• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Pokémon Gym Type?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
    Hardest Pok?mon Gym Type?

So we all know the more difficult gym leaders, like Sabrina, Whitney, Clair and Elesa. All of these women specialize in different types. That got me thinking. Which type is the hardest to face in gym leaders? I would like to hear your opinions as well.

For me, this would be the normal type. Pretty much all normal type gym leaders were savage. They were dangerous and very difficult.

Whitney... Do I even need to say anything? Her clefairy can unleash deadly moves with her metronome, and her Miltank has very strong stats for this point in the game. Her miltank also has very trolly moves like Milk drink, Stomp and Attract.

Norman has 2 slakings, which have stats comparable to legendaries. They are very hard to take down. In Emerald, he also had a Spinda with psybeam to counter your fighting types.

Lenora's herdier wasn't particulairly hard to take care of. However, then she sends out her Watchog. It has 2 devistating moves. Hypnosis and Retaliate. Retaliate's power doubles when her previous pok?mon just fainted. Most of the time, one retaliate is enough to kill one of your pok?mon at this point. And with hypnosis, she tries to make your pok?mon sleep so she can kill you while she is safe from your attacks.

Cheren was the first gym leader in Black and White 2. While his team may not seem like much, don't be cocky! Both of his pok?mon know work up, which may prove DEVESTATING to your pok?mon if you don't kill them quick. I have been wiped by this before, several times.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I've had a tough time with some Normal types as well. Thankfully Normal Gyms are not all that common but when I do have to fight them it can be tough to take down a bunch of super bulky Pok?mon with a single weakness. I also don't always use a Fighting-type on my team so it's tricky.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I doubt normal-types gives me bit rough time, since I don't offend bring fighting time it be most stress full, but normal gyms are many and only bit of a few per gen.

Years
    I'm on the bandwagon that agrees with Normal-type Gyms being the scariest. The type is extremely versatile and is also known for a lack of weaknesses, making them hard to counter.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Going to agree and say normal! I had a lot of difficulty with Whitney and Norman the first time I played through HG/SS and Emerald. I didn't have a fighting type so it made it harder to cut through Slaking and Miltank's bulk. Since my pokemon were also quite frail, they did a lot of damage in one attack which made them hard to fight against. Thankfully I always managed to pull through both of those gyms with the help of lots of healing items. :D

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    Majority rules, hey? Normal Type gyms can be rough if you're not ready, and since quite a few of them are fairly early on, you can certainly be under prepared. Whitney can be a nightmare...

Years
    Yeah almost forgot about Normal types, they're pretty tough! Dragon and the Psychic gyms are hard too, so any of those three for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Sabrina gave me a very hard time due to how strong her Psychic Pokemon were. Clair was very hard to beat due to her pokemon being Dragon types.

Back