• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone ever confused you're gender?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    In real life: Some people assumed I was a female by my voice alone back in middle school, but I haven't been confused for one since.

Online: I try to make it clear that I'm a male, so no one here or anywhere else online has confused my gender. :D

Years
    Never had it happen to me in real life. Thank goodness, because I think I'd freak out. At this point, I think it'd be hard to mistake me for a man. XD;;

Online, of course I have. I just end up correcting them and moving on. The only time I'll think it's odd is when I actually have my gender displayed, but even then, mistakes happen. No use getting worked up over it.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Lol, I used to have really long hair, and my voice isn't very masculine, so people thought I was a girl all the time. Until I beat the hell out of one of my class mates for calling me a girl.....XD

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
    All the time. ;D

Well okay, in all seriousness.. online it happens quite frequently. XD IRL it's only happened.. 3 or 4 times, and each time I was rather surprised. Honestly, looking at me, I'm not sure how anyone could be confused, but the few times it did happen I figure my hair style was responsible, or maybe however I was dressed at the time. :/ I guess.. still not sure.

PBW

Years
    I've been mistaken for a girl several times, usually when seen from behind, because I'm short and have long hair.

Years
    Urm, I dont think *seriously* I get a lot of chavs asking me "Are you a boy or a girl" but they obviously know the answer and just aim to offend by asking :]

Yayy for androgyny XD

I actually think on a couple of occasions people have generally been confused though but meh.

xx

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    My relatives all thought I was going to be born a girl, and so bought a whole bunch of pink clothes and stuff... That's how I got the name Jacob.

Protip: look up the meaning of Jacob on Google or something.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    When I was a kid, people would assume I'm a girl on the phone. My voice got deeper but people still think that, so I change my manner of speaking into a more rude-like manner, so when people calls our phone, they'd know it's me.

Online, not really. Also maybe because if my theme features a girl on it, it's usually from a fanservice anime.

tobi-ksla

Years
    A number of people on a certain forum I joined 1 year ago thought I was of the other sex. I've even heard comments from two people that I write like the other sex.

I actually enjoy it when they get my gender wrong. You can thank my obsession towards the young, androgynous Frontier Brain of the Battle Tower for that...

Years
    Yes, when I was like 3 or 4 years old I often got mistaken for a girl by random people, I don't really know why. Probably because all children in that age look similar.

Back