• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Boss?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Abyssion - Tales of Symphonia:
    I have to admit, he's pretty fun to try to beat, but it's not very often that is actually does happen, and it's usually after a lot of Life Bottles and a half-hour of trying to smack him around. That or cheating and using Colette and her Pow Hammer, hoping to poison him and when it does, just wait and then do the final kill.

Nebilim - Tales of the Abyss:
    She's just ridiculous, okay. I tried to fight her on Very Hard for the lulz, and we all died within the first few second with her Mystic Cage and final hits. I don't think I'm ever getting that costume for Luke unless I have x10 Experience with me and they're on level 255.

Dragons at Dragon Nest - Tales of Symphonia:
    I had to bring the difficultly down to 'Normal' in order to defeat them on my 1/2 EXP on hard challenge. Why? Because they're so freakin' difficult, and annoying. And there are two of 'em, with one of 'em wandering 'round. :(

... I can prolly of two more, but I have to go to class, so I'll edit this later.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Dark Star Core - Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    This thing was very very difficult!
    I battled it for about 1 month and took a break and then I came back and beat it like 2 months later.

Weapon XI - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    He was very difficult also,it took me a lot of tries to beat this guy -.-
    But I was so relieved when I took him down!

Ryu - Street Fighter Alpha 2
    This is from M.Bison's story and he is probably the most difficult boss that I have fought in a long time,He won't quit doing Hadoken every 5 seconds! I have not beat him yet T_T

I'll probably think of some more but almost every boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is hard!

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    my toughest bosses are:

1. emerald weapon <final fantasy 7>
    2. jedi apprentence <soul caliber 4>
    3. cyrus <pokemon platinum>
    4. chronomon holy mode <digimon world dawn/dusk digimon world DS>
    5. Red <pokemon HG/SS>

theres no perticular order there

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • SturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturm.

That guy is broken beyond repair.
    I can beat that with three names.

1. Lavos. If you wet yourself upon reading that name, then don't be ashamed. Many, many, many people fell to Lavos, fewer rose up and persevered, and fewer overcame this world-crushing monstrosity. In three phases, Lavos is perhaps one of the most epic bosses in video gaming. Ever.

2. Kefka. ...need I say more?

3. SKEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTHHHHHH. ADSKAFL:SHGKSLDFASD. Rargh. Skeith angered my beyond compare when I first fought him. It's a tough fight, but it's really worth it when you beat him. ^^ (.hack INFECTION)

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • Top guy from Digimon Rumble Arena and top racer guy on crash team racing (Can't remember either of their names). Both for PS1. Impossible. Simply, Impossible

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I would have to say a lot of the final bosses in the Kingdom Hearts games are really tough.

Another one I found to be quite tough, and take me quite a few tries to beat was Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. She is really tough to beat, considering you have to avoid powerful attacks while still stationery filling up statues with eggs. It might have helped that I hadn't had my health doubled from the door right before her.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • Thinking about it now, Seth in Street Fighter IV is a pain to beat on Easiest.

Hardest, is an impossibility. D:
    yeh, as sf4 was my first sf game, i completely sucked at it and i got so fustrated with seth. now i find he's pretty easy on medium.
    I would have to say a lot of the final bosses in the Kingdom Hearts games are really tough.
    Yeh, square usually loves to that. And the organisation guy in BbS Final Mix looks impossible in the trailer. seriously, all through the video is just the player getting absolutely raped, over and over again.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Haha, true. Seth is so freaking cheap. -_-

Just know Zangief and Sagat are both higher than him on the Tier List. Not that I care. o3o

Oh, and, although he may not be hard, but he's a pain. The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3. His gimmick? You have to slowly trudge through water while all the enemies from the game you've killed come back to haunt you. Walking forward for 10 minutes or more is tedious and boring. D:<

seocompany

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    I think Banjo Kazooie Grunty hard, expecially since I have not even doubled my health, and its purpose is simply amazing, plus the fact that you need a pair of golden feathers to you constantly.

Years
  • One of the few bosses I remember not being able to beat (At least not the first few times) was Dullahan in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. He is damn near invincible, in every context of the word.

What I find awesome about Dullahan is that he is easier to beat, the Weaker your party is. If you party is around lvl 40, you're twice as likely to win as a party level 60 or higher.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
  • One of the few bosses I remember not being able to beat (At least not the first few times) was Dullahan in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. He is damn near invincible, in every context of the word.

What I find awesome about Dullahan is that he is easier to beat, the Weaker your party is. If you party is around lvl 40, you're twice as likely to win as a party level 60 or higher.

Thank you for that bit of wisdom. I have yet to face him in that game. Haha.

Five hardest bosses for me? Easy.

5: Brock (Pokemon Stadium)

I must seem pathetic for putting this, but let me explain. I managed to tank all 3 other trainers in his tower with a single RENTAL Lapras. Then I got to Brock, saw his Pokemon, danced around a little, and picked Lapras, Ivysaur, and Wartortle. The battle started and he led off with Onix. Easy win, so I picked Bubblebeam. Onix was faster, so it went first. It used Bind. Remember how in the first generation, Bind kept you from doing anything? I do too. I switched out to Ivysaur, he switched to Vulpix, I switched to Lapras, I beat Vulpix, he sent out Kabuto, I beat that too, and he sent Onix out again. No matter what I did, it always attacked first with Bind. It was only a stroke of luck when it missed and I managed to attack.

