• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has 3D changed your opinion of any old pokemon? (Part II)

Years
I didn't know that, Thanks.

I will never stop playing the originals but the 3D animations as I said has ruined the DS games for me, I just can't go back to them now.

This!!! New Pokemon games, always ruin the old ones for me ;-; I'm just staring at them, wondering how I liked them lol

Unown look so playful now.
unown-november.gif
!

Years
This!!! New Pokemon games, always ruin the old ones for me ;-; I'm just staring at them, wondering how I liked them lol

Unown look so playful now.
unown-november.gif
!

I love that little touch, giving the Unown forms different animations with their models. I always feel like not every form difference is treated that way which feels like a shame to me.

They really added a lot of little extra details.

Gender differences to Pokemon have existed since 4th Gen, that's stuff like female Pikachu having a heart-shaped dent in its tail or certain Pokemon having a body part being bigger or smaller or in the case of the Hippopotas line, a different color.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
The DS games don't look all that awful, but it's definitely awkward going back to games like Black and White because of how different the new generation has made the games. It was a pretty dramatic jump if you ask me. For some reason, though, the GBA games don't phase me. :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Pidgeotto was drawn as a sprite in the classic games - in X and Y it adopts a more natural pose.

The 3D greatly gave justice. Besides Pokemon Colluseum (which for the most part utilised old models from the N64 Stadium game) this was the first story-based Pokemon game to boast a fully 3D battle environment. The animations are smooth - a lot better than I expected. The models are also very well done (and hence I enjoyed playing around with the Pokedex feature.)

Years
I think Pidgeotto looks ugly. It looks like an old lady trying to climb up the stairs. lol

pidgeotto.gif

Pidgeot looks nicer

pidgeot.gif

But still, I think they could've done them better.

Years
How can you not love Spinda's drunken idle animation?

spinda.gif

Guess it's pretty fitting given it ties into the fact it learns lots of confusion-inducing moves and has abilities based around confusion. God I just love how much more hilarious Spinda got in this game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think Pidgeotto looks ugly. It looks like an old lady trying to climb up the stairs. lol

pidgeotto.gif

Pidgeot looks nicer

pidgeot.gif

But still, I think they could've done them better.

If it were me, one thing I'd do is perhaps texturize its body a little more; that way, its feathers would be easier to view, causing Pidgeot to possibly look more realistic.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
I was at the Pokemon Village. I was fishing. Then a Poliwag arrived. It's nose moved really weirdly. Then I realise... "ALL THIS TIME IT WAS A MOUTH!?!" Now I think Poliwag look's creepy somehow. And that was the story of Adam and the Poliwag.

Side note, I reeeaaaally don't like how Pikachu said it's name now. I don't like how the Pokemon in the Anime say their name. I don't like Pikachu. Make it go away. :(

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
Personally a lot of pkmn grew on me, Politoad being my 2nd favorite and how you can catch it by fishing is awesome!! They improved and heard us, fans, in what we wanted and they delivered. My two cents.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I liked Hitmontop better on its head. It looks weird when it actually stands on its legs. On the other hand, Chandelure's flames look nice in 3D, while Budew's a lot cuter. I don't like Pikachu though - it looked better on all four legs, and its tail looks different to me in 3D.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
I liked Hitmontop better on its head. It looks weird when it actually stands on its legs. On the other hand, Chandelure's flames look nice in 3D, while Budew's a lot cuter. I don't like Pikachu though - it looked better on all four legs, and its tail looks different to me in 3D.

At first I thought this too but then I noticed its dancing and how can you not love it?
Hitmontop_XY.gif

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Kyogre dude, it is massive! I knew it was big, but didn't realize how big until the games. I love Kyogre.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Kyogre dude, it is massive! I knew it was big, but didn't realize how big until the games. I love Kyogre.
And the crazy thing is that Primal Kyorge is supposed to be even bigger.

Also, I agree with Marisa that Chandelure's flames look nice in 3D; its one of the few where the flames look good:

chandelure.gif

Years
And the crazy thing is that Primal Kyorge is supposed to be even bigger.

Also, I agree with Marisa that Chandelure's flames look nice in 3D; its one of the few where the flames look good:

chandelure.gif

Chandelure became one of my favorite Ghost type Pokemon! Look at the shiny too.. It's so awesome!

609.gif

Back