• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you gotten anyone into Pokémon?

Years
  • See title! have you ever gotten anyone you know into the series? \o/ or at least to try it briefly, like handing your game over for them to play a bit, or having them watch an episode of the anime with you?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • My nephews so far, and they enjoy it, my oldest nephew wants to buy an Pokemon Let's Go game for their switch

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • my adopted brothers and my ex-stepsister are into pokémon purely because of me and i have no problems with that :D i will promote pokémon to any kids idc im about to have a... whats that gender-neutral term... nibling??? hate it. anyway im about to get one of them and they're gonna be into pokémon i swear it~

also i didnt get some of my friends and the kids i worked with into pokemon but i certainly fostered their continued enthusiasm so thats a win!!

pkmin3033

I got my mother to play every game from Red right up to Y and she enjoyed all of them. She also put 300 hours into Blue Rescue Team, about 100 hours into Explorers of Time, and she played Pokemon Go for a while. She got a DS just so she could play Pokemon Pearl!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    UMM like everyone in elementary school until they banned it lmao. I got my younger cousins into it, my step-cousin into it (and onto PC!), everyone I've ever dated, and friends of all age groups as late as 30 to start monotype gyms!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I got my mother to play every game from Red right up to Y and she enjoyed all of them. She also put 300 hours into Blue Rescue Team, about 100 hours into Explorers of Time, and she played Pokemon Go for a while. She got a DS just so she could play Pokemon Pearl!

this is the cutest thing I've ever heard omg

pkmin3033

this is the cutest thing I've ever heard omg
    Having a mother who played Pokemon growing up was a blessing and a curse - on one hand, I never had to explain why I needed a game when it wasn't my birthday or Christmas...but I had to share my Gameboy, and I would often wake up in the morning to find it not where I left it. xD

Didn't take with my dad unfortunately! He's always said he doesn't have the reflexes to play video games...then pointedly ignored me when I've told him the games are turn-based and do not require reflexes.

Years
  • Most people that know me end up like some form of pokemon whether it be anime/Manga, games or GO

My kids are my best work tho got them into it early now they play the games and watch the anime with me

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I think I played a role in two of my cousins getting into Pokémon: my oldest first cousin on my mom's side because he liked whatever I liked (I remember that he couldn't even read when he got his first game—Crystal—and named his player JKLO) and my third oldest first cousin on my mom's side after I let her play Emerald Version (she got Pearl soon after). I also restored some interest in Pokémon back in high school when I taught some of my friends how to play the TCG.

Back