4: Armaros Manifest (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Up until the Phantom battle leading up to Arumat joining, I didn't do two things: Train Faize, or use Blindsides. Turns out Arumat's level is equal to Faize's, so he came into a level 44 party at level 28. I managed to get him up to 33 before the Armaros Manifest boss fight, where I (switching to present tense because I haven't gotten past it) keep control of him. My party's pretty balanced with Arumat, Lymle, Bacchus, and Reimi, but that doesn't matter at ALL in this fight.

For those who don't know, this battle is against a giant magical bug and its little bug lackeys. Said lackeys have the ability to cast Silence (preventing you from using any abilities) and Earth Glaive (very, very low chance of dodging it). Normal attacks don't do more than 100 damage to Armaros Manifest. The only way to actually hurt it is to pull off a Blindside so it exposes its weak point and get in a few good attacks (Arumat's Unholy Maelstrom does a little over 12,000). This must be done while dodging area attacks, keeping the rest of the party alive, and killing off the smaller enemies.

-facedesk-

3: Gabriel Celesta (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

Anyone who's had to face him hates him. He has 2.5x the HP of the final main game boss, he's quick, he's hard to stun, and his attacks suck. I managed to beat him with a level 150-ish party, and that was just barely. I went back when everyone was 255, and I lost. And I lost again. And I gave up on him. There are some things you're supposed to remember, like guarding against Lightning Feather, but it's hard to focus on that in the middle of battle.

2: Lenneth (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

Welcome to difficult. Even though she's a little version of her true form, she's a major pain. I stared blankly at the tv for a good ten minutes after she wiped out my whole party with one attack. It took me a few months or so (most of which was spent reading strategies and watching battle videos), but I finally beat her.

Oh, she has 7,000,000 HP.

1: Freya (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

You get a Battle Trophy for beating her in under half an hour. Just...watch.
    THE hardest boss ever.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Oh, god.

5. Kefka: Final Fantasy VI

He is a bastard. 4 tiers of battle, no form having less then 20,000 HP (Sans Lady), and is quite happy with abusing Heartless Angel (Reduces all party members to 1 HP). Now, I admit, I could have had an easier time if I trained a bit more, but even so, this boss was still one of the hardest I've fought.

4. Omega, FF1:

A weaker version of the FFV form, yes, but still tough. This thing will tank almost every attack, and it will blast you for at LEAST 700 damage (You can have only 999 HP), and can spread that out throughout your entire party.

3. Red, Pokemon G/S (Severely underlevelled only)

Yeah, you might be surprised I put him so far up. Try fighting him with a party between Lv. 42 and 50. He is incredibly hard then. Most of his attacks will one-shot you in this fight, and he isn't too bad at playing the waiting game, either. Status ailments are your best friend in this fight.

2. Nitori, Touhoumon Scarlet Emerald:

Yeah, this is my number two. This WILL change soon, but it is bad. Her team is composed of mostly legendary-like puppets, including AVIVIT, which is something you can't get without cheats. Her moves are powerful, and she has quite a bit of power. Oh, did I mention her team is Lv. 90-94? Because that's important, too. You'll NEED Full Restores and Revives to win this fight. I went in with only 2 good puppets, though.

And something tells me that the final boss of this game is even harder, but this fight scared me off of even that one.

1. Nega Filgaia: Wild ARMS 3

Oh dear god. With this cheap attack, it's easy to beat, but otherwise? It's pretty hard. You first have to fight Beatrice (18,000 HP), then Red/Blue Filgaia (8,000 each), then some weird form that I can't remember what it does. (18,000) The real fight starts there as it transforms into a slime form (5,800), it can't be hurt by bullets, you need to use Magic.

Then it transforms into four lizards. (5,800 each) Touch them with bullets, and they heal right up, touch them with their weakness and they switch. You need to beat them in ONE shot, else they will recover. The next form is it transforming into two dinosaurs (8000 each), they're easy, though one completely heals them, and they like to cast buffs.

The next form is no joke, Dragon Nega Filgaia (24,000 HP), will easily, and readily, cast Arcana Disaster on you, which is to use eight attacks on you that, by themselves, wouldn't be too bad, but together, will ruin you. Not to mention that it gets more resistant to magic as it goes on. The next form is Claw Dragon Nega Filgaia (28,000 HP), which is ridiculiously easy... until the 7th turn, when it restarts the ENTIRE battle. All the progress you made up till' now? Gone in an instant.

Three forms to go. What is there left to do? Oh, how about Spirit Nega Filgaia (12,000 HP), this form is cheap. You have to attack its main self, but it has two servants, one with Max DEF and one with Max SpDEF, which WILL block your attacks. Also, desroy the servants, and Nega Filgaia brings them back at full power.

Two forms left, and this next one, Angel Nega Filgaia (13,000 HP), is the same as the last form. And then the final form, Yggdrasil Nega Filgaia (30,000 HP) will spawn these tentacle things that Maximize a stat. It makes it immune to an element, AND they can attack you with a powerful attack. It does this once a turn, so yeah.

And if you don't get the secret garden, you probably won't have much healing items, and as far as I can remember, healing spells suck in this game. You want the resistances maxed out, or this thing will pwn you. I never used resistances, which is why this thing pwned me so hard.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Panthera Cantus from TWEWY on Ultimate without maxed stats and all that.

Dang, his dash attack hits like 700, and his kick hits like 3.5k, a third of the highest possible max HP you have. I had like 4k HP at the time. None of my friends beat it without cheap juggling tactics; only I did it legitimately.

It was, however, the most awesome experience once I started to get a feel for his attack pattern, really took advantage of the Dash and slowly chipped away his HP (ON BOTH SIDES! This was one of the most even battles I've ever fought in terms of my damage compared to my partner's). It was awesome.

Back