• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has GO encouraged you to go outside more?

Shuhbooty

space and time
Years
  • YES! When you're driving around, it's different when it comes to learning the area. When I started walking around I noticed and saw more things by walking then by driving. (obviously I had to pay attention to the road!)

So I loved checking out the tiny flowers growing in certain areas, learning the cool spots people actually hung out at. And having the opportunity to meet people with a significant interest as you is a bonus.

It's also encouraged me to get out and jog (I go and jog instead of playing the game) and it's a feeling I missed all too well. I enjoy sweating now (as gross as that sounds).

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    Not really, it just replaced all of the things that I used to do while I was traveling like listening to music and scrolling twitter.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Not massively, seeing as how I mostly play on the journey to and from work, and if i've managed to snag myself an incense, around the house.

Hence why i've only racked up 1.2km on my 'Jogger' medal.

Years
  • I lost 3kg since I started playing this. I'm glad I finally found that catalyst for turning my empty promise to myself (i.e. losing weight) into a reality.

still got a lot more exercising to do before I meet my goal, though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I lost 3kg since I started playing this. I'm glad I finally found that catalyst for turning my empty promise to myself (i.e. losing weight) into a reality.

still got a lot more exercising to do before I meet my goal, though.
    That's really awesome to hear, great job on how much progress you're making! How're you going about doing it, just going for long walks or heading out jogging or? Keep it up you're doing great :)

Years
  • I already go outside a decent amount, but I do have some slightly overweight friends who have lost weight just because they were playing Pokemon GO.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • A little bit. however it is so too bloody hot outside. And to make matters worse I am still sick with a really stubborn soar throat that refuses to go away.

Years
  • I have always been an outdoors type of person so Pokemon Go just basically gives me another reason to be outdoors and active. I love searching and catching the Pokemon and all the other little things involved in the games, but the ultimate thing for me is being outside and getting more exercise.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It has for me, but only for hatching eggs. I don't usually go out for catching new Pokémon.

Nothing rare spawns here except once in a blue moon and nothing that appears on the nearby map spawn.

However I have seen families of deer, rabbit's and duck's since playing the game, which to be honest was more exciting then any Pokémon.

But I usually can only go out between 7pm and 10 because it's 80 degrees most of the day, but it's not exactly safe to go out at night, and it starts getting dark at 9:30.

MB2016

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Yeah, I'm going more and more outside - that's for sure :)

Back