• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Search for "x and y models" on Google, then enter the second result. :) The site is in Spanish, though, so if you are unsure of something, use Google Translate.

Years
That's a really good animation. I also love the animation for Spinda.

file.php

All day. Alllll day.

It's using the Drunken master style lol

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
i don't like tailow and spearow. Spearow doesn't look right to me. and tailow just looks like a small fat blob

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
Since pokemon silver Typhlosion was always my favourite pokemon. His sprite was always cool. In pokemon b/w his sprite wasn't that cool anymore. He didn't pose anymore like "come at me bro" and now he just stands there and no flames. Btw i got to see typhlosion via battle maison.

Bartholomew

Snug Rungs
Years
One thing I thought looked kind of awkward was Charmeleon in 3D. Its posture is kind of stilted. It doesn't look comfortable.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Search for "x and y models" on Google, then enter the second result. :) The site is in Spanish, though, so if you are unsure of something, use Google Translate.

The second site on Google for that search is called....businessballs. Nothing to do with pokemon.

Do you have a link or a site name?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Now that there are more movement in their sprites at least they give a feel of how it was like in the stadium games and also they look more alive and we can finaly see them full sprite/complete in a portable game console; I guess we can expect more improvement in future games, right now, in my opinion, even if some sprites looks weird, we have finaly full movement sprites in a portable game console and we should be happy that we have them.

Last edited:
Years
Them feels begin when looking at Stunfisk now. Audino feels like a larger Espurr.

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I love the new models way better than the sprites. For one, more detail. The other aspect that I like about it is that they are now more proportional, you get to see their sizes much better.

Last thing, Galvantula .... that is all.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Mr. Mime. God, his new animation creeps me out.

Mr. Mime's new animation makes me actually kinda like the species even though I used to dislike it. It's so funny! {XD}

I can't stand Forretress floating in the air. Apparently it floated in Pokemon Stadium 2 and the anime? I guess it's accurate, yet I always imagined it being on the ground.

I don't like Purrloin being bipedal. Not very cute.

Beartic looks much better now that you can't see an outline for his, um, stomach hair.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
STUNFISK IS FLAT!!

I love that, he is so much fun!

Linune (zigzagoon evo) looks boring and lifeless in this version. Ursaring's arms just hang down doing nothing.

Some models got more attention, sure, but there are 700+ mons, and there are always sequels to fix boring models.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 3, 2014
Bastiodon. He looks terrible as a Sprite, yet as a 3D model he looks extremely BADASS!
I also like Maractus animation. I could watch it sway side-to-side for a long time.

However some I have taken a dislike too. Tropius and Salamence. The way they just float looks stupid, unnatural.

Years
The 3D models definitely changed my thoughts on some old Pokemon.

Stunfisk is a notable one, I don't like how flat he turned out. Sorry Stunfisk :(

But on the other hand, I did like how Mr. Mime's one depicts it acting like a real mime. Very clever job you did there, Game Freak.

And I know why Eelektross has Levitate, it's actually shown floating now as opposed to like, bouncing (what) in 5th Gen. Nice to see they made it better now.

Shelmet's one is kinda weird though, but I do like how it hilariously just tips over when it faints.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
What do you think of the models/animations of the new pokebank pokemon?

Misdreavus is so cute in pokemon amie, it does this adorable little giggle face. I also love porygons idle and battle animations.

Slakoth looks hilarious, he looks lazier than he's ever been.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
I haven't been able to use the 3d aspect of my 3ds due to my sensitive eyes :(

They talk about how looks the pokemon in 3d graphics, not the 3d of the console.

I hate the design for Typlosion, WHERE IS THE FIREEE? T.T this really makes me sad, also i love the design for Snivy, its so cuuute >.<

And i hate the stupid way is Salamence floating on the air too, it's just horrible.

Back