• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has your favorite Pokémon changed over time?

Years
  • Probably, I used to remember the majority of all the Pokémon but now can remember a select few. I think Weezing sticks out for some reason. Magneton as well. Other than that I don't have very many deviations.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My favorite's have changed, but I never updated my signature.

The #1 favorite for me is Tyranitar. Crobat is my 2nd, and Ledian is probably #3....I wish it wasn't so weak though. Even casually playing in game it's not very good.

Years
  • Venasaur was my favorite when Pokemon first came out. Then I added Umbreon, then Mawile and Swampert, and then Garchomp. I don't really have any more favorites after GEN 5, but I still play all the games.

serene sejal

Flowing life
    Years
  • My fave has always been the Piplup line. I may hold multiple Pokemon in the No.1 spot, but not change the faves. Weird, I know XD
    Interesting to see people here change favourites. I nearly changed to Sylveon, bought a figure as well, but decided not to let Piplup down, hehe.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They haven't changed, more like the list has just gotten longer.

Originally, I liked Ninetales, Pikachu, Arcanine, and Mewtwo.

Nowadays, Darumaka, Lucario, Lycanroc, and some others got added.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • Yes, many a times. Still does depending on my mood. I've never had an absolute favorite.

Last edited:

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
  • Here is a messy list of my favorite Pokemons: Poliwhirl, Arcanine, Typhlosion, Luxray, Braviary, Staraptor, Samurott, Chandelure, Simisage, Kommo-o, Golurk, Eelektross, Beartic, Simisage, Dragalge, Garbodor, Gigalith, Druddigon and Pangoro

milcute

a sweet melody~
    Years
  • For the longest time I considered Torchic my favorite Pokemon, since it was my first starter and all. But over time, I inexplicably developed a love for Scraggy. Don't ask why. He's just the cutest to me for some reason.

Years
  • I've always kept to Fire-type Pokemon. Charmander was my first favourite, then when Mystery Dungeon came out Cyndaquil, and for the last few years it's been Growlithe/Arcanine!
    I recently caught a Galarian Ponyta and think that one might quickly become my next favourite ♡ w ♡

Back