• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen HARDEST BIRD TO CAPTURE

hardest to capture

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • Pretty much as the title says, out of the trio of birds, which one did you find very hard to capture in Pokemon FireRed and Leafgreen?

For me it was Zapdos. It was so difficult that it took me 25 Ultra Balls, and over 50 PokeBalls (which I caught the Zapdos with a PokeBall which I still until this day do not understand)

:t354:TG

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Articuno was easier to capture for me. I personally think Moltres was the hardest. I had to ran out of Ultra Balls. Plus even is Moltres was paralyzed, it still wouldn't get in the ball.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • On my last play around I remember catching Moltres and Zapdos with minimum difficulty, but I found it a pain to get Articuno for what ever reason.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Articuno was the toughie for me last time. Zapdos was surprisingly cooperative, while being lucky and nailing Moltres with Surf as it did Endure made it easy as well.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Pidgey >_< I mean Moltres was annoying to me. It burned me on the first turn of the battle. Plus I ran out of Great Balls and Ultras and had to rely on Poke balls.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gee, I don't even remember. lol I hate that it says "you missed the Pokemon!" if you don't have it under some status condition. :/ I think that's bull crap, cause how do you miss THAT big of a target? I guess if I had to pick, I've had more trouble with Articuno in my day, mainly cause I don't run from any wild battles, and that place is HUGE and ANNOYING to get through. So by the time I'm at Articuno, lol. That's what saving is for though. :]

Years
  • Zapdos was a pain for me, it just did not wana stay in the dang ball :< It took me forever to get him.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Moltres is definitely the one who gave me the most trouble. Every time I try to catch it, I come strapped with about 50-60 ultra balls and it just pwns it's way out of all of them.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Articuno and Zapdos rarely give me much trouble, but Moltres is always a pain to catch for some reason. I always have to try multiple times to get one and usually end up using at least half of my Ultra balls on it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2017
    Gee, I don't even remember. lol I hate that it says "you missed the Pokemon!" if you don't have it under some status condition. :/ I think that's bull crap, cause how do you miss THAT big of a target?

It also says that for Snorlax, of all Pokemon. The older games were not known for their logic.

I'd say Articuno was the most difficult to capture in both the originals and FR/LG; that thing just does not want to be caught. I was always lucky with capturing Zapdos, even in FR/LG. I never reached Moltres in FR/LG, but it never caused me as much trouble as it did Articuno in the originals.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Whenever I decide to capture the legendary bird Pokemon, I'm usually able to catch Moltres with ease, and Articuno rarely gives me trouble. However, Zapdos is always a different story. I don't know why, but it's just so hard for me to capture that one. But I remember one time I caught it with a plain, old Poke Ball, lol :P

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Moltres was very easy on Mt. Ember. Zapdos was moderately hard and it took one reset after I wasted many balls. Articuno... I reckon it took my entire day at school and after school to catch it, at least it was proven useful against Lance. XD

Years
  • For me it was Zapdos. I remember using all my ultra/great balls like 5 times and I needed to Turn the GBA off every time I ran out. Soooo Frustrating, but in the end, rewarding.:)

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Zapdos was for me the hardest to catch.
    Even if I had a lot of Ultra Ball, I was obliged to switch off and switch on my Gameboy again many times before I can capture it.
    And Articuno was the easier for me.

Back