that, I then hacked Platinum. I also never trade my hacked mons to my current game, but that probably went without saying.

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • Pokesav ruined Pokemon. I have no idea why Nintendo has yet to do something about it. The first time I tried pokesav I just knew it was too much. I deleted it right away and never downloaded it again. It's ridiculous.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I hate receiving hacks in trades, especially if the pokemon you traded is yours that you worked hard to raise. I have never used my AR to hack a pokemon, and never will. :pink_disbelief:

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious that hacking ruins the fairness to the game to those who don't use cheats.
    It is pretty convenient though, but easily abuse-able like most super powers.
    I understand that some just use it to save up their time from the usual ev, ivs, shinies and what not. I just don't like it when you have some person uses it to show off their uber powered mudkipz with wonder guard(didn't actually encountered something like that before but you know what I mean).

Years
  • I have kind of a strong moral code about cheating. I don't own an action reply/gameshark/etc. I wouldn't ever use them either, I like catching and raising my pokemon all by myself. If I need something I can't get on my own I'll trade for it. I've gotten hacked pokemon in the past from some trades with a friend. When I found out they hacked them I never used any of them. I released a few, I plan to trade the others to someone who doesn't mind. But I think there are some things that some people consider cheating that I don't mind. For example, exploiting/utilizing in game glitches. If it's in the game it's fair play. Yes some people consider it unfair. But if you find a glitch that's been missed by the programmers once the game is in circulation it's fair enough, since enough people have the game and could use this advantage if they want to. I don't really use glitches, the only thing I've done glitch wise was receiving cloned pokemon and items from my brother's emerald. I also don't mind people who use codes to get event items to gain access to event pokemon. As long as they don't hack any stats, moves, or shininess, I think it's acceptable. Not everyone has access to these events, so I don't see it as wrong. I haven't gotten many event pokemon myself throughout my versions but the ones I do have I've gotten myself, legally. Cheating is in the eye of the beholder, but generally hacked pokemon are considered universally unfair. Therefor most people don't like hacked pokemon, myself included.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • for me it feels so much better knowing you caught your hard earned pkmn legally,
    i love my plat team, they're so unique, unlike these crappy 31 IV superpokes >.> :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I wouldn't mind hacking in two cases.
    1. Event Items. I actually tried to AR myself an Azure Flute, but the codes never worked, and the closest I got was a Toys R Us Arceus, which I already had. The other codes just didn't work. I wanted the Azure Flute so I could catch myself a legit Arceus, though.

2. Getting late-game Pokemon early on. Some of my favorite Pokemon, like Swinub, aren't available until the end of the game when my team is full and finished. If I hacked the game so I could receive one, say, in Union Cave or Orebourgh Mine, I wouldn't mind, as long as it's attacks, nature, etc. were legit. I might do that for Meguroko, depending on how late it appears in the game (or I would, if I HAD an AR.) I do not agree with this if it's for a legendary, or something uber-powerful. Swinub's an average Pokemon, and I say this is only OK for regular, average Pokemon.

Otherwise, it's just cheating.

Back