• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
  • So originally I was hunting this, but I decided to take a break after 491 egg to go iv breed some poke for competitive. Then I started a hunt for a shiny Ralts, which I got after 109 egg. Anyway, I decided to continue the hunt, after 630 egg(continuing from where I left off) I got this beautiful shiny!
    Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Verging on my 100th Togepi egg and still no shiny as of yet. Alas, my fire hasn't been extinguished and I'm very determined to hatch a shiny. For those interested, I'm using a Japanese Friend Safari Ditto with a timid, female Togetic (also from Friend Safari) with Serene Grace holding the Everstone.

Going to be wonder trading a whole lot of Timid/Serene Grace Togepi after all of this is done.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I'm at my 1,900 egg hatched and still no shiny Electrike. I was hoping to get this shiny before PokeBank arrived but I guess it will take a little longer, Ill continue hatching tomorrow and see if I get lucky.

Years
  • literally as i was reading this thread, a shiny helioptile hatched and im so excited because its my first shiny in any pokemon game ever (other than gyarados) :D

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Still no shiny from hatching. Using a JPN Sandslash and my Sandshrew with everstone for nature.

I tried to fish up a shiny Magikarp, but so far I haven't been able to replicate my dumb-luck getting a shiny Luvdisc.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    2,105 eggs now and nothing. Man, this method really tests your patiance, gotta keep pushing until I get what I want.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2015
    Wow over 2000 eggs? I am so jealous of friends I know in RL who got their shinies in less than 100 eggs. It makes me paranoid about the everstone but I know it's safe to use.

I'm around 700 eeves now. This is tough, really does test your patience!

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    2,105 eggs now and nothing. Man, this method really tests your patiance, gotta keep pushing until I get what I want.

Oh man, that is hitting high numbers! I'm pulling for you man!

SOOOOOOOOO, after just a few eggs (around 1400ish) I finally got a SHINY PINSIR,
    Adamant, 4 max IVS HP/ATT/SpD/SPE
    Unfortunately it ended up with 'Hyper Cutter' and not 'Moxie' that I had my fingers crossed for, however its still a great outcome!

Thank you everyone for your support...I got there in the end.

Very nice, Pinsir is lookin' fierce!

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Well, I just decided to try for no reason. I was actually only looking to hatch a Munchlax for the Pokedex, but I had a Japanese Snorlax so I thought 'Why not?' I just started and hatched my 5th egg. I'm hoping to get a shiny. ^^

Years
  • Well, I just decided to try for no reason. I was actually only looking to hatch a Munchlax for the Pokedex, but I had a Japanese Snorlax so I thought 'Why not?' I just started and hatched my 5th egg. I'm hoping to get a shiny. ^^

Good luck to you, if you do manage to hatch one can you try and get a pic uploaded as I'd love to see a pic of the little shiny fella :).

zroc

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I have a question hopefully someone could help answer. This is my first attempt at MM breeding and I've hatched over 700 Eevee. I stopped putting them in the pc after 200 ir so, now im releasing them as they hatch. So I'm wondering if boxing them is necessary or if im doing this right.

Years
  • I have a question hopefully someone could help answer. This is my first attempt at MM breeding and I've hatched over 700 Eevee. I stopped putting them in the pc after 200 ir so, now im releasing them as they hatch. So I'm wondering if boxing them is necessary or if im doing this right.

You could always wonder trade them.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • 212 eggs later and I've finally succeeded at hatching my Shiny Togepi. Not only is it my first shiny Pokémon this generation, but it's also the first shiny I've ever hatched. I nicknamed him Pixel!

He's a Timid Nature with the ability Serene Grace, so he's exactly what I wanted.

01wf1JF.png

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    I took a break from hunting for a shiny Mawile. After 140 or so eggs I started losing hope so I put Y (haven't even finished it) away and decided to buy X and complete it the old fashion way without Wonder Trading or EV training. I'm not a quitter but along the way I got distracted and didn't even care to finish the game, but a couple days ago after a hard day of hatching I decided to postpone my search and really focus on the game.

This Gen has been the only one that I've attempted egg hunting, EV training etc. and it's tough -- those that complete shiny hunts have patience for sure.

Good luck to those who are still at it.

bluestars83

Your friendly neighborhood Ace Trainer :)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 6, 2016
    I started to breed my Bulbasaur with a Japanese Ditto last week but gave up after 4 days of trying with no luck. But, after giving up on getting a shiny Charmander i went back to Bulbasaur and the first egg that hatched was a shiny. I couldn't tell at first as it almost looked the same color til i looked closer. Not my first one in the game though as i found a shiny Wingull and Pawniard in the wild. But first one via breeding so YAYS!
    I'm trying to get a shiny Zorua now though, have 2 FULL boxes atm, so if anyone would like a Zorua, hit me up!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've hatched about 2000 eggs and there was nothing. I have opted for getting FC's from people who have shiny eevees and hoping to get one through Friend Safari

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • I'm trying to get a shiny Zorua now though, have 2 FULL boxes atm, so if anyone would like a Zorua, hit me up!

I am working on getting a Shiny Zorua as well. So far, nothing, but I just started this afternoon (JPN Ditto and AMER Zorua). First to post their shiny?

Years
  • Trying out this Masuda Method for the first time. Breeding Fennekin and hopefully will get a shiny soon. Already up to one box full. All the non-shiny will be distributed on Wonder Trade~

Back