• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Ever Thought About Leaving PC?

So have you?

• Total voters

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Yes, but only when i have to get off the computer(so short term leaving lol)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Of course, and I'm sure almost every member around here must have thought about that at least once (if not done it a few times :P)

In my case, I just was overwhelmed with stuff so I just decided to quit, but after two or three days thought about everything more calmly and then came back. After that, I realized the importance this place has for me, and now I know that whenever I think "why dont we leave, at least for a while?", the answer inmediately comes "...but you'll miss the place after 10 minutes..."

Just to give you an idea, when I had to be away for a month for studying, I really struggled a lot to pay attention to my studies and not to PC (which I ended up checking logged out a few times per week >.<)

Dont forget I'm one of the people who really considers PC as an addiction.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Of course. I've left so many times I've lost count. In fact, I've come back today after being absent for a couple of months. True story.

Just depends if I can find the time to go here, really.

edit - Whoa, just looked at my join date...I've been registered for 4 years...hahah

Years
    The only time I've close to left PC is when I first joined. I very rarely visited for a few months.

Ever since I've been active on PC, I've never considered leaving, just quitting from the staff. Obviously, that never goes through... a break is usually all I need to stick around.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I've left a few times. Though some wouldn't consider it leaving. I usually stop coming online when there isn't anything interesting in the pokéverse. But I usually return when I need something… like when I returned late 2007 I needed to complete my pokedex. xD

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I left once. I was really noobish and stupid, I could tell people were getting tired of my posts. I hadn't had much interest in it anyway, but I came back. And haven't left again since. And I don't plan on leaving again any time soon.

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Yea I planned to leave a few times, the first one was pretty much because people had not noticed me (and because i had the weirdest user name ever). That was my fault for not saying that I am actually here, but still, i sometimes feel lonely because people don't take notice of me, and a few people do talk to me, but when people visit my profile, even an simple "hi how are you" would be good; sometimes i think they are just there to see the chaser video, and there is nothing wrong with that. Also I know there are people in this community just like me that are quiet and just browse around the forum, please spread the word of your existence!

I would also like to take this opportunity to say sorry to people who i may have offended by me saying things I would not normally say... Currently I am trying my hardest at breaking this stupidity that has been moulded into me by my real life friends, but it is something I am aiming for.

So yea... again all those who have been offended by something I have posted on the forums or said on the IRC, I am taking this opportunity to say sorry for anything offensive and stupid I have said, but of coarse some of you do need to improve a bit.

owning up to my mistakes- COMPLETE

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I left once, around April 3rd-ish, because I was bored and lonely. I just came back...because...well...I just got into PC again. >_>

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    My situation is similar to Moose's.
    All I used to do was look at the Rom-Hacking section... but lately, I've decided that I would like to be a more active member and really get the most out of PC!

Back to the topic: Have I ever wanted to leave PC? No, not really. I haven't officially "left" PokéCommunity before, but last year was the worst year of school I have had in a while, so I wasn't really able to get on the Community as much as I would have wanted to. Do I plan on leaving in the future? Well, probably not. I'm mostly looked-over here. I have a few friends I keep in contact with, but other than that... I basically just stalk the forums. Yes, I do read every single post in every forum I read. :knockedou

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I did leave PC at one point, out of frustration because I felt I didn't fit in with the community, back in April/May of 2007. I came back in January of 2008. However, when I came back, there were times I felt like leaving again, just because I didn't feel I fit in once again, however, that's all subsided now and I don't plan on leaving any time soon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The idea has certainly crossed my mind a couple of times, and I'm sure I've told myself I would leave one day, but that never happened. I don't really like the idea of leaving the forums, if I need time away, I just take that time and try not to make a big deal out of it. The only thing I've done that's remotely close to leaving was when I quite my position as Staff Admin last year, and that really killed my activity for the longest time. I think I would only leave this place if all of my friends left as well, then I'd have no real reason to stick around, I'm sure I would find myself still lurking every now and then though.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I left PC once with two of my friends to support a cause that I now would sincerely oppose.

It was a long time ago, and I was but a young, stupid child. I only regret saying the things I said and hurting the people I hurt.

I came back shortly after, and sporadically pop up on here for the lulz, most of the time lurking online but never posting.

I don't really have a reason to be here. All my friends are gone, and no one knows who I am except Steven. I had no 4 year anniversary thread and I wasn't surprised or hurt. lulz

I'm here to annoy you guys, basically.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Nah, I could never leave this forum. I don't think I've ever really thought about leaving it, although there was a day about three months ago that I found out something about this forum that made me think about leaving. But leaving gets you nowhere, if you ever want to make an impact or to have fun, abandoning the scenario is not the way to do it. There are too many reasons for me to stay, as well. The forum itself is amazing, the friends I have on it and communicate with on a daily basis are seriously cool and the history that I've been trying to find out about, well, there's still a lot more to find out.

Anyone who leaves is either looking for attention or has a proper reason to leave. The latter is a rare occurence, sadly.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Yea i did think about it.
    Well...
    Back in march i was getting bored..
    I was very new to D/P wifi battling since i was focusing on completing the game.
    I didn't train and i just jumped into battles so i left to complete the PokeDex and to ev train my pokemon.
    I left for 2 weeks and came back.I didn't think that i left for 2 weeks it seemed longer.
    Now i'm glued to PokeCommunity and i don't plan to leave again.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Yeah, I have. Often I make a new account when I come back, so I can "start out fresh". I've left for a period ranging from a few months to a year about three to four times, actually.

Back