• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest Gym Leader?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • Ooh, I despised Morty. Few of my Pokémon knew attacks that worked against him, and they were all very underleveled. Beat him on the first try, but if he hadn't kept using Curse I would have lost.

azuta

The Natural Trainer
    Years
  • Whitney was my hardest fight. Since at the start I already planed to only use six specific pokemon and no others. All I have at the time was Bayleaf,Pidgotto and Ledian so I got wipe a few times with rollout >.>

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • definitely Clair for me, I had to restart the match a few times, in the end I only had my Lv 30-something crobat against her Kingdra, it kept using some move that lowers stats over and over again (can't remember which move it was) and eventually my Crobat killed kingdra just coz she was so retarded and didn't use any physical attacks :S

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, this time round, Clair.

My highest levelled pokemon was Explotaro (lv.47 Typhlosion). Luckily, her Gyarados didn't knock Ambipom out before it passed 2 agilitys to my Sudowoodo, who took out all but Kingdra with Life Orb-boosted STAB Rock Slide.

Sudowoodo actually took on all of Lance's team, with sleep support from Politoed, bar Gyarados, who was stalled out by Sunflora, somehow.

But Kingdra was horrible. In the end, I switched Politoed in on a Hydro Pump intended for Typhlosion, healing some hp, survived a Dragon Pulse, hit it with Hypnosis, switched out, Sunflora Leech-Seeded, used Sunny Day, switched for Ambipom, who passed Agility boosts to Typhlosion, who got hit by a Dragon Pulse, leaving him with 1 hp, but somehow got a through a 4x resist with his Blast Burn on Kingdra (luckily, it was a crit), who missed with Hydro Pump, and got taken out by Leech Seed.

Needless to say, I was terrified of Lance ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    Bugsy killed my SS Nuzlocke run on my first playthrough. I SEVERELY underestimated the power of STAB U-turn on her Scyther, and it completely tore through my marginally underlevelled team. On my second run through I taught Rock Tomb to my Croconaw, levelled my Zubat till it learned Wing Attack, and it became a lot easier from then on.

I've also had a lot of difficulty fighting Morty and Clair during my normal playthroughs. Morty's Gengar is a genuine threat in HG/SS if you don't have the right strategy, sort of like Fantina's Mismagius in Platinum, and so, of course, is Clair's Kingdra. As everyone in this thread seems to know, that thing is a BEAST. Nuff said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Ooh, I despised Morty. Few of my Pokémon knew attacks that worked against him, and they were all very underleveled. Beat him on the first try, but if he hadn't kept using Curse I would have lost.
    I just used syther against him and i won. He Ko'd everything until gengar then my quilava jumped in

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pryce and his rest + Sleep Talking Dewgong was as annoying as possible. I had to grund my Flaaffy up like five levels in order to evolve it for a power boost. >_>

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • None of the leaders put up that much of a fight for me...
    Really Whitney was the only one, cause she beat me one time.

But then I decided to take a break and walk my Quilava around the town with me for a week, 7 levels really made a difference...

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Pryce and his rest + Sleep Talking Dewgong was as annoying as possible. I had to grund my Flaaffy up like five levels in order to evolve it for a power boost. >_>
    he was easy since my Amphoros could take him and his momthswine went down in one flame wheel like it always does.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Whitney!!! She was really annoying just using stomp WHICH MAKES YOU FLINCH EVERY SECOND!! and she used attract which made it more hard

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • WHITNEY THAT BISH.

Her and her Miltank. I stayed up until 3am on a schoolnight trying to beat her. {Yes, I have an exciting life. -___-}

Back