• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Sadly, I never did on G/S/C or R/B/Y, although we did get all of them (bar special legendaries) on Sapphire/Ruby... Hmm...

Years
    I caught 'em all on my Blue game.

Alas, that was the only game I've caught em all on. I even have an AR Max for GBA and an AR for DS, and I don't use them to catch Pokemon. I like to WORK at it xD

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I got the following:
    Yellow
    151 pokemon seen
    151 pokemon caught

Green (Not Blue or Red, Japanese Green!)
    151 pokemon seen
    151 pokemon caught

Crystal
    250 pokemon seen (except Celebi)
    250 pokemon caught

Emerald
    386 pokemon seen
    385 pokemon caught (Don't have Mew)

Pearl
    493 pokemon seen
    493 pokemon caught (my friend hacks his save file)

Platinum
    493 pokemon seen
    493 pokemon caught (who says that I can't transfer?)

So, yeah, I basically caught them all.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    i finished pokemon red with 150 pokemon and came back to it years later to find the file was corrupted but when i clicked to load the game the pokedex count was 151 :\

i had 248 on pokemon gold (i think it was 248 anyway) but all i was missing was mew, celebi and tyranitar; my pupitar was like 3 levels off evolution- and then it was stolen >.<

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I've never completed my Pokédex on any version i've played. Closest I ever came was on Blue years and years ago, I got 148 or 149 I believe and this kid at school started a new game and saved, wiping away all my hard work. I was genuinely devastated haha.

Nearest i've got atm is on Silver - something like 220-230, can't remember exactly. I've seen them all bar 4 or 5 though.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    No, but I am going to try when I get my hands on another Silver (I lost my old one).

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I almost caught them all... On my yellow version I had like 148, but my friend dropped my game and it reset itself :(...

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Man... those were the days.
    Red and Blue had just come out, and me and my freind were determined to catch them all.
    I had blue, and he had red, and we worked together to get all of them.
    A week after we'd caught all 150 [excluding mew], my Stepdad went out to have a few drinks, my gameboy color was in a plastic bag, and he came back and thought it would be a good idea to vomit in the bag. It destroyed my gameboy color and my blue version [He replaced them both, thank god].. But all my hard work had gone. You can imagine how dissapointed I was.

I'm gonna try to go for as many as I can legit on Platinum when it comes out over here in merry old england, though.

Back