• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Boss?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: Discuss who's the hardest boss in gaming.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY'S PRIMEVIL

90000 Life (attacks do around 1k each on average). He has elemental attacks that one-shot everyone on your team no matter how good your gear is and the only way to resist it is to predict what attack he will use with your tank character and use the appropriate Anticold, Antivolt, or Antifire spell (to negate the damage and absorb it). Later on, he gains "binding" spells which, if it lands on your tank or your medic, it's probably game over, since you won't be able to cast protective spells anymore. Then, if that weren't enough, when he reaches around 10% life, he will cast a spell called "Necrosis" which will instantly kill all your party members no matter what. FML

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Not a boss per se, but I had trouble fighting Demyx in Kingdom Hearts II. Umm...second fight in Hollow Bastion took 16 tries. Then I figured out you could change your keyblade...thanks, Monochrome!

And the final boss in Mother 3.

Spoiler:

And, another "not boss", but I died a million times on the mini-boss in Twilight Princess when you're in the Goron Mines. It's not even hard. So...I'm just stupid. I kept running around the area like a dumbass and putting the iron boots on at the wrong time, and I couldn't throw the Goron into the lava because I was too close to the middle.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    hmm thats a hard one...
    the crab from castlevania order of ecclesia is pretty hard. took me about an hour and a half to beat, maybe 2.
    i was playing street fighter before and was getting really frustated at trying to beat seth. although i found it hard, it doesnt mean much considering i suck at the game so much. XD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The Boss (no pun intended, that's the characters codename) in MGS3 just because it breaks into a cutscene when you win where it gets all emotional, then instead of letting the cutscene shoot her, you have to press square :(

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I wouldn't say it's the hardest, but the Big Boo in Luigi's Mansion is pretty tough.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Weapon XI - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    now he was very difficult.
    Spoiler:

well I know there is probably more that I can think of,I can't remeber them at the moment.

Last edited:

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I tried it once at my friend's... Lingering Sentiment in KHII:FM+. That boss was evil. My friend had his characters maxed out, and I still died not even a minute or so into the fight.

Another boss is Minerva in Crisis Core. I don't even wanna think about that one. It's scary. 90 mil HP, if memory serves, and your weapons can only do a max of 9999 unless you have a specific sphere equipped. Her attacks are so powerful that pretty much any of them can one shot you if you aren't careful, and she has an attack that's more annoying than Sephiroth's Heartless Angel attack.

(If you guys can't tell, I'm an SE fanboy)

Years
    How is that possible, OP, how do you beat it at all?

Not a boss exactly but in GRID (Racing game), I could never beat the Ravenwest team, they always were faster and if you somehow got ahead with pure skill then you couldn't hold them up as they're aggressive tactics came in and they knocked you out the way.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    How is that possible, OP, how do you beat it at all?

Not a boss exactly but in GRID (Racing game), I could never beat the Ravenwest team, they always were faster and if you somehow got ahead with pure skill then you couldn't hold them up as they're aggressive tactics came in and they knocked you out the way.

Gotta give everyone items that resist Binding and OHKO and then HOPE, really, really HOPE that everything goes well. He's super weak to attacks so he'll take a lot of damage no matter what attack you use, but his sheer amount of HP and the fact that you can't use buffs or debuffs makes it a battle of just luck :(

kasabian_

Good bye
    Years
    Mine, unfortunatly, was Baby Bowser with his hammer-thingy.
    He had 'enemy-detecting' Bullet Bills, and massive hands that would be breat for flattening stuff like me and Yoshi into Pancake batter. D:

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Well, I have one that everyone else thought was really hard, though it's not exactly a boss. When you spar with the old man on Outset Island in Wind Waker, the goal is to hit him 999 times before he hits you three times. Everyone complained about how hard it is... I got it on my first try.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    From personal experience, SMT: Devil Survivor's Lucifer and Disgaea's Prinny Baal really really suck. I never have beaten them legitimately.

For reference, Prinny Baal has roughly 13 million HP. Literally. the grinding alone could stretch on for months.
    Anything Atlus touches is crazy tough, I suppose.

Last edited:

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Cackletta's final form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga!

Her attack's were so irritating to dodge, and she would always murder me -__- It took me several tries to beat her...

Her attacks would change out of no where, and I would be mashing buttons on my GBAsp like crazy..

Years
    Professor K in the Lost Odyssey DLC is insanely hard for my level 80+ party. I still haven't beat him yet, and I'm working on getting everyone in my party to level 95 at least.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Well, I have one that everyone else thought was really hard, though it's not exactly a boss. When you spar with the old man on Outset Island in Wind Waker, the goal is to hit him 999 times before he hits you three times. Everyone complained about how hard it is... I got it on my first try.

Ahhh give me my heart container :(

Cackletta's final form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga!

Her attack's were so irritating to dodge, and she would always murder me -__- It took me several tries to beat her...

Her attacks would change out of no where, and I would be mashing buttons on my GBAsp like crazy..

Oh! I remember that boss~
    I loved that game, but I haven't played it much since my first run-through. The battle wasn't so hard imho, but it took me a few tries to master her attacks :)

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Ahhh give me my heart container :(
    If I remember correctly, you don't get a piece of heart for 999 hits; you get it for only 500. If you get 999, I think you get a high-value rupee. That kind of annoyed me, as I would rather have had a piece of heart.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    It would be really hard to choose one since there are lots of hard boss fights.

One that I found hard was fighting Belias in Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions. He was much stronger than me at that point in the game, and he also had those monster with him that were really annoying. It took me a while to beat him.

Other bosses that I found hard would be Zodiark from Final Fantasy XII, he was just really powerful, too bad he's not as good when you can use him, the Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII, maybe the strongest Ultima Weapon in the Final Fantasy series, and Vargas from Final Fantasy VI, when you get to him you just have to train a good bit. There's also Tyrant from Breath of Fire IV, the Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII, Penance from Final Fantasy X, Dark Yojimbo from Final Fantasy X, and there's a lot more hard bosses, I don't think I would be able to pick the hardest.

Back