• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever used Lure Model?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    Have you ever used Lure Model?
    I haven't used my lure models yet, and I wanted to check few questions before using:

1. Shouldn't I wait for higher level before using it? Currently I'm 7.
    2. Does that attract people to my location? XD
    3. Good times for using it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    We used one today whilst the servers were iffy but still got a tonne of Pokémon from it.

1) Lure Modules from my experience don't yield too many rare Pokémon, just a bunch of common fodder for boosting your trainer level and evolving some of the weaker things - I'd say they're a great way to level up (especially with a lucky egg as you get sooooo much exp from evolving Pokémon with a lucky egg on) but if you want to save it for a chance at some stronger Pokémon in future then that's not a bad idea either.
    2) That'd depend on how many PokéStops are near you and how busy your town/surroundings are - in general people do tend to come towards the lures so you might want to find a little corner to hide in before activating it!
    3) Any time really, there are theories about time of day effecting what you find so take this into account if you do/don't want a tonne of Zubat but I used mine around 2 PM today and still caught over 5 Zubat with it so... I'd say it probably doesn't matter!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No. I'm not at a high enough level to get one yet. (I'm not buying one from the shop)

I'm not really sure there would be much point in dropping one in my small town. I might try it when I get free one for the heck of it but I'm not expecting much.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Lure Modules are really awesome and I have used two of them so far.

1. "Shouldn't I wait for higher level before using it? Currently I'm 7."
    Use them when ever you feel like it, your level mostly affects the CP of the pokemon lured, but not the specific kind of pokemon you will find. I also have found some pretty rare pokemon due to lures. Meowth, Magnemite, Staryu, Exeggcute, Tauros, Magmar, and Squirtle, are all fairly hard to find pokemon in my town and I have found all of them while hanging out near Lure Moduels.

2. "Does that attract people to my location? XD"
    Depends. The secret that I have learned about setting up a solid Lure Module that attracts lots of people is to set them up in areas where multiple Pokestops are located, also ones that are right next to Gyms are often incredibly popular. There's a fountain in my town that has three pokestops right next to each other and it is the single most popular gathering spot for people who want to set up lures. I've set two up there before and I've attracted sometimes up to 20+ people.

3. "Good times for using it?"
    Absolutley! Lure Modules have been a blast! The first one I set up attracted a TON of people at the Fountain I mentioned, and once everybody started talking to each other we actually all found out we were all on team Instinct. It was amazing to see so many people all on team Instinct all having a blast catching hard to find pokemon, talking about stupid large CP's and even gathering a group to go around and raid gyms.
    The second Lure Module I set up was last night around 2am at the fountain and I got a group of ten people at 2 in the freaking morning! We all got excited when we started to see the silouhette of a Lapras which was in the parking lot across the street from the Lure I had set up. We all went over there, caught and celebrated our incredibly rare catch and then called it a night.

Lure Modules are awesome, try them out if you haven't already, and if you can, keep in mind the location of your lure cause that will often heavily affect how many people will show up to hang out.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I've used it a couple times when around friends and we're taking turns.

However, I never use mine if there are other people in the area constantly refreshing them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    We live near a lake that has about 6 pokestops all together in one little area, and at any given time usually has 3 lures going.

The rarest thing I've found at this poke stop is a Poliwag, mostly you get Pidgey, Rattata and Weedle. No water pokemon really.

Years
    I haven't had to use any because there are enough people around already using theirs. I'm personally waiting until I'm in a different area and I can confirm that it has Pokemon I haven't found elsewhere and then hoping I'll get something new from it. I've got all the Doduos and Spearows I need, thanks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I used a lure module for the first time this past Saturday night when my boyfriend and I went Pokemon hunting. It was at a small park and the huge gazebo was a Pokestop. I decided to add in a module that I got as I leveled up, and before you know it, the park began to flock with Pokemon GO players from all over the town. It's amazing. Trust me, people will thank you for that.

loot

Josh.
    Years
    My friend set one up at our local park and 20 people showed up haha He is Level 20 so I guess he waited a bit.

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
    They are useful to me as I work right next to a Pokestop, so if it's quiet in the morning I plop down a lure and wait for the little critters to amble in.

EvaLiz666

Dilettante and occasional cookie baker
    Years
    I used a lure module for the first time this past Saturday night when my boyfriend and I went Pokemon hunting. It was at a small park and the huge gazebo was a Pokestop. I decided to add in a module that I got as I leveled up, and before you know it, the park began to flock with Pokemon GO players from all over the town. It's amazing. Trust me, people will thank you for that.

I think someone on the staff at Trinity College is putting regular lures on the three pokestops at the Front Gate which is the main entry, great idea to bring people in.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I haven't used one yet, but that's mostly because I haven't felt the need to. The people in my area are very generous with lure modules, there's always one up at the places I frequent.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I had the chance to spot one in my city, which don't have many people in and a very limited number of Pokestop.
    I want to use one tomorrow (I only have one), I'm going to my boyfriend's city and he said there is many Pokemon there, and some kind we don't have. This city have an university so I can see why they have more stuff than us. So tomorrow I'll try and see! :)

There is "Lure party" in another city. Sounds awesome.

Back