• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone leveled up EVERY Pokemon to 100?

Years
  • I am just curious if anyone has caught every pokemon (from any generation) and leveled all of them to 100. That would be pretty hardcore to say the least.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I think if someone actually did that with legit methods, that they could safely say they are the pokemon master. :O

I can't imagine all the hours of grinding...... >_<

But no, I've never heard of anyone doing that. Maybe in the first Gen when there were only 151, but not now.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No....but on Emerald, a few years back, I did level every pokemon I could find to lv.100 (about 150+, obviously not the whole pokedex, even regional, as I couldn't trade)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I think if someone actually did that with legit methods, that [S-HIGHLIGHT]they could safely say they are the pokemon master[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. :O

I can't imagine all the hours of grinding...... >_<

But no, I've never heard of anyone doing that. Maybe in the first Gen when there were only 151, but not now.

Actually, that's what my personal definition of a Pokemon Master is based on. I consider a true Master to be a Trainer who catches every Pokemon available, evolves them to their final stages, and trains them all to Level 100. For Pokemon with branched evolutionary lines, all of the final members have to be caught and raised to Level 100 (i.e., with the Eeveelutions, as of their current availability, one would have to catch and raise 7 Eevees into Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, and train each of them to Level 100 in order to count towards Master-status completion).

Anyway, I've attempted to achieve the daunting task. Unfortunately, I have lost 2 Sapphire cartridges, both with several Level 100 Pokemon on them. I do intend to achieve the goal one day; it's just going to take awhile... :\

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    not without cheating ;-) but no, i can't even raise my starter alone to 100. i just dont have the patience. i enjoy exploring towns n stuff more than engaging in the strategic, competitive aspect of the games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I've been playing Pokemon for years, and I have never gotten one Pokemon to level 100 in my entire life.

This.

Pretty sure the highest I have levelled any pokemon in any one generation is to level 65. I have never levelled a pokemon to 66 or higher.

There really seems to be no point when in most of the games, you only need to get either a team of 6 to 40 or so, or a team of 2 or 3 to 50-something to win.

Even one pokemon to 100 seems unnecessary unless you are going to be competing with it, let alone every pokemon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • With over 600 Pokemon now, I don't think I could ever think to try.

Heh...I will...once I can get past Gen III, at least...

But really, whoever completes the challenge of catching every single Pokemon (excluding those darn events) and leveling each of them to Level 100 should get an official Nintendo/Game Freak award or something (all they get for each Pokemon capture is a few pixels of a "certificate" and you don't even get anything for Level 100 training other than flimsy bragging rights...!).

In Emerald, it usually takes me approximately 3 days just to get one Pokemon to Level 100 with constant Elite Four rebattling. I've always wanted to see if I could ever get a Lucky Egg to lessen the duration of monotony of such battles...

EDIT: The major con is that if another cross-generational incompatibility arises like GenII>GenIII, you would be royally screwed if you actually did level all your Pokemon to Level 100... :(

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Anyway, I've attempted to achieve the daunting task. Unfortunately, I have lost 2 Sapphire cartridges, both with several Level 100 Pokemon on them. I do intend to achieve the goal one day; it's just going to take awhile... :\

It would take a long while, by time you finish leveling up all the pokemon in one Gen, they would be out with another one. :S

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • It would take a long while, by time you finish leveling up all the pokemon in one Gen, they would be out with another one. :S

Agreed. That is why backwards compatibility with Gens is much appreciated. :D At least if you start Level 100 training in Gen III, you can continue where you left off by transferring all your Pokemon via Pal Park to Gen IV and then via the PokeShifter to Gen V in Black and White Versions.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon for 7 years, but I never levelled all my Pokemon to level 100. The only Pokemon I managed to geet to 100 is Swampert in my first Sapphire game.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • ive got about 30 lvl 100s, and i will never ever train all pokemon up!!!!!!
    most of mine i dont touch, why would i train to 100?
    Nintendo should give like a signed 3DS to anyone who does it :)

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    ya i did in silver (the original, not the new bad one)
    Feraligatr, Politoad, Kingdra, Blastoise, Gengar, and Dragonite
    EDIT: OOOOHHHH... No i havent lol... my most was my team

Back