• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    OMFG guess what i just got! Shiny gastly after 854 eggs. Im buzzing at the moment!!!!! And you know what makes it even better it has 5 Max ivs except attack.
    Wow thank you for keeping me motivated i was so close to giving up! Gl on your honedge man!

Woo congrats!! 854 is a painful number, but so worth it. Shiny Gastly looks awesome!

Years
    OMFG guess what i just got! Shiny gastly after 854 eggs. Im buzzing at the moment!!!!! And you know what makes it even better it has 5 Max ivs except attack.
    Wow thank you for keeping me motivated i was so close to giving up! Gl on your honedge man!

Here's the beauty.
    Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

Congrats mate I'm pleased for you and it has 5 max IVs, very nice :). I'm gonna attempt to hatch a shiny gastly for a friend after I've got my honedge.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    In B/W I hatched a shiny Oshawott in the third egg. Then, I saw that a shiny Greninja is super awesome, "Masuda can take some time, but I need to have this Greninja!" I said. And it really took some time, I got Froakie after 120 eggs. I did my work during free time periods. I hatched 45 eggs after school, took a break, then I hatched around 30 before going to sleep, I reached around 120 eggs having this style. Don't take it hard, hatch eggs, take a break, eat, sleep, study, then hatch again. :)
    My advice to those of you, never give up. If you guys are trying this is because you believe and have faith, keep the fire up and you will be jumping when that effort shiny pops-up. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Currently at 540 eggs and nothing yet. Will call it a night at 600eggs.

In other news I got a shiny jolly gyarados with 3ivs in hp def and spd, so I am not entirely in despair

Spoke too soon, finally got my shiny solosis on egg # 552!! Would post pics but forum wont let me till I have 15 posts

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
    I wanted to breed a shiny that actually has some competity use now.... I already have my 4-ivs scizor (got a lil bit unlucky on 4 max ivs only but lack of speed is not that big issue lol) hand he is a blast.... Do you guys have any other suggestions on a shiny mon which is both cool-looking and uber tier?

Years
    Wow!! Gratz dude, hope mine comes soon too :)

Woo congrats!! 854 is a painful number, but so worth it. Shiny Gastly looks awesome!

Congrats mate I'm pleased for you and it has 5 max IVs, very nice :). I'm gonna attempt to hatch a shiny gastly for a friend after I've got my honedge.

Thanks guys!!!! yeah its like my favourite pokemon ever now haha i was so shocked it had perfect IVs

And scott good luck with your honedge im gonna try and look for my next shiny not sure what it is haha =]

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Im tried Torchic with no luck, but Im trying Espurr right now but might try to get a shiny Eevee.

Atleast wonder trade helps get rid of all the duplicate pokemon you get from egg hatching :)

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Got a 100 eggs so far, Ill do another 100 today until I obtain my shiny Electrike and eventually shiny Manetric. I didn't even know shiny Manetric looked so cool, that's what really keeps me motivated.

Years
    Thanks guys!!!! yeah its like my favourite pokemon ever now haha i was so shocked it had perfect IVs

And scott good luck with your honedge im gonna try and look for my next shiny not sure what it is haha =]

Thanks mate, upto 500 eggs now and still at it :P. A shiny Eevee would be a pretty good choice given all the choices for evolution.

Got a 100 eggs so far, Ill do another 100 today until I obtain my shiny Electrike and eventually shiny Manetric. I didn't even know shiny Manetric looked so cool, that's what really keeps me motivated.

Yeah some shinys are really worth grinding for however some are pretty lackluster. I was gonna try for a shiny magby to evolve into magmar til I saw magmars colour in shiny, I was not impressed.

Last edited:
    Years
    Just hatched a shiny Gastly using this method! :) It's female though and my boyfriend wanted a male so I'm going to keep hatching. But yay for good luck! Only started breeding two days ago.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I've been trying like mad to use the masuda method to breed a shiny Eevee (or better yet, two, because I want both shiny Sylveon and Unbreon). I must've filled over 4 or 5 PC boxes with eggs, but still, no shiny. ): Boo.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I want to use a Togekiss on the team I'm building, and since I'm a fan of its shiny, I'm gonna try my luck at it using the Masuda Method. Plus, using a Japanese Ditto from the Friend Safari as well as my own Friend Safari Togepi, the offspring should acquire some good IVs to boot.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah some shinys are really worth grinding for however some are pretty lackluster. I was gonna try for a shiny magby to evolve into magmar til I saw magmars colour in shiny, I was not impressed.

To me it doesn't really matter if I have to hatch a 1,000+ eggs since I won't be actually playing until PokeBank is released, so in the mean time I can do this. Also now that A=L is back I can multitask :).

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you that OMG it finally happened! Yesterday I hatched my 458th Egg, and a lovely Shiny Fennekin hatched! I was so thrilled, I have been using the Masuda Method twice now (my first was a Shiny Torchic after 38 Eggs), but I really wanted to have that cute Shiny Fennekin to be part of my team! ^_^ (I could only do like 100 Eggs a day, because I also have to work, but it took approximately 6 days so that isn't bad)

For everyone else out there, still doing their best to hatch their favorite Pokemon to be Shiny, good luck! Don't give up! Find something in the meantime to do (watch TV or listen to your favorite music), that really helps going through the progress! And you need some luck on your side, don't let the game beat you! You will get there eventually, and when it finally happens all your hard work will be rewarded! :D

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you that OMG it finally happened! Yesterday I hatched my 458th Egg, and a lovely Shiny Fennekin hatched! I was so thrilled, I have been using the Masuda Method twice now (my first was a Shiny Torchic after 38 Eggs), but I really wanted to have that cute Shiny Fennekin to be part of my team! ^_^ (I could only do like 100 Eggs a day, because I also have to work, but it took approximately 6 days so that isn't bad)!

Grats! I am doing about 60/day for whatever shiny I am working on. Currently I'm trying for a Tyrunt on an ENG game using JPN-KOR parents (testing a theory about not requiring one parent to be native to your region). No luck yet but I'm only about 100 eggs in. I'll call it quits and admit my failure if I reach 1,000. Until then, hatch hatch hatch!

Back