• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you beaten Red?

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    Red trains at the top of Mount Silver. Has anyone beaten him, and what level were your Pokemon? :o

This was my team (all of them were level 80):

Flame/Typhlosion ♂

-He beat Venusaur.

Kaio/Quagsire (shiny) ♂

-He beat Pikachu.

Rini/Ursaring ♀

-She beat Charizard.

Flappy/Crobat ♂

-He beat Snorlax. (Odd match-up, isn't it?)

Darky/Umbreon ♂

-He beat Espeon.

Sparky/Pikachu (shiny) ♂

-He beat Blastoise.

As you see, they all did something. :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It's been several years since I last played Silver/Crystal but I do remember beating Red with my Lv 100 Feraligatr. I wiped out his whole team with it alone.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I could never seem to beat him...I guess it is because at that time ago I only liked training my starter pokemon for some reason...

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I beated Red with my 45-60 level pokemons. (I go always with low level pokemons, because I can't wait to kill everybody...)

My team was:
    Poliwhirl lvl 45 (Killed almost Charizard)
    Lanturn lvl 48 (She almost killed Feraligatr)
    Rhydon lvl 47 (Pikachu was wery easy to win XD)
    Pidgeot lvl59 (Main person to kill Snorlax, Snorlax was hardest to kill)
    Typhlosion lvl 60 (Killed Venusaur)
    Ho-oh lvl 60 (Made final attack. Was there killing everybody)

Because I have low level pokemons I use much of potions and revives.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I can't remember my team as it was such a long time ago for me, but yes I did beat Red.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yes, I have beaten Red long time ago like maybe 4 years ago, but I been thinking now that I might start a new game and actually play it for a long time for once. lol

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    I don't remember the team, but i remember OHKO'ing his snorlax... his hp went down soooo slowly.

Years
    I beat Red a looooooong time ago. I think my team was Typhlosion, Lugia, Raikou (? maybe), Dragonite, Ho-oh (maybe) and I think that's it...I know for sure that Typhlosion, Lugia, and Dragonite were on my team though...I think they were around 70 or something...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Many a times, to the point where I started using him as training fodder to level up my other Pokémon. Unfortunately, this also means I don't remember the first team I beat him with.

I do, however, remember my last team.

Furret and Typhlosion. Both in their 60's. Furret took care of the first half, and Typhlosion took care of the second half. I think I might've used a revive at one point but probably didn't need it. (Glory of TMs, really.)

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Yes. I remember thinking I was king of the world when I beat him, he was seriously difficult.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I beat him tons of times. In-game battles are always easy. -_-

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I remember slaughtering him. He wasn't as hard as people said he was, though, and I was really expecting more out of the battle, even when I was 10. I use him to level up weak poke's too. I can still remember the first team I beat him on gold with: Feraligatr lvl 90, Sneasel lvl 60, Ho-oh lvl 70, snorlax lvl 60 something, mewtwo lvl 100, and a lvl 60 something charizard.

Back