• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest Unova Gym Leader

Which Gym Leader gave the hardest challenge for you?

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I found Iris to be the hardest...took me three tries but in the third try she feel easily like the rest of the gym leaders before her ^_^
    I always lost to her last pokemon "Haxorus"...dumb underleveled "Haxorus" >_<

Pidgeotto

Fly Spammer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hmmm. I'll have to go with Drayden/Isis. I always seemed to have a Pokemon that could deal with the other Gym Leaders.

I think my hardest challenge in the game was one of the later fights against Bianca. I don't know if I was just having an off day, but she nearly annihilated me.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    To be honest, I really had a hard time dealing with the Nacrene's Gym Leader.. Kinda forget her name but she uses normal-types. That Retaliate and Take Down is a pain in the ass

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    Iris. I almost LOST to her, man!
    I was soooooooooo damn scared!
    I never lost in PKMN games in my whole life!

Luckily, with Samurott left, I was able to spam her
    Dragons with Ice Beams.

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    The hardest gym leader was elesa. It was that volt switch that got me!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    the only gym i lost at was lenoras my god i could not stand retaliate! i also found the first gym a challange as my only pokemon was tepig but i made it work ;)

Last edited:

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Totally Lenora. Retaliate = PURE EVIL.
    Elesa was the easiest for me. It's so easy, just keep using your strongest move(s) and she'll be gone before you know it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I don't think any of them were that hard, the hardest for me would have probably been Skyla and Burgh though. I lost to both once, so yeah XD But I didn't think the crazys were hard at all.

lol this April fools stuff makes my post sound like nonsense.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    The Nacrene leader took the longest time to beat, but she was still easy for me. All I had to do was stall with Roggenrolla. I didn't have much trouble with the other leaders at all, but I did with Ghetsis. Dear lord, Ghetsis! His stupid Hydreigon practically swept through my team like a knife through butter!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm totally going with Clay here. His Excadrill's Bulldoze was an instant-KO for everything I had except for my in-training Ducklett, which got OHKO'd by a Rock Slide instead. >:[

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
    None of the trainers/gym leaders/elitefour/Anyone,except Ghetsis! He took me 10 minutes to defeat!!!!He nearly killed all my pokemon but i stalled and revived em,and slowly killed his pokemon using toxic,and...Even though none of the gym leaders me much trouble,Elesa kept using Volt switch! I was like "c`mon die!!!!!!" And she healed when i got her pokemon to the red zone =_=" She wasnt hard though,just annnoying!!!!!Oh and how did Ghetsis have a freakin Zoroark?!

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Lenora. She is the only gym leader I lost to, and that was due to her damn Watchog's Hypnosis and my lack of status-restoring items.

Years
    I have yet to beat the 8th Gym Leader but I don't expect them to be much of a challenge considering they'll only be using dragon-type Pokémon. The toughest battle with a Gym Leader I've had in Pokémon Black has got to be Lenora. Her Watchog spammed Hypnosis and was on the verge of raping my team before I finally decided to use Full Heals to wake up instead of just waiting it out like I normally do. The rest of the Gym Leaders were pretty standard; nothing too difficult, especially in Skyla's case.

Back