• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years

You are literally on FIRE!!! Gotta say gratz and wow. very wow.

I hope I get as lucky as you when i complete my dex :D

Thanks a lot! You can say that again :3 Yeah, really getting the hang of it now, so why stop? Have plenty of more Pokemon I want to get shiny, using Masuda Method ofcourse! ;)
I really hope you get some more luck when you have obtained the Shiny Charm too! :D

Currently at 120 Eggs for my Shiny Bulbasaur! Keep you guys updated!

Wow. I wish I had your luck. I've gone through about 90 Honedges and I STILL haven't found a Shiny.

Thanks! ^_^ Well, keep going! You will get it eventually, and when you do, it's so rewarding! You really need to be patient! :) My shiny Honedge took me exactly 720 Eggs, but I didn't have the Shiny Charm at that time ;) Good luck!

Years
I'm working on Gastly right now. I have a German and Jap Gastly in the daycare. Going to prep 4 boxes worth before moving on to a new job. Trying the tipping method since it may have gotten me Ralts and Machamp.

Shhmew

Years
What glitch is that? I was only asking because someone said somewhere that whether or not an egg is shiny is established from the moment it is generated so I was wondering if that held true to the parents too. Like if whether or not they were going to generate a shiny egg is established when they go in and only resets when they come out? If that question made ANY sense at all lol.

But from what I understand now, it changes with each egg they generate?
Nah, don't worry about that. As long as the parents have different language tags the odds are the same; they won't be "duds" unless you simply get unlucky.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
So it finally happened! After hatching over 2,000 eevee eggs with no shiny, I gave-up and completed my pokedex. After completing it, getting the Oval and Shiny Charms, I hatched around 30 more eevee eggs and got a shiny eevee!!
It's Female; Nature: Lax; Ability: Adaptability
Attack 6
Defense 6
Sp. Atk 6
Sp. Def 5
Speed 6

Moves:
Baton Pass
Double-Edge
Last Resort
Trump Card

I'm going to evolve it into an Umbreon

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Last night I hatched a shiny Mawile after about 400 eggs. It came out perfectly with 31/31/31/x/31/31 and has an Adamant nature with Intimidate.

I am incredibly jealous, congratulations on that! :D I love Mawile n_n but I haven't been able to get one to hatch shiny for me yet, especially not competitively!

Years
I managed to hatch a shiny phantump after 30 or so eggs. It was on the last egg I was going to hatch before I gave up too so I was pretty surprised. Thats my 3rd shiny in the game via MM

Shiny Goomy - 230 eggs
Shiny Skrelp - 14 eggs
Shiny Phantump - 30 eggs

I don't have a shiny charm either :P

Years
I got a Shiny Phione after 77 eggs!! No shiny charm, just tons of luck, because that day I also got Two Completely Random Shinies, Mime Jr. and Mantyke! Everyone on my Friend List was confused because my message was "AllTheShinyLuck!" {XD}

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
My first batch of a box-full of Fennekin eggs had no shinies.
Already prepared another box-full of eggs while on the bus heading to work.
Will hatch them later when I head home while on a bus. ^^
Hoping to hatch a shiny Fenny~~~

Years
Just hatched my first shiny Eevee ^^
It was the 775th egg that hatched, so happy! It is a male, docile, adaptability with 2 perfect IV's in HP and attack.
One Eevee down 7 to go :D

Last edited:

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
Bred a shiny Gible using Masuda Method, took about half a box. I guess I got pretty lucky.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2nd box-full of hatchling Fennys, and no shinies yet. =/
Aw well, going for a third and/or fourth box-full of Eggs this weekend. ^^

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
After 250 eggs, Shiny Froakie!! Male, Protean

Atck/Def/and both SP are 6 IV, Hp 11 and Speed 5.

Wow it's true how pleasuring is to hatch a shiny

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I was breeding a Mud Bomb Happiny and was using Wooper (->Skitty->Chansey) to pass the move along.

I had a Destiny Knot 6IV foreign Ditto in the daycare and bred two egg, figuring one would be male.

They were both female, and the second one was Shiny. No Shiny Charm, either. I flipped out lol That's Shiny #2 (Wild Tauros + Egg Wooper) for Gen VI! o___0!

IVs are 31/x/31/31/31/31 lol!

Back