• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Boss?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I never did beat Final Fantasy X's boss Sin, at least I think that is who I got stuck on.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Let's see...
    There's Dullahan from golden sun 2
    Sturm from the first advance wars ( he was dead easy in the second one)
    Tabuu.
    Chairman Drek from the first ratchet & clank, most difficult boss in the entire series
    Cackletta from Mario & Luigi superstar saga.
    Etrian oddesey.. not just the final boss, this entire game is extremely difficult.
    That's all for now I guess

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
    Tabuus extremely difficult on intense mode in ssbb but primal dialga goes down like a little puppy with 2 broken legs as long as your lead pokemon knows dig but for me its probably bosses that are from horror games mostly because I spend too much time running like hell so that they dont devour me in some gross way that will make me have nightmares that night and hurl whenever I hear its name for example the saw game:pighead=CREEPY!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Let's see

1. The Boost Guardian (Metroid Prime 2) Dear god, you ahve maybe 3 Energy tanks at this point and your stuck in a room on Dark Aether with out a safe zone. Effectively, your losing HP constantly and the boss your facing can bounce around the room making it hard as hell to hit him.

2. Defeating Lavos in the Ocean Palace [not Dark Omen] (Chrono Trigger) This battle is meant to be night impossible. Still did it though... at level ** with a ton of Megalixrs and revives.

3. Culex (Super Mario RPG) Honestly, took me several years to beat this guy, but I did it.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Let's see

1. The Boost Guardian (Metroid Prime 2) Dear god, you ahve maybe 3 Energy tanks at this point and your stuck in a room on Dark Aether with out a safe zone. Effectively, your losing HP constantly and the boss your facing can bounce around the room making it hard as hell to hit him.

2. Defeating Lavos in the Ocean Palace [not Dark Omen] (Chrono Trigger) This battle is meant to be night impossible. Still did it though... at level ** with a ton of Megalixrs and revives.

3. Culex (Super Mario RPG) Honestly, took me several years to beat this guy, but I did it.

Culex was easy! I beat him on the first try!

CptnSmonge

Pineapple Pirate
    Years
    I've heard Dullhan mentioned at least twice from GS 2, I want to not only agree but also add Valukar (I think) to the list. He is nowhere near as ungodly, but that Djinn setting and Summon stealing demon made for a challenging fight. Additionally from the first Golden Sun, there was Deadbeard on Crossbone Isle which for being the first game was insanely difficult without extreme grinding to levels you would normally complete the second game with.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    One of the hardest bosses I ever fought was a side boss. Erde Kaiser Sigma from Xenosaga III.
    Spoiler:

Though once I discovered using the other Erde Kaiser against him works wonders...

One that wasn't HARD but was a good fake-out boss was Omega Id from the same game.
    Spoiler:

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    not hard, but i've recently i've been really pissed off by azazel in tekken 6.
    If you want to get all the characters endings, you have to vs him so many times. Plus he doesn't play by the rules, he can block while he is doing an attack.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Living Ice from Lost Odyssey. If you didn't bother to train certain people, such as Ming or Mack, then this fight was incredibly difficult. Let me tell you the situation.

You have four party members; that's great. The downside is that they're all mages, save for Mack who I didn't use AT all until this fight.

You can't go back and level up or train them or anything; you have to progress forward, so it's possible to get stuck at this boss. Also, two of the party members you use in this battle you get RIGHT before the battle starts; as soon as you get them, the battle with the boss starts.

Also, the boss has an auto-reflect ability that reflects all magic cast on him; it's random on whether he uses it or not, but still, it makes the fight even more difficult.

Finally, it uses All-Aquara, which is basically the equivalent of casting a Blizarra on the entire party.

The only real strategy is to ram away at him with Mack, the non-mage; like I said though, I didn't touch him for most of the game until this point, where I had to use him, so I was forced to use regular old items to take the boss out.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    She's not that hard. But, since the first time I played the game when I was....11 or 12? Till this very day, Gruntilda in Banjo-Kazooie always manages to give me a whooping.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    Sephiroth in KH2 - Yes... I STILL haven't beaten him yet - Damn Heartless Angel >.>

Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy VII was bad if you didn't know what you were doing (Final Attack/Phoenix Materia = Godsend)

As of typing this, I've yet to beat Emerald Weapon, I remember fighting him once and getting beaten almost straight away. So Imma going to level up a lot more before I even think of taking him on.

