• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Has anyone gotten a shiny starter?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Wondering how rare it can be to get a shiny starter with perfect nature and IVs...

SadOldMan

Developer/Epic Gamer/Humanoid Entity
    Years
    I don't know dude but I got a starter with hidden hability. Then I got into Pokemon home and recieved the three starters with hidden habilities, that kind of killed the magic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2022
    I got Grookey with Masuda method, tried Scorbunny as well, but gave up after a while... It's easier to get them that way, I had no patience at the beginning, just wanted to start the new journey

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Yeh, took about 4000 tries to get a shiny Torchic in Emerald (soft resetting). About 2000 or so when I went for a shiny Torchic in ORAS

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I've successfully soft-reset a shiny Bulbasaur in Fire Red, a shiny Litten in US and hatched a shiny Scorbunny in Sword. I've done other shiny starter hunts but have not been successful.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Nah, I was way too impatient to start playing to reset for a shiny. If I ever restarted, maybe I would, but idk. I just got a shiny Xerneas (♡!!) so I don't plan on restarting anytime soon.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I had the chance to have a shiny Rowlet when I was playing Pokémon Ultra Sun, but it was male, so I had to reset the game at the time. I always begin my game with a female starter because they're easier to breed early in the game. Otherwise, I have to wait to catch a Ditto, which typically takes a long time into the game. I never really cared about shiny Pokémon though unless it's a shiny version of my one of my all-time favorites, or if the shiny version looks pretty. The truth is a lot of shiny Pokémon are mostly just an ugly green color or bland pink. Very few shiny colors actually look pretty to me.

ShinyCinderace335

Shiny Hunter and Ranked Battler
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    yep hatched all 3 shiny starters, 1st was sobble in 960 eggs, then scorbunny in 335 eggs and grookey i didnt count how many eggs

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2022
    Thought about it, but never have. Currently trying to hatch shiny Ralts and once reset for a shiny Lugia in Crystal (1042 resets).

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Unless you're breeding, it would be impossible. Not just because getting 6 perfect IVs would be insane, but because the SWSH Starters are Shiny-locked. With the proper parents and items though, it wouldn't actually be too crazy to hatch one. Getting one with perfect IVs and an ideal nature, on the other hand...

Not that IVs or Natures really matter these days thanks to Mints (if you have the DLC) and Hyper Training.

Outside of SWSH, I've only gotten a Shiny Squirtle, but it wasn't at the start of a game. I SR'd it in HGSS after beating Red. A rare female, too! She's a Wartortle now (my favorite member of the line). I've also tried for a Shiny Cyndaquil but haven't had any luck yet.

Years
    It doesn't have perfect nature and IVs... but, at some point I randomly hatched shiny Charmander.
    Wasn't breeding for one. I was doing HA/egg move breeding and it just happened @_@

Back