• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well on Diamond i have got all the Pokémon that can be legitimately obtained but i have never caugh 'em all =(

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Nope on pokemon Silver i caught 205 pokemon. The closeses i been to that is on diamond where i have 115

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    No not without a game shark but it was my friends so he endedup ruining my game. lol

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I have on my red, blue, yellow, and crystal lots of time on my hands

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'm almost there on my FireRed game. All I have to do now is evolve a few of my Pokémon and BAM! Instant caught 'em all status.

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    In the first generation games [R/B/Y] it's very easy to catch them all..
    Simply because there are no handheld games before them.. What I mean by that is, take G/S/C for example.
    You need the first generation games to get most of the first gen Pokemon in the second gen.
    So all 151 Pokemon are in R/B/Y games and you don't have to ridiculous things like 'Pal Park'.
    BUT, there is the exception of Eevee evolutions. You need to be able to breed to obtain all.
    So yes, I have caught them all..

Immortal_one

Math is power.
    Years
    I caught them all in Blue once, but I quit trying to catch them all in the other games because all I got was a lame certificate!
    I was expecting something more :(

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    @Immortal one ; You sort of need to catch them all in Sinnoh or no National Dex.
    Sucks cause you need that dex for pretty much all the other good Pokemon.

XaRhS

Neither i have caught 'em all. I really never got to work to finish my pokedex, i never had the patience and insistance to, so i did not....

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    On my Silver, I had all 249 (except Mew and Celebi), until the internal battery died and the Pokes were gone forever!! ;__;

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    the most i ever had were iirc 142 or 143 in red thousand years ago
    most times i have maybe 30 pokemon at the end and imo its enough xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I caught all 150 on Red and all 250 on Gold. I'm pretty close to completing my pokedex in my other games (~5-20 left to go on third and fourth gen games).

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I'm now super close to having a 100% legit living Pokedex on Pokemon Diamond, all I'm in need of now is Shaymin and Arceus, apart from those two i have every Pokemon legit, including all multiple forms of Pokemon such as Unown, Deoxys and Shellos, plus a Mew from Ranch, Movie Darkrai and 10Aniv Celebi, i just hope legit Shaymin and Arceus are available soon.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    I'm now super close to having a 100% legit living Pokedex on Pokemon Diamond, all I'm in need of now is Shaymin and Arceus, apart from those two i have every Pokemon legit, including all multiple forms of Pokemon such as Unown, Deoxys and Shellos, plus a Mew from Ranch, Movie Darkrai and 10Aniv Celebi, i just hope legit Shaymin and Arceus are available soon.

Luckily for you, Legit Shaymin IS available

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I think I might have got them all in blue (Except Mew), but I never even tried to in gold and silver.

I hope to someday though!

Back