• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Saw the movie a few days ago :) and well happy that i did! Great movie imo, probably the best out of the franchise yet, well directed, great action and all building up to a great final film :) Can't wait for part II to come ;o

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Post subject to spoilers, you've been warned, in small print n~n
    Seen this last week, I was also tempted to write a review on it and post it here, however I feel that not having read the book would fracture the consistency of the analysis. With that said, I'm quite a large fan of the movies, and have yet to have not enjoyed one. This was no exception. However, with the latter statements, I feel that it was most certainly a film you would not enjoy had you not seen prior films, in saying that, not a great number of people who haven't been following the previous installments would have gone to see it anyway. The interesting this is, I found the film to be quite visual in a different way. Without the usual Hogwarts grounds making much of an appearance, it gave way to more challenges to the director of photography. We seen a lot more environment and less set work or man made environments. This was the work of the new director of photography.

I did notice however, that there was a contradiction. When Ron destroyed the Horcrux, he stated that there was only "three to go", however, there was 8 in total, 4 of which had been destroyed, so there was still 4 left. I decided to google it to see was I missing something, but it turns out that they made a mistake in that regard. Rookie error in my opinion.

There was also a flash back to when Voldemort killed Harry's parents. However, Voldemort was shown as his broken self, which doesn't make sense as he was still human at this point, rather than the snake like figure we see in the film. Also in Godric's Hollow, none of the characters (Harry, Hermione etc.) had their breath showing, despite the snow on the ground and the obvious low temperatures.

There are several little plot holes and continuity mistakes in the film, but by large I enjoyed it quite a lot. I've been informed that the second half should be a lot more action based. I did also miss Hogwarts however, I miss the fact that they were students so it kind of brought my emotions to a stand stead when I seen they were all alone. Some heartbreaking scenes such as Hermione having to leave her parents and the death of Hedwig & Dobbie, the film felt a lot more serious and emotional this time around. However, necessary due to Dumbledore dying in the previous film.

I eagerly away the second film to be true, I rather hope that John Williams composes the soundtrack, though that's wishful thinking to be true. All in all I'd give it high marks, a little over 4 stars. Worth the watch if you're any way a fan of the HP fanatic.

Years
  • I went and saw it on opening night.
    I liked it, I think the darker the films have been getting, the more I am liking them.
    My favourite character right from the start has been Voldemort, but then I always support the bad guy in all these sorts of things, its just the way I operate.
    I havent liked alot of the movies though, they havent stuck to the books and that killed it a little bit for me. Which is why I think they have decided to make the last book into 2 movies. There's so much to include from the book, and they want to do it all and finish the series really well and thats a good thing.

Personally, I loved the parts of the movie with Nagini, did anyone else notice that Nagini was the only one to actually really eat anything (more or less) for the whole movie?

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I wasn't particularly satisfied with it. It didn't feel like it was a complete Harry Potter movie (obviously), but it was missing a lot of the characters, and they didn't even peek their heads into Hogwarts.

Oh well, needless to say, I'm excited for part two. =)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I saw it the first day it came out in IMAX! Im a really big fan, im read all the books and got all the DVD's out so far.
    I had to have a blood test in the morning so I missed a bit of school and with my mum being so nice, after she let my older brother take me to watch it 1pm show (Missed a whole day of school, said I was ill xD)

I did really enjoy the book. I was really suprised at where they finnished, it's like three quaters the way though the book, I wonder if they are going to be focusing alot of the battle of hogwarts. I thought the Harry and Hermione dance scene was cute.

Did anyone find it weird at the part where harry opens the locket for ron and theres an illusion of Harry and Hermione makin' out naked xD

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • "What am I gonna do? My wife's all alone downstairs!"
    "Ron, you don't have a wife."

I laughed so hard at that x3

I watched the movie about a week ago and I laughed, cried and enjoyed this movie a lot. I can't wait to see the next part to this movie.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • Saw it last night. THIS is what I've been wanting from the last three HP movies: sticking to the books. I guess you get that freedom when you do it in two parts, and also you can't really chop anything out of this one. There were a few things I disliked about it though: the awkward and unnecessary dance scene; the fact that all of these people that Harry has actually met before he has needed to meet for the first time since they've been cut from the other movies; Dobby's cameo in Grimmald Place; and the fact that they burned down the Burrow in the last film and now it's back again. Also tbh the way they changed the plan in the beginning made no sense whatsoever. I did think the way they presented The Tale of the Three Brothers was quite awesome.

Overall I think it thoroughly deserves the 8/10 it has atm on imdb.

Back