• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
Years
Shhmew's listed method just worked for me in under 50 eggs (something like 23). I was completely shocked seeing as my luck with shiny pokemon has been nada (since they were introduced even).

LOL I am blown away.

Gonna try for evee's and some others tomorrow when its not 2 am :D Thanks Shhmew!!!

Please add me

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I feel obligated to post here, because...

I tried doing the two things I've heard people say make shinies more likely, and I got two shinies within about 50 eggs. This is what I did: Every time I turned on my game to hatch eggs, I would first go to Le Nah and tip
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
10,000. Then I'd go back to the daycare and take the parents out, then put them back in (first reteaching any egg moves if they forgot them).
How did you tip
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
10,000 in the lowest-ranking restaurant?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Usually, I save SOME of my hatched non-shinies in my boxes for Wonder Trade or Friends, but I release most of those Pokemon :3 around 90-95%

Shhmew

Years
Shhmew's listed method just worked for me in under 50 eggs (something like 23). I was completely shocked seeing as my luck with shiny pokemon has been nada (since they were introduced even).

LOL I am blown away.

Gonna try for evee's and some others tomorrow when its not 2 am :D Thanks Shhmew!!!
Happy to hear it worked for you! I wonder if it's really only a coincidence...
How did you tip
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
10,000 in the lowest-ranking restaurant?
All you have to do to tip 10,000 is to complete every kind of battle perfectly. Since Le Nah only has double battles, and everything is at a very low level, it's the easiest. (Le Wow has like double battles and triple battles and I think rotation battles.) For Le Nah, all I did was complete the Double Battles perfectly (in the exact amount of turns they specified) and I was able to tip 10,000 at the end.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
All you have to do to tip 10,000 is to complete every kind of battle perfectly. Since Le Nah only has double battles, and everything is at a very low level, it's the easiest. (Le Wow has like double battles and triple battles and I think rotation battles.) For Le Nah, all I did was complete the Double Battles perfectly (in the exact amount of turns they specified) and I was able to tip 10,000 at the end.
Weird. I must have overlooked the possibility. I'll go check it out!

Years
Hey, Shhmew. I got a question on how your method of finding Masuda Shinies works. I think I understand everything you said about going to Le Nah and getting perfect turns during the double battles so you can tip the 10,000. My question is do you have to have the parent Pokemon at the daycare when you pick up your game from where you left off?

I actually want to try this with my Pokemon X game since I have the Shiny Charm in that game from when I completed my National Pokedex.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Hey, Shhmew. I got a question on how your method of finding Masuda Shinies works. I think I understand everything you said about going to Le Nah and getting perfect turns during the double battles so you can tip the 10,000. My question is do you have to have the parent Pokemon at the daycare when you pick up your game from where you left off?

I actually want to try this with my Pokemon X game since I have the Shiny Charm in that game from when I completed my National Pokedex.
I've been trying it since my previous post. No shiny Pokemon yet, but I haven't hatched more than 20 I'd say (been busy cooking).

Shhmew

Years
I have no clue what has to happen, but after I tip at Le Nah I just go to the daycare where they're at, take them both out, then put them both back in.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
Does it make a difference to shiny breeding if you don't take the pokemon out of daycare between eggs? Like if I collected the egg and then just carried on skating until I got another and another and so on does it increase/decrease the chances or do you actually have to remove the pokemon and put them back in daycare between eggs?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Does it make a difference to shiny breeding if you don't take the pokemon out of daycare between eggs? Like if I collected the egg and then just carried on skating until I got another and another and so on does it increase/decrease the chances or do you actually have to remove the pokemon and put them back in daycare between eggs?

No you don't have to withdraw your pokemon from the daycare between eggs. If you're asking about the rumored glitch, you should only have to withdraw your pokemon after you've turned your game off.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Well, as I said, I really wanted to go for a Shiny Squirtle (Masuda Method), and I just hatched it on my 8th Egg! :D I immediately saw it was a shiny Squirtle, I really was surprised though, but I am extremely happy!
It's a male with Bold nature ^_^

The odds on my part concerning breeding with the Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm are now:
- Amaura (7 Eggs)
- Charmander (532 Eggs + Everstone)
- Eevee (28 Eggs)
- Squirtle (8 Eggs)

Since this is already my 4th Shiny since I obtained the charm using Masuda Method, I really think it may work with breeding as you can see from my results above! ^_^

I think I will be going with Bulbasaur next;), I will keep you guys updated! :3

CraftyCaroline

catching them all..
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 16, 2014
I managed to get a Japanese ditto simply by renaming a pokemon to "Japan ditto?" and then trading with Japanese bypassers. I showed them the pokemon named Japan ditto, and managed to get a foreign ditto on my first try.

now.. time to breed those shinies..

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
No you don't have to withdraw your pokemon from the daycare between eggs. If you're asking about the rumored glitch, you should only have to withdraw your pokemon after you've turned your game off.

What glitch is that? I was only asking because someone said somewhere that whether or not an egg is shiny is established from the moment it is generated so I was wondering if that held true to the parents too. Like if whether or not they were going to generate a shiny egg is established when they go in and only resets when they come out? If that question made ANY sense at all lol.

But from what I understand now, it changes with each egg they generate?

Sage Ebock

Squirtle Squad 4 life
Years
Well, as I said, I really wanted to go for a Shiny Squirtle (Masuda Method), and I just hatched it on my 8th Egg! :D I immediately saw it was a shiny Squirtle, I really was surprised though, but I am extremely happy!

The odds on my part concerning breeding with the Masuda Method and the Shiny Charm are now:
- Amaura (7 Eggs)
- Eevee (28 Eggs)
- Squirtle (8 Eggs)

Since this is already my 4th Shiny since I obtained the charm using Masuda Method, I really think it may work with breeding as you can see from my results above! ^_^

You are literally on FIRE!!! Gotta say gratz and wow. very wow.

I hope I get as lucky as you when i complete my dex :D

Years

- Amaura (7 Eggs)
- Eevee (28 Eggs)
- Squirtle (8 Eggs)

Wow. I wish I had your luck. I've gone through about 90 Honedges and I STILL haven't found a Shiny.

Back