(Yes, also a SE fanboy >.>)

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    From the videos I've seen (I'm... really bad at the series -_-), Yukari Yakumo from Perfect Cherry Blossom (Touhou 7)'s Phantasm Stage is pretty far up on the list of incredibly difficult boss fights.

The entire stage revolves around making you want to just end it then and there.

And...

Yukari's not known as the strongest youkai for nothing.

And the lasers... Static objects are responsible for more deaths than the bullets, I'm sure!

Years
    No More Heroes 2 - Batt Jr.'s second form in Bitter mode. Been trying it for months to no avail. Bloody warp-punches. >.<

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Yunalesca In FFX she was a Bit*h lol and umm Hammer man in Resident evil 5 the first time he is more just a pain. And probably Spehroith in KH1 not 2 in 2 he was easy

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Toughest Bosses!

What were the 5 most toughest bosses that you have ever played? Was it Bowser, or Neo Cortex? Which bosses left you tearing you hair out and pulling your skin?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    They aren't in any particular order, but...

1. This, from Bomberman 64:
    Hardest Boss?

It was really difficult as a kid because I couldn't figure out that you had to damage the arms. I actually quit playing the game for a while because of that boss. >_<

Though thinking about it makes me want to play the game again. :P

2. That stupid pumpkin boss thing in KH: 258/2 days. This:
    Hardest Boss?

I hate you Leechgrave..... HATE YOU!!!!!! >_<

3. The final time you face Bass in Megaman Battle Network 3. He was annoying because he has that darn aura that you have to do 200 damage to to take it off, and then the rest of the fight was probably a pain too. He's shown here:
    Hardest Boss?

4. Sephiroth, for reasons stated at bottom of my post. Y'all know what he looks like. >_<

5. The last boss (Or bosses, more like), from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I remember beating one of the games, doing that transfer thing to the other game, and the last boss there was ridiculous. I think it's because it was made partly by Capcom, so the boss of course had many forms and was a pain. I don't think I ever did beat it...... >_<

i don't think I can find a picture of those ones. I think the most frustrating out of those was the Bass one, as I think I only had one chip that did 200 damage, and I didn't know how to combo very well.

Also:
    1. Tabuu - SSBB

After looking up what he looks like, I must say he looks a lot like Tron, lol.

>Sephiroth

Holy crap, how could i forget that guy. >_<

I never did beat him in KH1, and he was a pain in KHII, but at least I eventually beat him in that one. *Edits original 5*

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Those would be:
    -The Rahkshi from Bionicle Heroes
    -The Piraka/Vezon from above game
    -Berserker Lord from Metroid Prime 3 (first time around)
    -Mummipokey from Super Mario Bros (DS; first time)
    -Mimi and Dimentio from Super Paper Mario Wii

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    In no particular order;-
    - Anubis Final Battle (Zone of the Enders - The 2nd Runner)
    For anyone who's played this game, they'll know this guy is a pain in the ass. He resists your attacks really well, while his own attacks are EXTREMELY devastating. I remember spending FOUR HOURS trying to beat this boss the first time I played this game.
    - Omega Pirate (Metroid Prime)
    Omega Pirate is just horrible. The concept is simple but he's incredibly hard to beat.
    - Demyx Data (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix)
    It's not the actual fight itself that makes this hard, but the Water Forms. Even though I know the correct strategy for taking them out, I still find this fight incredibly hard.
    - Xemnas Datas (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix)
    This one is hard because you have to go through Both of Xemnas' forms in one sitting, which is why I consider this the hardest data fight in KH2.
    - Neochu w/o cheap Death tactic (Final Fantasy XIII)
    Probably the hardest boss in FFXIII. There is a cheap death tactic you can use to beat this guy really quickly, but without it, he's a real pain to beat.

Back