• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever tried to raise Ashes team?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    when I got my first Pokemon game (yellow) from my brother, I tried my best to raise his team, I tried again in Emerald (his hoenn team).

Have you tried to raise his team?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Yes. It was actually not that bad, apart from all the NFE's. It was kinda annoying that I had to trade/hack-in the starters but whatever, except in Yellow.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Since he has teams that span all five generations, not just in the advance game series, I'll move this to PGC. And no. His teams suck and I hate Pikachu. I would never copy his teams.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't usually copy his teams, but I do have at least one Water, Grass and Fire Pokemon on my team (one of which is the starter, but in Pearl I have all 3 Sinnoh starters) as well as a bird-based Flying-type (I use a Staraptor in 4th Gen plus I have a Grotle and Monferno on my team in Pearl along with a Prinplup). And the last two slots go to two random Pokemon but I usually have a Pokemon knowing an Electric-type attack as a Pikachu substitute.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Yes, when I was young and played Yellow.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I did it during 4th gen for competitive battles and it worked out pretty well to be honest. Since I've switched computers since the team, I don't have the original PO file anymore. IIRC, it consisted of Charizard, Pikachu, Heracross, Torterra, Pidgeot, and.. Someone else. Torterra was a monster, I'll leave it at that haha

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I've thought of it but I came to the realization that I always evolve my Pokemon on my team no matter what and because of that yellow rat....I dont like Pikachu at all. So I never done it before. One of my friends did his Kanto team in Pokemon Leaf Green, and he told me that it was very difficult to complete the game.

:t354:TG

Years
    I tried a few times in Yellow but it never played out too well. Going to fight Gary or the Elite Four with so many unevolved Pokemon resulted in my butt being kicked :P

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i see ash's team as week i have tried and tried in every game to work with his team but i can never make them work there just not the right pokemon in a team for me to use but that is just my personal opinon

lucerne trandain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Nope, I've never tried to raise Ash's team, same goes for any of the anime characters. I prefer to raise my own team of Pokemon using my favorites, although the anime has inspired me to like some Pokemon.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    I had planned to do that in Adv (1st series where he didn't have more than 1 starter). But then I realised that his team sucked and abandoned that idea. Both Blaziken and Swampert seemed so much better than Sceptile!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Ash is adorable. I love him.
    His teams suck. I hate them. His Gible should have evolved at least once. I hate Pikachu. It can die in a hole. None of his teams have ever appealed to me and the Pokemon he picks are so overly predictable. So no, I never have, and never will, copy his teams

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I *guess* in the first time I played yellow I mostly did, but that was just because I kept the Pikachu and the three gift starters, rather than trying to emulate his team. (That and if I did I wouldn't have evolved some of those starters too, which I did =p).

In any other game, no. Nor with any other character's team for that matter.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Oh good God, now! Whenever I watched the anime, I'd get monumentally pissed off when any of the characters started talking about how they love their Pokemon 'just the way they are' and hated the thought of evolving any of them. And, of course, there was that whole episode where Pikachu could have evolved but then the series would have lost its cash cow the bond between it and Ash would have been diminished... bleh!

So, this preamble is all to say that I've never had a desire to emulate Ash's team.

Back