• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    i caught them all in Red and Yellow. Second generation i got all the pokemon in Fire Red too....that was hard..

Me and a friend at the age of 7 or 8 caught them all. I used my Blue version to help him with the starters and Hitmonlee. (why did EVERYONEE) choose Hitmonchan? Any ways we got the certificate. It was one of the most dissapointing days in my pokemon life. It took us close to a year to finish that.. and all's the guy does is give you a certificate. We thought we would get mew or something haha.

We kind of cheated though. We used the missingno glitch to get rare candies to get some of the evolved forms.
    no way man i always choose hitmonlee....higher attack!

Last edited:

Sunyshore

=^-^=
    Years
    I haven't ever got 'em all, because I don't have anybody who would trade with me nor two consoles (and a link cable). And after all, I'm too lazy to even try to catch them all. Luckily, most of my favorite Pokémon are easy to get.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I'm only about 5 Pokemon away from having caught them all in my Crystal... And I even trained many of the stone-evolving ones to a level where they actually had learned decent moves! (Like Gloom up to level 44 so it would learn Petal Dance before evolving it) I also caught all the three dogs myself and Ho-oh after that~ Now I'm afraid that the internal battery will die, since it has already happened to all my older games... ;__;

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    sadly i could never do it i didnt have a link cable back then so i couldnt get the version only pokemon. though i would like to finish the newer pokedex

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    sadly i could never do it i didnt have a link cable back then so i couldnt get the version only pokemon. though i would like to finish the newer pokedex

The funniest thing about getting a complete pokedex in Gen III or IV is that it's almost impossible to do it legitimately. It just takes FOREVER because you have to do three full playthroughs, pretty much, of Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen, and spend all that time on Emerald in the Safari Zone... Doesn't it sound like so much fun you could puke from the excitement?
    (That's pretty much just for Gen III, since I haven't looked at how many pokemon of the metal generation are in the newest.)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Nah..I never cared about completing the Pokedex. Battling appealed to me more :)

Kevo182

Hero of Hyrule
    Years
    I got all 250 or 251 (i cant remember) on my Crystal, but then it crashed about a week or 2 later. :P

Game M

Grumpy Bear
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2009
    I only did on my pokemon blue, other than the one we got at the nintendo conventions

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    In Pokemon Version Red, yes, I did. And that include Mew, which was given to me by a very old friend. Now with the total at 493, I don't plan on ever "catching them all" again.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    I got to 132 on my Pokemon Red waaaaay back in the day, which was quite impressive at the game.

On my yellow version I got to like 110, then just did cheats to get all 151, so I could see my reward from Professor Oak.

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    I did in Blue. Without cheating, except for Mew. But that's a special case. Everything else I caught on my own or traded for. I still have that Blue around somewhere...

Back